Theft is so bad in San Francisco that Groceries are now Locked Up

He's being very specific about San Francisco in his post.

Certainly a California native realizes San Francisco doesn't represent the entire state...

It's OK to say San Francisco is fucked as someone from California. I live in the Bay Area and have no problem admitting this.

It's not fucked though, it's a beautiful city. There are more billionaires there than just about any city in the world. There are something like 30 Michelin star restaurants in SF and there are exactly zero in the entire state of Texas.

It's not fucked though, it's a beautiful city. There are more billionaires there than just about any city in the world. There are something like 30 Michelin star restaurants in SF and there are exactly zero in the entire state of Texas.
I don't understand how that is a flex. You're just highlighting a massive gap in wealth in the city. You are either a billionaire or you are living on the street. It's a beautiful region, the city itself isn't what I'd call beautiful. I go into the city at least once a month, you aren't going to convince me otherwise. The streets are filled with homelessness and trash, and you can't park on the street without risking your window being smashed. The situation has absolutely gotten worse.

I don't understand how that is a flex. You're just highlighting a massive gap in wealth in the city. You are either a billionaire or you are living on the street. It's a beautiful region, the city itself isn't what I'd call beautiful. I go into the city at least once a month, you aren't going to convince me otherwise. The streets are filled with homelessness and trash, and you can't park on the street without risking your window being smashed. The situation has absolutely gotten worse.
Is there a big city in America without problems? SF is an awesome city but it is definitely going through a transition with changing behavior patterns since covid. They will figure it out.

It's much better off than NYC in the 80's. Plenty of areas in SF are thriving.

Is there a big city in America without problems? SF is an awesome city but it is definitely going through a transition with changing behavior patterns since covid. They will figure it out.

It's much better off than NYC in the 80's. Plenty of areas in SF are thriving.
NYC in the 80’s was awesome.
Me and my friends would take a bus in on weekends, and tour the city. Hookers, drug dealers, peep shows, grungy establishments, it was out of a dream.

Back