The War Room is close to overtaking Mayberry as the second largest subforum

It’s an election year. So I’m sure there are a couple of reasons which won’t last for long:
1. People who don’t ordinarily talk about politics are talking about politics.
2. The standard influx of Russian trolls and white supremacists posing as MMA fans, trying to sway the election by convincing people who don’t normally pay attention to politics, but are right leaning, to go out and vote for their candidate (we all know who that is).

But I doubt that the war room will stay that populated after the election. Maybe right after, but not for long.

This is just a message board to kill some time in your free time, are we really that competitve we really care about some arbitrary number put next to it? It's like worrying about your post count, no one really cares how many posts you've made.

The standard influx of Russian trolls and white supremacists posing as MMA fans, trying to sway the election
pepe_silvia_meme_banner.jpg

It baffles me how invested people can be in politics, especially online. It has zero relevance in day to day life when you really think about it. Just a bunch of people online yapping back and forth about decisions they'll never get to make. I acknowledge my irrelevance and powerlessness which allows me to not give a single fuck about politics.

If you go by number of messages, the biggest sub is obviously the Heavies with over 24 million.

Mayberry is second with 5.9 million, and the war room is third with 5.8.

How do you feel about the War Room potentially overtaking Mayberry?

Is this a microcosm of society, where arguing over politics is more important than getting along, sharing a laugh, or discussing ideas?
Don t quote me on that but i feel like the mayberry didn t recover fully from the update. Traffic is still noticeably lower to me.

Welll... I feel like Mayberry would be bigger if funny threads didn't get moved. Apparently only a certain kind of funny is allowed here

But I digress..
and the jukebox, why does that sub exist? it can go right to mayberry

The may literally doesn't allow people to discuss anything of any import, because any important topic will offend someone in some way and the thread will get moved to WR or offtopic. So by default you can only talk about meaningless things like photos of your food, your noisy neighbour, etc. I feel like your head has got to be empty AF to find that genuinely interesting.

I'd much rather be in the 'Berry but the War Room has too many threads that just don't fly anywhere else. It's also humorous to observe people completely lose their shit in the right vs left debates.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back