Time to start carrying a gun

He still accomplished what he needed to, which was to stop the car jacking. But yeah, the situation would have been better if both of the attackers ended up DRT.

I hope you're a better shot than this cop.

Gun is not enough, get a shot gun.

The spread would take both of those POS out.

Large dog or dogs is useful also.
Spread on the shotty is highly overrated especially at close distances

I know how to use a gun. I’ve been shooting for over 20 years. And this was 3 hours ago. I’m getting ready to go to the front desk & have them review the security cams. I’m also requesting a room change

Get out of that shitty Hotel.

He shouldn’t do anything differently, but he’d have a gun Incase they tried to force their way in. OP needs to get himself a 9mm of some sort and go practice with it a bunch. But a bunch of lead downrange so you know how it all works.

He should just zhoot them thru the door if they tried to break in.

He should just zhoot them thru the door if they tried to break in.

Maybe but at least wait until they are trying to break the door down. Can’t just look through the peephole, see 2 guys then start ahooting holes through the door.

Spread on the shotty is highly overrated especially at close distances

Depends where you position yourself, he knew the pos were there. I can easily get 20 feet from the front door if some one is trying to bust in.

with a spread like this in pitch dark i'm still hitting anyone going threw my door.

Yeah, I remember in Munich the subway system doesn't even have turnstiles or security. I guess there's probably some dude that could potentially come and ask for proof of purchase.

But you compare that to New York, first off all, the subway in New York is fricken FILTHY. Like a pig-pen compared to Munich or the London tube. And there's a lot more dirty and crazy people there to molest you when you're just trying to have a peaceful ride.

Is France more civilised? There are turnstiles there, suppose that means they're on par with us American shit bags.

My point is I hate these comparisons to Germany, I lived there for four years, and traveled all over it. I was still happy to get back the the states. That's not saying I didn't like it, Germany is great but I'll live in America. I think comparing NYC to any German city is not at all equal, different cultures and histories.

Also was almost mugged in London near, Kings square? At the underground station. Later was told that area often has criminals going after tourist. Also remember stepping over homeless people in Brussels, then seeing that one of them had shit on the ground at the bottom of the staircase to the station. I guess while NYC may be worse, its really just a big city thing. Zurich however was one of the cleanest cities I have ever been to, I don't remember seeing a homeless person there or in Luxembourg. Worth noting that the population of those cities is no where near even the population of Manhattan, just a guess..

People who just want money don't commit armed robbery of an couple with a young child in the middle of the night.

Who said they were armed? Even if they were, the gun is more for shock value. Do you really think robbers want to go to jail for killing someone? I think TS forgot he had ordered room service...

More likely they open door, he fires and they run away. They weren't looking to get into a gun fight. You sound 12.

More likely that he opens the door and gets shot. You sound 10.

I think you're completely mistaken. It's intuitive, but no, he could have killed them both from a defensive position.

Watching too many Hollywood movies? They could have killed him from a defensive position.

Who said they were armed? Even if they were, the gun is more for shock value. Do you really think robbers want to go to jail for killing someone? I think TS forgot he had ordered room service...

Well it's right there in TS's post. He was sure they were armed.

And lets not pretend like you do shit like this unarmed and now I realize you're full out trolling.

I take my handgun everywhere. To church, to the store, family get-togethers. I even have it on my waist mowing the lawn.

I live in San Diego...we can’t do that sadly because well...California is a shithole

Lol maybe move your family to a safer area where meth isnt so prevalent..

There’s more of a risk of dying in a fatal car accident than some wannabe thugs running up on your family in public..

Yeah I’m sure he can easily afford to move
To a nicer place but prefers to live in a more poor neighborhood to troll his family.

Also, he said it was a hotel not his place

Liberal logic is astonishing

Well it's right there in TS's post. He was sure they were armed.

No it is not. Read post #1 again. You can put your hand in your jacket and say you are armed. Willing to take the chance to find out the truth?

They think they’re hidden from view but I can clearly see them. I think they were hoping we would open the door looking to see who it was & then they would barge in.

I just faced a scary situation & learned a lesson. Don’t ever get caught without a gun.

So me, my girlfriend & my daughter are in a hotel. At 2am we heard pounding on our door. I look though the peep hole & can see two guys in black hoodies with bandanas on their faces standing off to the side of the door. They think they’re hidden from view but I can clearly see them. I think they were hoping we would open the door looking to see who it was & then they would barge in. They were there for about 5 minutes. After awhile one of them put their ear up to the door to listen in & then the other covered up the peep hole. Finally they left.

During all of this my girlfriend went into the bathroom & called 911. About 20-30 minutes later two cops finally showed up. Had the guys forced their way into our room, they could’ve done whatever they intended & been long gone by the time the cops came. I felt completely helpless knowing I was up against two guys who I’m sure had guns. That’s not a good feeling when you’re in charge of protecting your girlfriend & daughter. It’s one thing when it’s just you, it’s completely different when your girlfriend & 10 month baby are in the room.

I’m no where near the anti gun type nor was I the type who felt the need to carry a gun for protection. That was until I faced this situation & realized carrying a gun is absolutely necessary. It only takes one time like this to learn that lesson.
No it is not. Read post #1 again.

Why don't you?

Gun is not enough, get a shot gun.

The spread would take both of those POS out.

Large dog or dogs is useful also.
The spread at 7 yards or so would be around 8-10”bwith an open choke and 18” barrel

This guy was basically talking bad breath dostances in the OP, the shot pattern would barely be bigger than a golfball.

The spread at 7 yards or so would be around 8-10”bwith an open choke and 18” barrel

This guy was basically talking bad breath dostances in the OP, the shot pattern would barely be bigger than a golfball.

Point still stands, and fuck going near the door if some shit is going down. Id rather point and shoot if anything comes threw it.

Back