Things that are better than Steak

A good steak is hard to beat. Unfortunately, they are easy to mess up. Nothing better than a perfectly cooked medium steak and a good beer to wash down each bite with.

This is a silly thread. Steak tips are a God-tier food

I will allow for great Pizza, because it is also God-tier

but the rest of the list is silly

1) I never said meat is murder. Why did you ignore the part where I said that I don't agree with most vegan activism? I only used the example of myself being killed because if animals could communicate that they would clearly say the same thing. They already tell it to us by getting out of the way when we try to harm them. Believe it or not, I do value humans more than animals and no I don't equate it to murder. My whole point is that there is an alternative way to eating that isn't so destructive.

2) I'm not really sure if that is a source, linking a book written by a single author on amazon. Kinda sketchy, didn't even list a page where that number came from. Pretty dishonest and lazy.

3) You said oils leave a larger footprint. Again, list a source for that. If you're going to say stuff like this then where are the sources?

4) Factory farming exists because you eat meat and there are many people. Don't act like you are above it when you contribute to it

Where did I act like I was above it? Never once did I say I'm above it.

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...at-production-veganism-deforestation#comments

It's in the book but it's also brought up here, regarding carbon footprint and emissions.

Eating a burnt steak at outback isn’t spending some cash on steak. Sorry bro but you don’t really know what you are talking about.

I’m not saying outback is terrible. I like to go there for a cheap eat with the family, it’s just not the best steak in the world.

The best steak I ever had was at a local French restaurant. They would apparently cut it off the bone that day. My girlfriend and I would go there once in a while and dinner for the both of us with a bottle of wine would cost around $300. This is in an area that has a low cost of living as well.

The steak was good and I ordered it medium, but it is still an overrated food. This thread is hilarious though. I don't understand how people get so butt hurt over steak. :D

Just because something has a long life doesn't mean that the quality of that life is improved.
Correct.

But I am speaking of the instances where that quality of life is improved. less stress, idealist feed and reproduction situations.

They are kept away from natural predators so naturally they will love longer.
Yes. and not having to look over your shoulder each and every day for the looming predator equals far less stress in life.

It is been proven that many animals exhibit stress behavior when in captivity.
Indded.

Animals do far better when they are free.
Using absolutes rarely works and it does not work here.

Google some of the ranches such as in Australia where you may have sheep ranging almost the entire range of their territory (small city sized territories) and the predators kept out by fences and them protected by dogs. There is no reason to believe these sheep would be any happier if you just took the fence away and let them live under constant predator threat.

So no one denying that some situations do not work (salmon farming) but others can certainly work and provide a better quality of life.

But that wasn't my point, my point is that I believe animals dying is not necessary in modern society and that meat consumption is done only for satisfaction and nothing more.
What is necessary should have no impact on this discussion. Driving is NOT necessary. A person having kids is NOT necessary. Few things are NECESSARY.

it is DESIRED by the human and the desire for the ethically raised animal to have its chance at propagation and procreation. So if both in the equation want it, then it is a positive.

I wasn't baited into it. If someone asks me about my diet I will answer them. Hopefully in the future you will be more understanding of why vegans get frustrated. Contrary to popular believe we usually don't tell people about our diet. It comes up all the time because people are obsessed with discussing food
Lots of Vegans like to evangelize but you were not doing that in this thread until now.

I have vegan friends and have been to a lot of vegan restaurants and had some fantastic meals that have challenged my preconceptions so while I like to bust the balls of evangelizing vegans, I am sympathetic to their arguments.

And I don't have weird ethics. It is most meat eaters who have weird ethics. People claiming they love animals when they pay money to have them slaughtered. Most people love dogs but not animals. At least my actions align with my thoughts.
I love animals and recognize that the best (or only) chance of many of these feed animals to have at life is as feed animals and since they CAN have good lives i see no inconsistency in that.

The best steak I ever had was at a local French restaurant. They would apparently cut it off the bone that day. My girlfriend and I would go there once in a while and dinner for the both of us with a bottle of wine would cost around $300. This is in an area that has a low cost of living as well.

The steak was good and I ordered it medium, but it is still an overrated food. This thread is hilarious though. I don't understand how people get so butt hurt over steak. :D
A fresh cut off the bone steak is good but an aged steak is the best. You’re still eating peasant food.

tumblr_lhg7ge3EZt1qhtop5o1_500.gif

That skinny bitch needs more bacon.

1) There is no such thing as ethically killed animals, that is a name we made up to make ourselves feel better about what we do. You are either killed or kept alive, it is as simple as that. At least embrace your meat eating habits instead of lying to yourself. If someone said they were going to kill me I would be absolutely devastated knowing that I'm leaving behind my family. I wouldn't be thinking of how I was going to die, it is wrong simply for the fact that my life has been chosen to end prematurely. But again, this really only applies to people who eat meat for satisfaction rather than people in areas where survival depends upon hunting.
Wrong. Ethics are subjective, so killing can be ethical regardless of how the animal being ed feels about it.

3) Even if it were true that oils are a bigger issue than factory farming (which is bogus) it doesn't change the fact that your diet still requires more oil than mine does. Plenty of vegans don't even use oil and I use it seldom.
Factory farming is a disgusting industry.

4) How are vegans extremists? I cut a whopping 4 animals from my diet: chickens, cows pigs and fish. Wow such an extremist, right? Just because you don't like my lifestyle doesn't make me an extremist. I don't even agree with most forms of vegan activism. It usually just makes people double down with their meat eating
I'd consider any decision that cuts out sources of nutrients because of perceived wrongs as extreme. Especially when you are sacrificing your health.

Correct.

But I am speaking of the instances where that quality of life is improved. less stress, idealist feed and reproduction situations.

Yes. and not having to look over your shoulder each and every day for the looming predator equals far less stress in life.

Indded.

Using absolutes rarely works and it does not work here.

Google some of the ranches such as in Australia where you may have sheep ranging almost the entire range of their territory (small city sized territories) and the predators kept out by fences and them protected by dogs. There is no reason to believe these sheep would be any happier if you just took the fence away and let them live under constant predator threat.

So no one denying that some situations do not work (salmon farming) but others can certainly work and provide a better quality of life.

What is necessary should have no impact on this discussion. Driving is NOT necessary. A person having kids is NOT necessary. Few things are NECESSARY.

it is DESIRED by the human and the desire for the ethically raised animal to have its chance at propagation and procreation. So if both in the equation want it, then it is a positive.

Lots of Vegans like to evangelize but you were not doing that in this thread until now.

I have vegan friends and have been to a lot of vegan restaurants and had some fantastic meals that have challenged my preconceptions so while I like to bust the balls of evangelizing vegans, I am sympathetic to their arguments.

I love animals and recognize that the best (or only) chance of many of these feed animals to have at life is as feed animals and since they CAN have good lives i see no inconsistency in that.

I'll leave with this because I feel like this will just go on forever. I have a cat and my cat does eat meat, I'm not some crazy vegan that enforces my beliefs onto a carnivore.I believe that we don't (at the very least we don't need to eat meat everyday) need meat to survive and I don't like what we do to animals so I'm a vegan for this reason. I once was in the same boat as you were I tried to look up many ways to get meat ethically, eventually I just said fuck it and gave up since there never seemed to be a solution that satisfied me. It was a gradual process, I ate meat once a day and then later a few times a week and so forth.

I don't tell people what to do and I think you know that. The only time I ever bring up veganism on this board is when people cry about other cultures and their dietary choices because that is hypocritical and my biggest pet peeve are hypocrites. I know I'm living a life that is honest and that is something I'm very proud of. I live by two simple rules

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Most people apply this to human beings but I try as best as I can to apply it to all life. I don't even kill insects anymore unless I absolutely need to.

Never ask a man to do something you wouldn't be willing to do yourself. I'm a sensitive dude and I find animals like cows and pigs cute, I don't deserve their flesh because no way could I slit their throat. I've been to sanctuary farms and I loved playing with them. Cows are like big dogs.

Wrong. Ethics are subjective, so killing can be ethical regardless of how the animal being ed feels about it....

Beyond that you have to engage in silly anthropomorphism to make that argument.

No animal considers it death and eventual means of death and that has no impact on whether that animal is driven to want a chance at life or not. A sheep ranging naturally under the threat of predation and a grizzly death wants its life regardless even though it must live in a state of constant vigilance and stress.

The same sheep given free range in a 20,000 sq kilometer ranch protected by fences and dogs lives a rather idealistic life in an area the size of the country of Slovenia. No way that sheep does not enjoy its life more comparatively and it does not give a crap that its eventual end comes via man instead of by a wolf or big cat.

so the only reason to not raise and eventually farm that animal in those better conditions is some SILLY human concept that WE HUMANS somehow being the predator makes it wrong but it is fine when it is other animals.

Both the wild sheep and the free range sheep want their chance at life and some silly vegan should not prevent that based on silly anthropomorphism.

Beyond that you have to engage in silly anthropomorphism to make that argument.

No animal considers it death and eventual means of death and that has no impact on whether that animal is driven to want a chance at life or not. A sheep ranging naturally under the threat of predation and a grizzly death wants its life regardless even though it must live in a state of constant vigilance and stress.

The same sheep given free range in a 20,000 sq kilometer ranch protected by fences and dogs lives a rather idealistic life in an area the size of the country of Slovenia. No way that sheep does not enjoy its life more comparatively and it does not give a crap that its eventual end comes via man instead of by a wolf or big cat.

so the only reason to not raise and eventually farm that animal in those better conditions is some SILLY human concept that WE HUMANS somehow being the predator makes it wrong but it is fine when it is other animals.

Both the wild sheep and the free range sheep want their chance at life and some silly vegan should not prevent that based on silly anthropomorphism.
Everything you just wrote is 100% accurate. Thank you.

200w.gif

One of the most apropos Simpsons meme's ever as you truly cannot make friends with salad.

I mean i like a good hearty salad and lke others can appreciate when a nice salad is brought to an event but you are not making friends with it. lol.

I'll leave with this because I feel like this will just go on forever. I have a cat and my cat does eat meat, I'm not some crazy vegan that enforces my beliefs onto a carnivore.I believe that we don't (at the very least we don't need to eat meat everyday) need meat to survive and I don't like what we do to animals so I'm a vegan for this reason. I once was in the same boat as you were I tried to look up many ways to get meat ethically, eventually I just said fuck it and gave up since there never seemed to be a solution that satisfied me. It was a gradual process, I ate meat once a day and then later a few times a week and so forth.

I don't tell people what to do and I think you know that. The only time I ever bring up veganism on this board is when people cry about other cultures and their dietary choices because that is hypocritical and my biggest pet peeve are hypocrites. I know I'm living a life that is honest and that is something I'm very proud of. I live by two simple rules

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Most people apply this to human beings but I try as best as I can to apply it to all life. I don't even kill insects anymore unless I absolutely need to.

Never ask a man to do something you wouldn't be willing to do yourself. I'm a sensitive dude and I find animals like cows and pigs cute, I don't deserve their flesh because no way could I slit their throat. I've been to sanctuary farms and I loved playing with them. Cows are like big dogs.
I respect that.

And yes if you anthropomorphize the animals it will certainly weigh heavy on you.

I used to consider myself a meatatarian. Meals based around meat and i do still love it, but I have been moving more and more towards pescatarian recently with meat as only occasional treats when something really jumps out at me. I just find that as I get older (i just turned 50) meat is so much harder to digest and it slows me down far more, as I am super active guy and always pushing. When i was younger it was all just fuel and the slower burning meat was necessary as I could never get enough fuel.

So we will see where my journey takes me.

Wrong. Ethics are subjective, so killing can be ethical regardless of how the animal being ed feels about it.

Factory farming is a disgusting industry.

I'd consider any decision that cuts out sources of nutrients because of perceived wrongs as extreme. Especially when you are sacrificing your health.

Factory farming exists because people eat meat. It is as simple as that. When you have over 300,000,000 Americans who want big meat meals 3x a day there is no choice but to have factory farming. Supply and demand so unless you drop meat you will always be part of the problem.

I know you'll write off this example as being stupid but what if an alien race came to earth and had the same way of thinking that you do? Just because something is of lower intelligence doesn't mean that the life of that creature is worth less. So no I will never agree to killing being subjective because every living thing wants to live. Why is it wrong to show compassion? Especially living in 2018 when we can live a life that doesn't involve taking so many animal lives every year.

Factory farming exists because people eat meat. It is as simple as that. When you have over 300,000,000 Americans who want big meat meals 3x a day there is no choice but to have factory farming. Supply and demand so unless you drop meat you will always be part of the problem.

I know you'll write off this example as being stupid but what if an alien race came to earth and had the same way of thinking that you do? Just because something is of lower intelligence doesn't mean that the life of that creature is worth less. So no I will never agree to killing being subjective because every living thing wants to live. Why is it wrong to show compassion? Especially living in 2018 when we can live a life that doesn't involve taking so many animal lives every year.

Different types of farming besides factory farming are viable and can be done. Will Americans have to cut back on meat consumption? Most likely. But thinking the answer to factory farming is only not eating meat is false. The book I mention goes into detail about this issue. I mostly eat fish and white meats, red meat can be a bit too heavy at times.

And hunting for sustenance doesn't mean you consider the animals life worthless or shows a lack of compassion. Those two terms aren't even appropriate for this, you're humanizing things you shouldn't.

Factory farming is atrocious though, we can all agree on that.

Figures in today's low-T world that one of the manliest, most primal foods is considered "overrated"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back