THE Official 2017 S&C Deadlift Competition Thread

lakers_oh_snap.gif

It's on!

Let's do one big log, separate logs were always a little less trafficked and diluted je competition somewhat.

I am still proud to have been on the team with the GOAT name in a previous F13 comp, Coanan & The Barbellians.

The collective log is much better for a couple reasons:
1. Already stated; increased traffic
2. Allows more access for shit talking and chirping, which is paramount in any competition.

I am disappoint Kmart and J-Ro aren't in the same team.

I am disappoint Kmart and J-Ro aren't in the same team.
No thanks. I wouldn't be able to take pride in results by sandbagging juicer Pin Russel.

I'm not sure you quite understand the meaning of that word.

It's also not my fault you had/have substance abuse issues.

675 is your lifetime PR? Do tell.

I'm not sure you can categorize being able to pass a drug test as a substance abuse issue, but I understand your wanting to rationalize.

Set those standards low so it's hard to be criticized! Good ploy. Good luck getting that 25 pounds. Those drugs won't lift the weights for you, or so I've heard.

So, you think that anyone not using a lifetime PR is sandbagging?
Do you like or dislike targeted bitching? You seem fine with it while Pin is doing it. To answer, though, I generally don't care what people do in a "just for fun" online informal competition. It's not a cause for my concern.

Except for a guy who portends to be so much holier than thou... he better live up to more stringent standards. Pin seems to believe everything I say or do is cause for derision. I pretty much feel the same about his hypocritical ass.

It's going to be a good, competitive six months. If the banter gets to you on day one, it will be a long six months too.

675 is your lifetime PR? Do tell.

I'm not sure you can categorize being able to pass a drug test as a substance abuse issue, but I understand your wanting to rationalize.

Set those standards low so it's hard to be criticized! Good ploy. Good luck getting that 25 pounds. Those drugs won't lift the weights for you, or so I've heard.

It's 1.5% less than my PR. Is everyone else in here using their all-time PRs as a starting point?

Why would I use the 685 I pulled on Jan 6, 2016 as a starting point when it's not even remotely relevant to my current training or strength levels?

Low standards? Pretty funny coming from a guy whose lifting across all three lifts looks pretty fucking bad

I don't even have to guess or make assumptions about working way harder than you in the gym. I mean, you keep a log. Your workouts are a joke.

he better live up to more stringent standards.

Yeah. I do. Regardless of their thoughts towards me personally, I think all of the posters here (aside from you, that is) realise that I hold my lifting to a pretty high standard. I think the hundreds of videos I've posted here since I started lifting should help you out with that.

Aside from the two deadlifts I missed in my last meet, I haven't revived a red light in my last two meets.

So, maybe you should try holding yourself to higher standards. Or is posting a shitty deadlift, adding a bullshit excuse after the fact, and then posting another video that proves you were full of shit "stringent" to you?

Last edited:
Do you like or dislike targeted bitching? You seem fine with it while Pin is doing it. To answer, though, I generally don't care what people do in a "just for fun" online informal competition. It's not a cause for my concern.

If the banter gets to you on day one, it will be a long six months too.
Just relax. I was only asking because your "targeted" comment seemed like a strange thing to say and would imply that a good portion of the people in this competition are sandbagging.

As far as the bickering between you and Jim, it doesn't bother me at all. I actually find it mildly entertaining.

I mean, you keep a log.

Yes, I do. Unlike you. I guess not maintaining a log makes it nice for you, since you're able to dish out criticism while avoiding it yourself. How bold.

Also, congrats on putting out a 25 pound increase as a goal. You really went out on a limb with that one. Everyone is impressed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back