Economy The U.S-China Trade War: China said it would impose retaliatory tariffs on $75 billion in U.S. goods

My point was that the communists are fucking bottom feeders that did nothing in WWII and won a defeated China (While pretending today that they had anything relevant to contribute to WWII) They sucked then and they suck now. Fuck em and fuck you.

Nice, you know that you got schooled and now trying to get out of the argument by using crude behaviour and personal attacks. Quite pathetic but predicable. You have the intelligence level and complexity equal to that of a single celled organism.

Once again moron, history lesson: THE COMMUNISTS WERE NOT IN POWER DURING JAPANESE OCCUPATION. You can't lose something until you actually have it. China at the time was undergoing a civil war and the American backed nationalists were getting tooled by the Japanese. The communists were a far more effective resistance against the Japanese compared to the vastly superior arms of the Nationalists. The nationalists controlled the majority of China at the time of Japanese occupation.

Read a fucking history book before you engage in discussions like this.

They were also more effective than the Japanese at killing Chinese people.

When? During the same time frame I would wager that the Japanese killed more Chinese than the CCP. Heck the Nationalists probably killed more Chinese than the CCP.

Or are you trying to compare 70 years of CCP control of China vs less than a decade of Japanese occupation? Do you think the 30 million that died during the cultural revolution were all murdered by the CCP the same way Japanese murdered Chinese during WW2? Starvation from bad policies isn't murder or else you have to blame Hoover for killing 7 million Americans due to the great depression.

My point was that the communists are fucking bottom feeders that did nothing in WWII and won a defeated China (While pretending today that they had anything relevant to contribute to WWII) They sucked then and they suck now. Fuck em and fuck you.

Whoah that escalated very quick. Heheheh.

Or are you trying to compare 70 years of CCP control of China vs less than a decade of Japanese occupation? Do you think the 30 million that died during the cultural revolution were all murdered by the CCP the same way Japanese murdered Chinese during WW2? Starvation from bad policies isn't murder or else you have to blame Hoover for killing 7 million Americans due to the great depression.

Where are the pictures of Americans dying on the roads due to starvation?

Nice, you know that you got schooled and now trying to get out of the argument by using crude behaviour and personal attacks. Quite pathetic but predicable. You have the intelligence level and complexity equal to that of a single celled organism.

Once again moron, history lesson: THE COMMUNISTS WERE NOT IN POWER DURING JAPANESE OCCUPATION. You can't lose something until you actually have it. China at the time was undergoing a civil war and the American backed nationalists were getting tooled by the Japanese. The communists were a far more effective resistance against the Japanese compared to the vastly superior arms of the Nationalists. The nationalists controlled the majority of China at the time of Japanese occupation.

Read a fucking history book before you engage in discussions like this.
You’re not saying anything I don’t already know. I never claimed the communists were in power during WWII, I simply said “what were they doing in WWII?” When you spoke of the Japanese occupation and civil war to point out how ineffective they were. It was irrelevant to the conversation and just a jab at the CCP

But in any case, Chinese history pre-communist takeover is almost irrelevant in the conversation. You writing textbooks on chinese history is just your way of deflecting so you can call me a stupid American and pretend like you’re right.

The whole reason I ever posted was to say that’s china would have been better off without the CCP. The fact is that the CCP is terrible and the benefits of their rule do not outweigh the harm they’ve done. That is the whole point of this argument. But please keep on writing about Chinese history I already know

By the way, 7 million Americans dead during the Great Depression? He’s literally spouting Russian propaganda but we’re brainwashed LOL

And then blaming Hoover? Fucking ‘tard doesn’t know about American history obviously. Besides the fact 7 million Americans didn’t die during the Great Depression, Hoover was out of office by 1929 but the depression peaked after he left. That’s like me blaming Mao for 40+ million deaths in 1945. Except that actually happened regardless of historical date and Mao is directly responsible for those deaths with his policy.

The whole reason I ever posted was to say that’s china would have been better off without the CCP. The fact is that the CCP is terrible and the benefits of their rule do not outweigh the harm they’ve done. That is the whole point of this argument. But please keep on writing about Chinese history I already know

Man you talk as if China is the next Soviet Union of the cold war.. Ready to wipe out the entire world.. lol.

They've only modernize China at a neck breaking speed - going through their own industrial revolution, improved their literacy rate (66% to 96% in 35 years) and catapulted their way to being a powerhouse nation in the world in less than 40-50 years. You think the people of China believe their government is working against them or for them?...

Man you talk as if China is the next Soviet Union of the cold war.. Ready to wipe out the entire world.. lol.

They've only modernize China at a neck breaking speed - going through their own industrial revolution, improved their literacy rate (66% to 96% in 35 years) and catapulted their way to being a powerhouse nation in the world in less than 40-50 years. You think the people of China believe their government is working against them or for them?...

South Korea was as poor as China in the 70s and they managed to industrialize just fine without destroying their enviroment, their societal fabric and without stomping human rights.

Yes, they improved literacy at the cost of 10s of millions of lives, congrats.

My point is that 1) China did not need the CCP to become wealthy and literate. 2) Other Chinese countries like Taiwan and Hong Kong did it without the man-made famines and police states

You can stop with the communist sympathy, CCP did worse for china than they did good.

South Korea was as poor as China in the 70s and they managed to industrialize just fine without destroying their enviroment, their societal fabric and without stomping human rights.

It's a lot easier to manage a country of 30 million people speaking the exact same language as opposed to a much larger country of 800+ million different ethnic Chinese people with 7 major groups of languages (hundred or more dialects) spread across a vast area. There are still 400 million Chinese in China that do not speak Mandarin as of 2015. If you know anything about China you would have realized that there are 56 distinct ethnic groups that used to hate and war with each other over the ages and CCP squashed that shit and said you are all fuckin' Chinese and you shall all be unified under this flag. We still talk shit about other ethnic Chinese - "this type of Chinese are fuckin' lying sack of shits, this group has hot girls usually, these clan are made up of bozos... and blah blah blah". Chinese people don't even like other types of Chinese people and yet they are one country now. That's impressive regardless of the sacrifices they were forced to make to get to where they are now. China was considered a weak country when I was growing up and learning about it in the 80s and 90s. Now they are a powerhouse...

Yes, they improved literacy at the cost of 10s of millions of lives, congrats.

My point is that 1) China did not need the CCP to become wealthy and literate. 2) Other Chinese countries like Taiwan and Hong Kong did it without the man-made famines and police states

You can stop with the communist sympathy, CCP did worse for china than they did good.

yeah okay. You talking as a Chinese person in china or a westerner living outside China??? lol.

They do business with corrupt nations but generally speaking they don't meddle with their internal politics. Same can't be said for the US.
giphy.gif

It's a lot easier to manage a country of 30 million people speaking the exact same language as opposed to a much larger country of 800+ million different ethnic Chinese people with 7 major groups of languages (hundred or more dialects) spread across a vast area. There are still 400 million Chinese in China that do not speak Mandarin as of 2015. If you know anything about China you would have realized that there are 56 distinct ethnic groups that used to hate and war with each other over the ages and CCP squashed that shit and said you are all fuckin' Chinese and you shall all be unified under this flag. We still talk shit about other ethnic Chinese - "this type of Chinese are fuckin' lying sack of shits, this group has hot girls usually, these clan are made up of bozos... and blah blah blah". Chinese people don't even like other types of Chinese people and yet they are one country now. That's impressive regardless of the sacrifices they were forced to make to get to where they are now. China was considered a weak country when I was growing up and learning about it in the 80s and 90s. Now they are a powerhouse...

China was a weak country because Mao almost destroys it with the cultural revolution and his great leap forward.

China also has far more natural resources than Korea.

yeah okay. You talking as a Chinese person in china or a westerner living outside China??? lol.
Me talking as someone who looks at evidence and makes my decisions accordingly? Hong Kong and Taiwan are much richer per capita than China is and far more free.

Do you want to dispute that? You or Temujin? Could someone tell me how that is wrong?

China was a weak country because Mao almost destroys it with the cultural revolution and his great leap forward.

Well, you have to instill discipline and foster a spirit of distrust and promote snitching before you can move forward.

You need to read more Chinese history then. The Republic of China was too weak to counter the PRC even though they had more people, a larger army, more and better weapons, and support from western nations. Massive corruption and decades of civil warring along with WW2 is what allowed the PRC to take over... China had been weak long before Mao took control.

Corruption has been part of the Chinese political system for thousands of years. The CCP was not corrupt. It was the influx of Chinese that joined the CCP post China civil war that corrupted the CCP. When you hold powerful position in office, corruption will find you. Wealthy elites will frequently flood your house with million dollars worth of gifts. And if you somehow miraculously resist the overwhelmingly temptation, they will just go after your family members and friends with same offers. Eventually you will succumb to greed no matter how patriotic or honest of a person you are.

Me talking as someone who looks at evidence and makes my decisions accordingly? Hong Kong and Taiwan are much richer per capita than China is and far more free.

Do you want to dispute that? You or Temujin? Could someone tell me how that is wrong?

That's your argument? lol.

Do you even know how Hong Kong came to be in possession of the British? Read up on the First and Second Opium War and tell me how the Western world (mainly UK) didn't fuck up China due to greed.

Learn some Chinese history and then you can talk about what's right and wrong with China and how it got there...

That's your argument? lol.

Do you even know how Hong Kong came to be in possession of the British? Read up on the First and Second Opium War and tell me how the Western world (mainly UK) didn't fuck up China due to greed.

Learn some Chinese history and then you can talk about what's right and wrong with China and how it got there...
CCP sympathizers: it’s worth it because through all the bad China is rich and an emerging power now
Me: other Chinese societies prospered without all the negativity of communism
CCP sympathizers: LOL YOU KNOW FUCK ALL ABOUT CHINESE HISTORY. LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT SOMETHING YOU KNOW
Me:....

China fucked themselves over first and foremost because of retarded top-down decisions isolating themselves from the world and stagnating.

Saying “lol you don’t know Chinese history” is not a rebuttal or argument.

Do you accept the fact that Chinese societies were able to prosper without a Communist party? So why was the CCP necessary when in reality they starved and kill a ton of Chinese when they could have been richer earlier and have personal freedom on top of that?

Back