Tired of the lame "wrestling isn't real fighting excuse" in MMA. Escpecially from you Bisping

He knows GSP is the superior wrestler. Maybe he is trying to make this a standup fight by saying dumb shit like this.

But Bisping is training with is son, he seems really good in HS, GSP never even wrestled in HS

watch this interview with him. Doesn't sound so much like a joke the way he's explaining it. Talking about how wrestling isn't giving the fans their money's worth and whatnot.

Ah yes PPV king Michael Bisping offering advice to PPV newbie GSP how things work. Bisping draws all the fans and never sells less than 1.2 million PPVs.

Oh wait...

I'd rather have Bisping as a champ if other option would be something like Yoel juice Romero.

My hope is GSP Winning, quick fight against Woodley so he can have 2 belts at the same time like Conor, vacating the MW belt and they put a Whittaker VS Rockhold fight for that belt in a year from now.

So it would be more than 2 years before there's a legit MW champ.

My hope is GSP Winning, quick fight against Woodley so he can have 2 belts at the same time like Conor, vacating the MW belt and they put a Whittaker VS Rockhold fight for that belt in a year from now.

So it would be more than 2 years before there's a legit MW champ.

GSP wants 3 belts. He can take the MW, drop to 155 or 170 at any time. He wants to prove that he could have taken 2 any time and that he is better than McNugget, which we all know he is any way, there was never a real debate amongst real fans.

If you don't appreciate grappling, stalling and the boring aspects of a fight then you are a moron and not a real fan.

Of course we all want entertaining fights but you are delusional and spoiled if you think you deserve nothing but excitement at all times. Fighters need too save their cardio and win fights how they can against dangerous opponents because losses effect their health, pay, popularity and legacy. Some fighters might be boring but if they are winning then they are going to be used and going to be given championship opportunities and deservedly so.

timthumb.php

[
If you don't appreciate grappling, stalling and the boring aspects of a fight then you are a moron and not a real fan.

Of course we all want entertaining fights but you are delusional and spoiled if you think you deserve nothing but excitement at all times. Fighters need too save their cardio and win fights how they can against dangerous opponents because losses effect their health, pay, popularity and legacy. Some fighters might be boring but if they are winning then they are going to be used and going to be given championship opportunities and deservedly so.

I understand that for the championship fights when the 2 are a at the top of the division.

But it drives me insane to see middle of the pack guys not going for it when the first 2 rounds were very close or when they are mostly losing the fight. I know that they can't go all out for 5 minutes but they need to take risk and open themselves for a nice 1 or 2 minutes fury. It's a risk to gas or get yourself open for a counter or a takedown but it worth it.

In professional MMA, the unique aspects of wrestling are more of a setup to optimally deal damage (while avoiding damage), rather than damage in and of itself.

In the real world though, that shit can really hurt if you are on some unforgiving terrain. Plus there aren't round stoppages and ref standups.

The only people that bash wrestlers, are guys who can't handle them. It is a major fundamental in MMA.

There is some truth to it. I have nothing against an MMA fighter wrestling, if they are taking you down, doing good damage thats all good.

But when certain fighters literally take you down just to stall and make it the full 25 minutes with minal damage that is hiding from a fight. GOAT mma wrestlers are guys like jones who take you down and look to do real damage. GSP is a staller.

[

I understand that for the championship fights when the 2 are a at the top of the division.

But it drives me insane to see middle of the pack guys not going for it when the first 2 rounds were very close or when they are mostly losing the fight. I know that they can't go all out for 5 minutes but they need to take risk and open themselves for a nice 1 or 2 minutes fury. It's a risk to gas or get yourself open for a counter or a takedown but it worth it.

It's not always worth it though.

I'd rather see a natural organic fight where they fight how they want to then these guys over extending themselves just because fans are spoiled and booing.

Bisping was taking Wanderlei down in their fight and was doing nothing.

in this case though, Bisping is just talking ramdom shit to sell the fight

both fighters are following their usual scripts. GSP is classy and professional. Says something about really wanting to finish the guy this time. Bisping talks smack and plays the bad guy.

keep in mind that Matt Serra was actually saying things like "go drink some more red wine Frenchie" before their rematch (to which GSP replied "now he has taken it too far. now he has insulted not just me but my people. for that he will have to pay")

my point - every single thing that Bisping is saying is merely to get people talking about the fight

Yea it's called mixed martial arts but wrestling is not a martial art. It never has been and nobody claims it to be. It has always been a sport. Only wrestlers in MMA call it a martial arts.

I don't think Bisping really feels that way about MMA.

I truly think he's just trying to mess with GSP, he thinks he can make him emotional and get him to change his style if he bitches enough about it.
Which he won't.

But I'm sure Bisping and his team have decided they gotta try to get GSP to loose his cool.

I'd rather see a natural organic fight where they fight how they want to then these guys over extending themselves just because fans are spoiled and booing.

I see it more like trying an Hail mary or pull the goalie at the end of the game. You have to be aware and go all out at some times.

I don't want them to go full retard everytime someone's booing, just to push the pace when your not winning.

GSP did it in the last round against Hendricks and it gave him the fight

Wrestling is the best base for combat there is.

<PlusJuan>
The Arm Barbarian speaks the truth. A top level wrestler can keep a BJJ guy on his feet and dump an elite striker on his ass.

Still rooting for the Count in this one though.

There are plenty of MMA fighters who can stave off stalling ground fighters. They've learned the skills necessary to.

It's not some magic art. And wrestler top control isn't some magical skill that trumps everything. If anything, an inactive wrestler on top give the person on bottom plenty of time to work to their feet.

I’m glad you enjoy that, but this is entertainment for a lot of people and i couldn’t give a fuck less about some bums on the undercard trying to out point someone. There’s not enough time in the day for watching boring shit like that, i respect it but it doesn’t mean I have to like it or even watch it.

It's an old school street "agreement". Has nothing to do with common sense. Bisping refers to himself as a true fighter and sees Georges as a martial artist. Tougher than him.

Back