Tom Cruise goes ballistic on MI:7 set, rips crew a new one.

Not a Cruise fan, but totally agree with him on this.

Tbh Americans are what at 300,000 cases a day because people get lax on basic things like masks and hand sanitizer lol??

He's trying to protect a $150 - $200 million project from being shut down over some stupid selfish shit like that.. Don't see how he's the bad guy here, just a person with a brain and not acting like a child.

Looking on the wikipedia page, the project is already 10 week behind, including prior shutdowns due to crew members having COVID. Holy shit at breaking COVID protocol after that on the set, i'd be furious too lol. who seriously thought posting this on the internet would make them look like the good guy here?

Exactly right. Those not following protocol are acting like selfish children so Cruise had to treat them like children.

Tom is the hardest working man in Hollywood. He is respected by everyone in the industry. He is SUPER professional. When he speaks, you better fucking listen.

If he yells, it is because YOU are wrong.

Long live the King.

In my house there is "dad voice." It is when shit gets serious and you need to check yourself. Tom was dropping dad voice all over those soft pussies. Good for him.

Last edited:
I usually push back on people in charge who have outbursts like this, and Cruise certainly comes off like an overreacting asshole at first. But not only does he have the pressure of being the star of the movie, he's the executive producer and is involved in every facet of the movie's financing and development all the way to post production and release. Probably a ton of pressure and he just doesn't want it to shut down. I get it, but he should apologize to those guys as well for yelling at them like that.

Reactions: Zer
Despite being a bit of a weirdo, 99% of people I've listened to have said that Tom Cruise is an absolute joy to work with.

At least he didn't make it about himself and was bitching because people could lose their jobs for them fucking up.
Yeah for the most part it was a good speech. I might have said those same words but I have found that if you develop a reputation for backing up your threats, you never have to yell.

Just say, "if you do it again, you're gone" and be calm about it. In a way, that's more scary because it's like you do this all the time. So firing your ass is not a big deal to me, I'll do it in a heartbeat and not lose any sleep if you break the rules again.

The only other part where he screwed up was he kind of did make it about himself when he said, "that's what I go to sleep with every night" insinuating that he's got the world on his shoulders and nobody else does.

Not the worst thing, but I would've left that part out

Tom strikes me as the kind of guy who knows people that can make you disappear real quick. I wouldn't wanna piss him off.

Little dude is having a little dude meltdown.
He's been spotted numerous times on set without a mask, close to other people.
He's just bullying the little people because he can, he holds power over them and can fire them.
Just douche bag behavior IMHO.

Dude is just angry the pedo hollywood film industry is tanking and he's losing money.
Fuck him and fuck them. They deserve to disappear.

Well, apparently they have been breaking restrictions or something and risk getting the film shut down I guess? So Mr Cruise gave the team a bollocking.

One thing I gotta say, he is gonna go mental if he finds out one of them secretly video him and put it on the internet. tut tut

Nice

Yeah for the most part it was a good speech. I might have said those same words but I have found that if you develop a reputation for backing up your threats, you never have to yell.

Just say, "if you do it again, you're gone" and be calm about it. In a way, that's more scary because it's like you do this all the time. So firing your ass is not a big deal to me, I'll do it in a heartbeat and not lose any sleep if you break the rules again.

The only other part where he screwed up was he kind of did make it about himself when he said, "that's what I go to sleep with every night" insinuating that he's got the world on his shoulders and nobody else does.

Not the worst thing, but I would've left that part out

Yea I did catch that comment that your talking about. Could come across as arrogant but its not to bad. I agree about just calmly telling them. I always think that's the best approach. Who knows though he could have been having a bad day. Maybe they kept fucking up and instead of saying something the first time he let it build up into this exposition. Doesn't sound like it was the first fuckup for whoever he was talking to.

I usually push back on people in charge who have outbursts like this, and Cruise certainly comes off like an overreacting asshole at first. But not only does he have the pressure of being the star of the movie, he's the executive producer and is involved in every facet of the movie's financing and development all the way to post production and release. Probably a ton of pressure and he just doesn't want it to shut down. I get it, but he should apologize to those guys as well for yelling at them like that.

Why? What is wrong with getting yelled at? They deserved it.

Have you ever put hundreds of millions of dollars at risk because you refused to follow protocol?

I hope Tom Cruise doesn't get shit for this. I agree with everything he said. There are some morons who aren't following proper protocol and although you may disagree with the rules the consequence for not following them can make people lose their jobs.

Good for Tom. This dude gets so much hate for his personal beliefs but Ihe is one of the few guys in Hollywood who I respect for his hard work. I think he means well here.

i see your tom cruise, and raise you bobby knight haha!

Back