Tired of miocic's lazy ass

He just fought on August 15th... it'll be seven months to the Franky fight. Let's look at some numbers, shall we?
  • Kamaru took nine months off between winning the belt off Tyron and fighting Colby, then seven more months to fight Masvidal.
  • RDA took seven months between winning the strap off Pettis and defending it against Cerrone. Another seven to lose it to Eddie.
  • Khabib took six months off between winning the vacant title against Al and fighting Conor. Then there was an 11-month gap between his final three fights.
  • Robert Whittaker took huge amounts of time off between fights during his reign. And yes, yes, I know -- there was the whole GSP debacle plus numerous lingering injuries. But apparently other shit going on in a champ's life doesn't matter (i.e. pandemic response for a first responder and an eye surgery) 'round these parts.
  • Israel is often hailed as a paragon of activity. So there were six months between him winning the interim and unifying it with the undisputed, but that was more waiting for Bobby Knuckles to recover than anything. So fair play there. After that, he took five months to defend against Yoel. A bit quicker than most champs on this list, I'll give him that (if only the fight had been worthwhile). Then he took six, almost seven months off to fight Costa. So a decidedly average turnaround time.
  • Tyron Woodley was actually pretty goddamn active despite the shit he often gets. His average time between defenses was ~3.8 months if I did my math right. I'm balls-deep in this post and I don't know why I haven't been doing averages this whole time, but I'm not going back and changing the others now.
  • Following his TKO win over Serra at UFC 83, GSP had an average title defense rate of ~7.4 months during his reign if you include his injury layoff after the Shields fight.
So I think we've got a decent sample size here. Let's look at Stipe's history of title defenses by comparison: he won the strap against Werdum and took only 4 months off before facing Reem (one of the quicker turnarounds of anyone on this list). His pace did slack off a bit after that, taking eight months to fight the JDS rematch and Francis. Six months after that to fight DC the first time. So his first (interrupted) reign had a decidedly average... uh, average title defense rate of 6.5 months. Yes, he took a year off because of the pandemic and the eye surgery, so if you want to factor that in along with the presumed upcoming bout with Francis, it comes out to... 7.5 months, if I'm doing my math right (only counting title defenses here). Really not all that bad in the context of fellow champions and what's been going on.

I'm fucked up on meds due to an infection right now and math isn't my strong suit at the best of times, so please let my know if I missed something. But from what I'm seeing, Stipe doesn't look like a particularly inactive champion, especially not in the modern era.

Last edited:
Yeah I got my double yellows for using a censored homophobic slur towards 2 terrorist sympathizers. Meanwhile you're getting triggered because I laughed at you saying Miocic is stalling when he's had 2 legitimate reasons for not fighting
Still crying?

That goes for all champs nowadays, maybe except Israel (seems to be somewhat active). They just sit on the belt. It's annoying as fuck.

Agreed. A big reason why my own fandom has waned over the past two years. It’s much harder to become invested in individuals when they compete so infrequently and then disappear for a year. The inactivity of elite level fighters is absolutely infuriating and retards their own prospects of becoming stars.

That's to simplistic. If he wants to be firefighter first, he should move on and leave MMA. As if being a firefighter grants you the right to choke a HW division of a bilion dollar company.
He's not "choking" the division. He's fighting in March, that's 6 months after his previous fight. Maybe it's not fast enough for you, but that's a reasonable time frame between fights, and acceptable to Dana. He shouldn't "move on and leave MMA" because a few angry entitled fans don't think he fights often enough. Think about how ridiculous that is for a second.

You do realize he was hurt for a long while right?

This was before my time and all, but during some of my research I found that GSP was out in the middle of his reign for 18 fucking months with an injury. I don't blame the man at all, mind you -- it was a serious injury that needed time to heal up properly -- but I wonder if fans were raving about stripping him at the time like they were with Stipe when he was inactive for a much lesser time dealing with not only an injury, but also a crucial public service job during a raging pandemic.

Last edited:
SleepyViciousCoelacanth-size_restricted.gif

I am proud of him (fellow Ohioan), but it shouldn't have been this long.

The problem is the UFC choose not to have real guidelines in place. They purposefully don't, so they can pick and choose how they deal with situations based on the money outlook. Some get to stall, others get stripped or forced to vacate, and no one can point to any CONSISTENT guidelines determining it.

This was before my time and all, but during some of my research I found that GSP was out in the middle of his reign for 18 fucking months with an injury. I don't blame the man at all, mind you -- it was a serious injury that needed to heal up properly -- but I wonder if fans were raving about stripping him at the time like they were with Stipe when he was inactive for a much lesser time dealing with not only an injury, but also a crucial public service job during a raging pandemic.

Stipe had eye surgeries. It isn't like he could fight either. The UFC did issue an interim when Georges was hurt by the way.

Lazy is the wrong word. Guy is the HW champ of the world, and still keeps his dayjob as a firefighter. If he wants to take time off to save lives and raise his family, you can't criticize the guy for it. Well you can I guess, but you come off as a major dick.
He streams COD a lot too

Stipe had eye surgeries. It isn't like he could fight either. The UFC did issue an interim when Georges was hurt by the way.

I know, and I wasn't trying to trivialize Stipe's injuries. I'm saying that no one seems to recall that Georges was out for way longer with an injury and I'm curious if fans were so up in arms about it then as they were with Stipe's absence, with all the calls to strip him and shit.

TS you do know that Stipe had a damaged retina after DC2 and only could return end of May2020 back to training?

now he went for 5 hard rounds in August and is ready to fight in March, maybe we use different maths but this are only 8 months, which is a very normal amount of month between 5 round championship fights.

Champs should have to defend belts twice a year. Fighting every 6 months doesn’t seem too unrealistic to me for a professional fighter.
If he fights in March it will be like 6 months since his last fight though lol. Miocic haters are funny.

I mean he could...but theres nothing that says waiting till march is wrong either..its around the 6 month mark since his last fight..personally i think january he should fight..

But theres not much for him.out there...Ngannou is all and he already beat him badly and ngannou hasnt really shown its gunna go differently this time around...stipe is likely waiting to develop more contenders while he works firefighting or has info we dont know like maybe march is when Jones will be ready for HW
ngannou has won 4 straight by ko with an average fight time of 40 seconds. acting as if there's no public interest in that fight is ridiculous.

ngannou has won 4 straight by ko with an average fight time of 40 seconds. acting as if there's no public interest in that fight is ridiculous.

Stipe vs Jones or stipe va nagannu

Which one you think gets more attention

Nagannou is the same fighter stipe already beat

Stipe vs Jones or stipe va nagannu

Which one you think gets more attention

Nagannou is the same fighter stipe already beat
you were trying to imply that because stipe already beat ngannou that there's no interest in seeing them fight again. and that is obviously far from the truth.

saying he's the same fighter as he was almost 3 years ago when he's still relatively new to the game is silly. just because he finishes everyone in a minute doesn't mean he's just stagnant.

I know, and I wasn't trying to trivialize Stipe's injuries. I'm saying that no one seems to recall that Georges was out for way longer with an injury and I'm curious if fans were so up in arms about it then as they were with Stipe's absence, with all the calls to strip him and shit.

I can't recall, truthfully. Georges has a crazy following here to this day, to the point that if you post anything unflattering about him, regardless of how true it is or isn't, people pop up and start attacking other fighters. It's kind of hilarious.

Anything less than 2 fights a year (barring injury) is fucking bullshit.

We'll be lucky if he fights March 2nd, that's just a tad over 6 months since the DC trilogy.

I'd bet we dont see him fight again until May or June

I was mostly irritated cause he chose to clinch with DC in their third fight when he could've finished it.

Back