Theft is so bad in San Francisco that Groceries are now Locked Up

The first step in dealing with a problem is admitting you have one.

The state of San Fran now compared to how it was when I lived there is night and day. It's trended in the wrong direction for the past 20 years and it's directly due to failed democratic policies based on bullshit and virtue.

So that some ignorant asshat can stand at a podium and feel good saying hollow words.

I just don't think it is as bad as you state. I grew up in the Bay Area and worked down town SF for 15 years. I have been going into the city since the 1970's, my father and grandfather commuted into the city too. Used to be you drove out to the end of the Berkeley peer and caught the ferry. Then there was the trains, the key system. Bottom floor of the bay bridge was just for trains and trucks.

Cities go through cycles, in the 1980's NYC was in chaos and they figured in out. SF is no where close to the NYC of the 80's IMHO.

You are only angry because you know it’s true. Americans bent the knee and capitulated to the criminals. They made their bed, now they get to lie in it.

I hope Biden wins again, they still haven’t learned their lesson.
<mma3>

I just don't think it is as bad as you state. I grew up in the Bay Area and worked down town SF for 15 years. I have been going into the city since the 1970's, my father and grandfather commuted into the city too. Used to be you drove out to the end of the Berkeley peer and caught the ferry. Then there was the trains, the key system. Bottom floor of the bay bridge was just for trains and trucks.

Cities go through cycles, in the 1980's NYC was in chaos and they figured in out. SF is no where close to the NYC of the 80's IMHO.

Well that's either being sheltered from having to deal with the growing areas taken over by the homeless or denial they exist. The rise in theft or drug use...

Objective reality both visually, statistically and otherwise is detailing a very clear degradation of the state and it's reputation.

No... It's as bad as they say it is

Large cities with highest property crime rates (per 100,000 residents)
Larceny-Theft
1 San Francisco, California4646
2 Memphis, Tennessee4454
3 Portland, Oregon3841

Medium cities with highest property crime rates (per 100,000 residents)
Larceny-Theft
1 Oakland, California4049
2 St. Louis, Missouri3898
3 Minneapolis, Minnesota3201

P
It is too much typing to explain the meaning and how it relates to what you said, you'll have to interpret that yourself; I don't see that it is a hard concept. However, let's look deeper into this idea that we can blame Democratice big city mayors for crime. Let's get a few sources and a narrative to look at that in examining rural areas and small towns (sources first):

The narrative that violent crime is an issue exclusively pertaining to large cities is misleading. Reports indicate that rural America has also seen a significant increase in violent crime rates, including a notable 25% spike in homicide rates, which is not far behind the 30% increase observed in urban areas. This challenges the perception of rural areas as idyllic, crime-free zones and underscores the national nature of recent increases in violent crime, influenced more by the pandemic's widespread impact than by geographic or political factors.

Moreover, despite an increase in the national average levels of violent crime in rural areas, the unique needs of law enforcement in these communities often go underdiscussed. Rural law enforcement agencies, which tend to operate with minimal resources, face challenges in accessing the equipment and training necessary for effective crime reduction and public safety. However, these agencies often benefit from strong interpersonal ties within their communities, which can foster trust and collaboration between the police and the public. This relationship is crucial for implementing evidence-based policing practices tailored to the specific needs, crime trends, and resources of small, rural, and tribal agencies.

In summary, while crime rates are generally higher in urban areas, rural areas have also experienced increases in violent crimes, challenging stereotypes about rural safety. Both urban and rural areas face unique challenges in addressing crime, underscoring the importance of tailored approaches to law enforcement and community engagement across different types of communities.

Misleading. Completely. An increase of one murder can drastically skew numbers in a rural area. It takes a hell of a lot more to increase in urban areas.

I worked a medium sized city for my entire career. We didn’t have a lot of murders, usually 2-3, but one year we had 5-6 and the media and community went apeshit talking about the doubling of murders in one year. it was a panic. It was all because of a gang beef in the urban area. My city has both rural and urban areas. Guess where the most violence and crime is? It’s not even a question. And the next year, we had zero murders.

In all the years I worked, I never had a murder outside of the urban area. Not in the suburbs and definitely not in the sticks. We had a triple murder home invasion over a drug debt that took place outside our jurisdiction. Two college professors(one of them my wife’s) and their junkie son. That one screwed up the stats for a long time, but everything else was gang and drug related with shootings at bars and in the streets or drive bys.

Again, an increase of 25% murders in a rural area may be two or three. Across the country, it might be 100. An increase in an urban area is going to be a lot higher and across the whole country, we are talking hundreds-thousands.

Sorry, about this below. I already lost my whole post once when an ad popped up, not fucking with it again.
It is too much typing to explain the meaning and how it relates to what you said, you'll have to interpret that yourself; I don't see that it is a hard concept. However, let's look deeper into this idea that we can blame Democratice big city mayors for crime. Let's get a few sources and a narrative to look at that in examining rural areas and small towns (sources first):

The narrative that violent crime is an issue exclusively pertaining to large cities is misleading. Reports indicate that rural America has also seen a significant increase in violent crime rates, including a notable 25% spike in homicide rates, which is not far behind the 30% increase observed in urban areas. This challenges the perception of rural areas as idyllic, crime-free zones and underscores the national nature of recent increases in violent crime, influenced more by the pandemic's widespread impact than by geographic or political factors.

Moreover, despite an increase in the national average levels of violent crime in rural areas, the unique needs of law enforcement in these communities often go underdiscussed. Rural law enforcement agencies, which tend to operate with minimal resources, face challenges in accessing the equipment and training necessary for effective crime reduction and public safety. However, these agencies often benefit from strong interpersonal ties within their communities, which can foster trust and collaboration between the police and the public. This relationship is crucial for implementing evidence-based policing practices tailored to the specific needs, crime trends, and resources of small, rural, and tribal agencies.

In summary, while crime rates are generally higher in urban areas, rural areas have also experienced increases in violent crimes, challenging stereotypes about rural safety. Both

P

Misleading. Completely. An increase of one murder can drastically skew numbers in a rural area. It takes a hell of a lot more to increase in urban areas.

I worked a medium sized city for my entire career. We didn’t have a lot of murders, usually 2-3, but one year we had 5-6 and the media and community went apeshit talking about the doubling of murders in one year. it was a panic. It was all because of a gang beef in the urban area. My city has both rural and urban areas. Guess where the most violence and crime is? It’s not even a question. And the next year, we had zero murders.

In all the years I worked, I never had a murder outside of the urban area. Not in the suburbs and definitely not in the sticks. We had a triple murder home invasion over a drug debt that took place outside our jurisdiction. Two college professors(one of them my wife’s) and their junkie son. That one screwed up the stats for a long time, but everything else was gang and drug related with shootings at bars and in the streets or drive bys.

Again, an increase of 25% murders in a rural area may be two or three. Across the country, it might be 100. An increase in an urban area is going to be a lot higher and across the whole country, we are talking hundreds-thousands.

Sorry, about this below. I already lost my whole post once when an ad popped up, not fucking with it again.
On the contrary, rural environments and small towns have all kinds of crime; you are looking at your own anecdote as being more meaningful than it is (places vary wildly). For example, a lot of meth cooks live in them to avoid the smell the cooking makes in a city (or avoid people smelling it), and that leads to a lot of shootouts and such.

I don't care who you want to blame. When police make arrests and criminals are let go, that creates a precedent. Since the BLM riots, and Covid the climate towards prosecution have changed. We have liberal DAs doing the damage more so than the mayors. We never had organized theft and looting like we do now and this is a result of the changes in laws and DAs. Cali is a perfect example as is NYC. Fill a bag and just walk out. No time for the crime. Illegal to detain suspects. Until laws toughen, it will continue. I guarantee if you make a solid law against organized shoplifting events, you will see less of them.

I was in nyc last Friday. I ripped off a small skin tag on my forearm and it bled for over 24 straight hours. Bled through bandaids, my sweatshirts, napkins. It would not stop. It was dripping as I walked. Went into a cvs to buy bandages, wraps, tape, etc. it was $40 for one little skin tag. I thought to myself that I could have just walked out and nothing would ever come of it, but I am not a piece of shit. If something would have come from that, it would fuck up my life. The shitheads that do it daily, they don’t even bother with them anymore.

On the contrary, rural environments and small towns have all kinds of crime; you are looking at your own anecdote as being more meaningful than it is (places vary wildly). For example, a lot of meth cooks live in them to avoid the smell the cooking makes in a city (or avoid people smelling it), and that leads to a lot of shootouts and such.

Again, even one methhead shootout can mean a lot for the crime rates and numbers. Don’t try to act like it is the same as the cities where there are daily shootings, murders, and the constant sound of gunfire.

Again, even one methhead shootout can mean a lot for the crime rates and numbers. Don’t try to act like it is the same as the cities where there are daily shootings, murders, and the constant sound of gunfire.
Do you understand the concept of a crime rate? They aren't talking about the total number of crimes.

Do you understand the concept of a crime rate? They aren't talking about the total number of crimes.

Do you understand them? Having a low population/density with one shooting or murder jacks up the stats. I am a retired cop with a masters in criminology. I understand crime rates and especially, crime in general

Do you understand them? Having a low population/density with one shooting or murder jacks up the stats. I am a retired cop with a masters in criminology. I understand crime rates and especially, crime in general
Yes, it takes less people to raise a rate in a place where there are less people. Not exactly a doctoral thesis. If that is happening a lot over a large area, that means crime got worse in rural areas.

I was in nyc last Friday. I ripped off a small skin tag on my forearm and it bled for over 24 straight hours. Bled through bandaids, my sweatshirts, napkins. It would not stop. It was dripping as I walked. Went into a cvs to buy bandages, wraps, tape, etc. it was $40 for one little skin tag. I thought to myself that I could have just walked out and nothing would ever come of it, but I am not a piece of shit. If something would have come from that, it would fuck up my life. The shitheads that do it daily, they don’t even bother with them anymore.
I see it almost every day in the areas I am in. Either someone in a Supermarket, Walgreens, CVS, Marshalls....same MO. Fill a bag a walk the fuck out. Walmart they just dont ring it up and put it at the bottom of the bag. Then the brain dead security looks at receipt and puts a check on it. I feel like a shit head spending 2-300 when the lady behind me is bragging she lined the bottom of her bag with steak and seafood. But I am not a piece of shit so i do the right thing. We all end up paying for these shitbags in the long run.

You are only angry because you know it’s true. Americans bent the knee and capitulated to the criminals. They made their bed, now they get to lie in it.

I hope Biden wins again, they still haven’t learned their lesson.
lol!!

What part of not living in the US did you not comprehend? Youre a real smart one huh?

<WhatIsThis>

Yeah Im angry wallmart locked up items in some city
arrghhh!!!!

and shit if you think Biden, the executive office or any federal politician has to do with items getting locked up in Walmart.

King of crooks got 91 federal charges 20 sexual assault charges a couple rapes under his belt and doesnt pay taxes.

Crime pays!

Trump-Mugshot-fake.png

Last edited:
Well that's either being sheltered from having to deal with the growing areas taken over by the homeless or denial they exist. The rise in theft or drug use...

Objective reality both visually, statistically and otherwise is detailing a very clear degradation of the state and it's reputation.
The city is definitely changing but the economy there is still strong and there is tons of opportunity.

SF is no where near as bad as NYC in the 80's.

No... It's as bad as they say it is

Large cities with highest property crime rates (per 100,000 residents)
Larceny-Theft
1 San Francisco, California4646
2 Memphis, Tennessee4454
3 Portland, Oregon3841

Medium cities with highest property crime rates (per 100,000 residents)
Larceny-Theft
1 Oakland, California4049
2 St. Louis, Missouri3898
3 Minneapolis, Minnesota3201

So it's a great place to get your car broken into. At least the economy is strong, the weather is awesome, the scenery is beautiful, opportunities are plentiful and the state has the best higher education system in the world.

So it's a great place to get your car broken into. At least the economy is strong, the weather is awesome, the scenery is beautiful, opportunities are plentiful and the state has the best higher education system in the world.

Typical Koppe Post

Nordstrom closes flagship location as office vacancies and fears of crime rise in San Francisco. Here's the full list of stores pulling out of the city's downtown neighborhood​

• At least 17 retailers have left San Francisco's Union Square area since 2020.
  • The latest departures include Nordstrom, Office Depot, and Old Navy, reports say.
  • Retailers cite concerns over employee and customer safety related to shoplifting and other crimes.

Retail Stores that Closed in San Francisco:
  1. Saks off 5th
  2. Old Navy
  3. Anthropologie
  4. Amazon Go
  5. Whole Foods
  6. Office Depot
  7. Nordstrom
  8. H&M
  9. The RealReal
  10. CB2
  11. Banana Republic
  12. Athleta
  13. The Container Store
  14. Crate & Barrel
  15. Uniqlo
  16. Gap
Companies Moving Out of San Francisco:
  1. Meta
  2. Twitter
  3. Snap
  4. PayPal
  5. Airbnb
  6. Slack
  7. Salesforce
  8. Block
  9. Autodesk
  10. Chime

WHY THE LARGEST US HOTEL (OUTSIDE OF VEGAS) WAS ABANDONED IN SAN FRANCISCO​

Abandoning The Property, Relinquishing Ownership​

The owner of the largest hotel in the US outside of Las Vegas is abandoning the property. It has stopped paying its mortgage to Chase Bank, relinquishing ownership to its lender, Chase Bank.

“Park Hotels & Resorts has opted to cease payments on a $725 million loan, as the SF Business Times reports today, essentially surrendering over 2,900 hotel rooms and hospitality facilities to its lender. This includes the 1,921-room Hilton San Francisco Union Square, which is San Francisco’s largest hotel, occupying an entire city block, and one of the country’s largest hotels outside of Las Vegas.” – SFist
Chase will likely bring in a management company to operate the property until new ownership can be secured.

Why Did They Let It Go?​

Citing reasons that included abandoned office buildings, a lower return-to-office rate than peers, fewer conventions through 2027, and poor street conditions, Park Hotels’ management decided it would be better to take a loss than continue to operate the hotel.

Typical Koppe Post

Nordstrom closes flagship location as office vacancies and fears of crime rise in San Francisco. Here's the full list of stores pulling out of the city's downtown neighborhood​

• At least 17 retailers have left San Francisco's Union Square area since 2020.
  • The latest departures include Nordstrom, Office Depot, and Old Navy, reports say.
  • Retailers cite concerns over employee and customer safety related to shoplifting and other crimes.

Retail Stores that Closed in San Francisco:
  1. Saks off 5th
  2. Old Navy
  3. Anthropologie
  4. Amazon Go
  5. Whole Foods
  6. Office Depot
  7. Nordstrom
  8. H&M
  9. The RealReal
  10. CB2
  11. Banana Republic
  12. Athleta
  13. The Container Store
  14. Crate & Barrel
  15. Uniqlo
  16. Gap
Companies Moving Out of San Francisco:
  1. Meta
  2. Twitter
  3. Snap
  4. PayPal
  5. Airbnb
  6. Slack
  7. Salesforce
  8. Block
  9. Autodesk
  10. Chime

WHY THE LARGEST US HOTEL (OUTSIDE OF VEGAS) WAS ABANDONED IN SAN FRANCISCO​

Abandoning The Property, Relinquishing Ownership​

The owner of the largest hotel in the US outside of Las Vegas is abandoning the property. It has stopped paying its mortgage to Chase Bank, relinquishing ownership to its lender, Chase Bank.

Chase will likely bring in a management company to operate the property until new ownership can be secured.

Why Did They Let It Go?​

Citing reasons that included abandoned office buildings, a lower return-to-office rate than peers, fewer conventions through 2027, and poor street conditions, Park Hotels’ management decided it would be better to take a loss than continue to operate the hotel.

Haha, you are always grasping at straws trying to bring down Cali because you live in a shit hole state.

Can you name ten things that Texas has that is better than California?

I'll start with what's better about Cali:
Higher Education
Economy
Weather
Enviroment
Natural beauty/National Parks
Beaches
Entertainment
Restaurants
Food scene
Better place to raise a family

Haha, you are always grasping at straws trying to bring down Cali because you live in a shit hole state.

Can you name ten things that Texas has that is better than California?

I'll start with what's better about Cali:
Higher Education
Economy
Weather
Enviroment
Natural beauty/National Parks
Beaches
Entertainment
Restaurants
Food scene
Better place to raise a family
He's being very specific about San Francisco in his post.

Certainly a California native realizes San Francisco doesn't represent the entire state...

It's OK to say San Francisco is fucked as someone from California. I live in the Bay Area and have no problem admitting this.

Back in the early 90’s the whole westcoast was so amazing
Nowadays, not so much
My Fam moved out 25 years ago… My pops saw it coming early

Back