The West No Longer Exists (Geopolitics)

11% of Hispanics do not recognize themselves as Hispanic.

Way more than that, identify as white.

By 4th generation, 50% of people with Hispanic origin, no longer recognize themselves as Hispanic. No matter if they look like Saul Alvarez, or not.

This just indicates to me that nearly all of Hispanics will be absorbed under "white" category, eventually.

You do realize that hispanics arent forced to marry other hispanics right?

Its quite likely giving the "out of group" marriage rates of hispanics that by the 4th generation they have already married outside.

Its quite likely giving the "out of group" marriage rates of hispanics that by the 4th generation they have already married outside.

Sure but I'm saying that these people don't even recognize any of their Latino/Hispanic heritage, according to surveys.

Sure but I'm saying that these people don't even recognize any of their Latino/Hispanic heritage, according to surveys.

I dont go around calling myself Basque just because i have them as ancestors.

I only know Euzkadi and never met a living relative from the region.

They have a real taste for 'white people', Asians too.

On another note, how in the hell did this thread get so sidetracked and off topic from the original discussion? It probably "belongs" in my other one if anything, but even then not really.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/genetics-changing-understanding-of-race.3737403/page-14

PST_2017.05.15.intermarriage-00-04.png

PST_2017.05.15.intermarriage-00-03.png

We don't need inbreds either way

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This just indicates to me that nearly all of Hispanics will be absorbed under "white" category, eventually.

It's not out of the realm of possibility, but I think would ultimately 'require' them to stop speaking fluent spanish which would seem unlikely at this juncture although there are some chicanos who don't.

Still, there's a "White Hispanic" category for those kinds of people. These people do not recognize themselves as hispanic or latino altogether.

No, there isnt

There's not a Hispanic race category in the US Census but instead an additional ethnicity question included that asks if the person of Hispanic, Latino, or Spanish origin. Identifying outside of that (i.e. German, Irish, French) has been optional but I believe will be required on the 2020 incarnation and I'm not sure how that's gonna work as a great number of European-Americans are all mixed up.

NPR: 2020 Census Will Ask White People More About Their Ethnicities

The race question is going to get complicated for many people who identify as white on the U.S. census.

Since 1960, when U.S. residents were first allowed to self-report their race on the census, just answering "White" has been enough to complete the race question. But the federal government is now preparing to essentially ask non-Hispanic white people where they and their ancestors are from as part of the Census Bureau's inquiry into their racial identity.

The Census Bureau has not responded to NPR's questions about why this change is being made to the "White" category for 2020. A similar write-in area will be added under the "Black and African American" category.

The bureau has conducted extensive research into how to collect more accurate data about race and ethnicity in 2020. The data play a critical role in drawing legislative districts, enforcing civil rights laws and analyzing health statistics.

Researchers at the bureau have recommended adding check boxes for the largest ethnic groups and a write-in area for smaller groups under the racial categories in a proposal that would radically overhaul the race and ethnicity questions on the census.

2015nct-Race-Ethnicity-Analysis-p96-normal.gif

DIG?

WaPo: As Tensions With Trump Deepen, Europe Wonders If America Is Lost For Good

BERLIN — Since Jan. 20, 2017, European leaders have managed U.S. relations with one eye on the clock, anxiously counting down the hours until President Trump’s term is up and hoping the core of the Western alliance isn’t too badly damaged in the meantime.

But as Trump’s aggressive rhetoric toward America’s closest allies has evolved into hostile action this spring, a new fear has swept European capitals.

Trump may not be an aberration that can be waited out, with his successor likely to push reset after four or eight years of fraught ties. Instead, the blend of unilateralism, nationalism and protectionism Trump embodies may be the new American normal.

“It is dawning on a number of European players that Trump may not be an outlier,” said Josef Janning, head of the Berlin office of the European Council on Foreign Relations. “More and more people are seeing it as a larger change in the United States.”

Even before Trump was elected, Europeans sensed that Washington’s traditional role as guarantor of the continent’s security and stability was slipping away, and that post-World War II ties were fading along with the generations that forged them.

But Trump’s seeming delight in smashing transatlantic bonds — and the lack of domestic constraints on his ability to do so — has signaled, Janning said, that the basis for Western strength and peace for 70-plus years “probably won’t come back.”

That carries serious implications for how Europe responds to Trump. Until now, key leaders have avoided open conflict with the U.S. president, trying instead to placate him or, at best, subtly persuade him. Above all, they have sought to preserve strong relationships at various levels within the U.S. government, if not with the man at the top of it, so there’s a foundation to build on after he is gone.

And close European observers of the United States are not optimistic about a reversion to the mean.

They study the increasing polarization of U.S. politics and see less enthusiasm for transatlantic ties at either end of the political spectrum. They have also been repeatedly disappointed as one supposed brake after another on Trump’s most extreme foreign policy impulses — Congress, the president’s own advisers and popular opinion — has fallen away. Trump, they note, is alienating America’s closest allies, and the American public doesn’t seem to mind.

(Full Article In Hyperlink)

Last edited:
Federalist: Rift Between US and EU Underscores Global Power Realignment

The bigger consideration, however, is the growing transatlantic rift between the United States and the EU. France and Germany wanted the United States to stay in the deal, as was evident from the repeated parlay attempts by French President Emmanuel Macron and Merkel, in vain. Now the biggest liberal German magazine has called for joining the “resistance” against Trump.

By every measurable index, that would be a mistake. Europe isn’t a solid entity, and the Eastern European states would rather be under the American nuclear umbrella than ruled by Brussels/Berlin imperium. The difference of interests between the United States and the EU has never been so stark and will only continue to grow.

The simple reason is structural. The EU started as a platform through which the United States can manage the conflicts of Europe, a continent infamous for inter-state rivalries flaring up. It was not a flaw, but the design of the arrangement, which benefitted both European powers that received generous American security subsidies, as well as the United States, which continued erstwhile British imperial grand strategy, ensuring there’s no single hegemon in the Western hemisphere. NATO was an instrument in maintaining that status quo.

The reason independent European military capabilities atrophied was that Europeans knew they could count on American taxpayers to provide security for Europe, the cost of which when tallied with the benefits seems exorbitantly harsh for Washington, D.C. The EU could afford a social security paradise, due to those American subsidies, and the EU started to take on the character of an empire, and commensurate with that started to chart a foreign policy independent of Washington’s approval.

And, just like any empire in history, the EU started to suffer from opposing centrifugal forces within, simply because the interests and ideologies of independent nation-states within Europe (especially the Christian, social-conservative East) continue to differ from the attempted continental liberal imperialism of Brussels.

Consider the evidence. The EU has repeatedly taxed and fined American companies like Apple and Google, while blaming the United States for a trade war. Brussels and Berlin continuously rail against American sanctions against Russia, while preening about human rights and Russian interference.

European states joined China’s AIIB and OBOR, despite American misgivings. The EU consistently refused to pay its minimum due share to NATO. Bob Gates, Chuck Hagel, Ash Carter and Tillerson all failed in persuading Western Europe, particularly Germany, to take on a greater security burden in the region. The result was PESCO, which attempts to duplicate the NATO bureaucracy, without any substantial addition to the NATO budget and hardware, thereby infuriating the Pentagon.

In sum: The EU followed what we call in international relations a narrow realist strategy of Buckpassing, while continuing moralist utopian rhetoric.

Ahem.

“How is it possible to work this way if once you have agreed to something, two hours later the guy decides he doesn’t agree with what he agreed with?” said François Heisbourg, a former French presidential national security adviser. “Is there any space for a multilateral order under these circumstances?”

For Le Monde, a leading French daily newspaper, Trump’s approach seemed a deliberate attack on the postwar consensus. “Donald Trump is the same age as the world order put in place by the United States at the end of the Second World War, but one would swear he decided that the latter will not survive him,” the newspaper wrote.

Der Spiegel, the German weekly, called Trump’s performance in Quebec “a scandal without precedent” and said that Merkel and other U.S. allies must be prepared for anything — especially on trade, a topic dear to German hearts.

Britain’s Prime Minister Theresa May preferred tact to confrontation, even after Trump allies allegedly told the Telegraph newspaper that the U.S. president had grown weary of May’s “schoolmistress tone.”

Peter Altmaier, the German economy minister and one of Merkel’s closest allies, tweeted Sunday that “The West doesn’t break so easily. We are all The West, if we live and defend its values,” he wrote. “Especially, when it’s difficult.”

“By portraying him as the naughty boy in the room, he will stick even more to his behavior and it will get worse,” said Röttgen, who is a member of Merkel’s center-right Christian Democratic Union. “We have to ignore his behavior and concentrate on what is left of the substance of the transatlantic relationship.”

the further i travel to the west i always seem to end up in the east. i will get there eventually

Trumps timing couldn't have been better to pull off what he wants to do.

Last edited:
Back