Tonight Show Host Jimmy Fallon Says Making Fun Of Trump Is 'Just Not What I Do'

Fallon is basically the odd man out, Kimmel used to be awesome but then he was able to become friends with A listers like Damon and Jennifer Aniston and he got in with the popular click at school basically and is now like them and endorses their politics too.

Fallon doesn't have many Hollywood pals and he doesn't attend their political functions or push their politics. when you dont follow the crowd you tend to get left out. Hollywood is like high school pretty much.

So Kimmel is just saying the stuff he says because he's trying to get ratings? He doesn't actually believe it? He just wants to be "cool". Really? This is what you guys believe? He wasn't liberal before?
Didn't his turn into politics on his show happen because his newborn son was born with a life threatening condition that would have been a death sentence had he not bern a rich, celebrity? Most of his political talk has been about health care. Something he obviously feels strongly about.
The politic talk didn't come out of nowhere. Trump's retarded responses to the Puerto Rico, Charlottesville, HC, and a range of other things are why he gets so much jokes and commentary.

Lol and are you friends with Fallon? He seems to do plenty fine with what he's doing. How the hell do you know how many Hollywood pals he has in comparison to Kimmel? Fallon is always able to get high level celebrities on his show to do all kinds of goofy shit like sing and have dance offs.

Not a fan of Fallon, but he does some funny games on his show. Check those out on youtube on occasion.

Why do you guys always bring in these stupid false equivalencies?
Trump is the POTUS. Weinstein is a Hollywood producer that most Americans barely know anything about. There is no comparison to be made.
OF COURSE the POTUS, especially one as vocal as Trump, is going to get a shit ton of media coverage and jokes done on him. How is this surprising?
If you say something crazy, if you lie, say something dumb or abrasive ....all things that Trump does on a regular basis..people are going to comment.
Who the fuck cares about Harvey Weinstein? He has no effect on the average American's life, which is why no one cares to joke about him.

That being said, Im fine with Jimmy doing what he does. Politics and serious talk isn't his thing, and it would be weird if he started doing it. He likely takes hits on the ratings for it though. Like it or not, people care about politics...because it isn't just "politics". Health care, gun control, war, these things effect our daily lives. If there's a chance a guy you like/listen to will have something to say about something you care about then it's not surprising when people tune in more to that guy

Im not even trump supporter, im a democrat until recently, but im pretty fair im similar to dave rubin, check his show out.

Its not a false equivalency, Weinstein is the most powerful guy in hollywood and openly democrat and large endorser and funder of Hilary Clinton and open Trump basher and NRA hater. Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere thats what Martin luther king jr said, you are downplaying Weinstein saying who cares because he is not a president or known.

If Weinstein were a republican the tune would change, he would be the direct hit of harsh criticism, not forced apologies by celebs who pretend like they had no clue when they really did forced apologizes to save face so they can make money and still have fans worship them aka virtue signaling.

When Bill Clinton was president, he did something super aweful, My folks still voted for him even when all the women he literally sexually harassed came forward before and during his election, he was the Hollywood celebs favorite they over looked his deeds similar to how they did with Weinstein.

The liberal comedians instead of doing a serious tearful monologue bashing Clinton, they would make light of his deeds, they just had a go for fun with the Lewinsky thing and still use him to endorse major democratic candidates. Celebs never left Clintons side during the Lewinsky thing even giving him a farewell with Kevin Spacey running around the white house.

Here is another example, James Corden was making light jokes mocking Weinstein, if this were Trump or some republican he would do a serious piece and huff post will write Trump or republican gets seriously destroyed by heartfelt speech by Corden at Amfar.

Rose McGowan, Asia Argento Slam AmfAR Emcee James Corden For Weinstein Jokes
http://deadline.com/2017/10/rose-mc...mes-corden-harvey-weinstein-jokes-1202188778/

Heck Arriana Huffington during the governor election didnt even really have a campaign she just was there to attack Arnold Schwarzenegger, she appeared at the Norwalk court house sneaking on the side just to slander him and then broke some reporters make stand with over 100 mics on them trying to sneak on the side, during the debates she just attacked arnold, she is a bitter woman and owns Huffington post which mostly bashes men, her husband left her for another man and he was a republican so she has a bias and spite that is why people like her are dangerous they fill minds of people through media.

The media is supposed to be unbiased, the reporters are not supposed to slander or show political bias, but its no longer the same.

If you tried to bash Obama or point out his flaws you were going to get labeled a racist, or uncle tom, if you pointed out Hilary Clintons evil ways and sociopath and hypocrisy you were called a woman hater and heartless. Its scary times we live in.

Trump used to be a favorite of the celebs, he even endorsed Eminem in a mock election thing on TV and had Snoop dogg at his roast, but when he turned to republican he became an enemy, my friends were the same way they loved Arnold then when he ran as a republican he was the devil that my friend is indoctrination at its finest, I never hated a republican or non democrat like they did and I know many who do to this day its weird and scary how politics is to me more scary its cultish almost.

Then bashes Trump because everyne else in hollywood is

Snoop said Trump was his homey
snoop-dogg-donald-trump-2011-billboard-1548.jpg

Then says Fuck Trump and wants to kill him

I cant take these people serious, most of them dont even research anything just follow the gang cult mentality republican bad, democrat good, its all brainwashing.

And no I am not a trump supporter I just don't like the hypocrisy of the left, I dont like trump or Clinton but I laugh when I see things like this and then they hate him, because celebs are pack and group mentality high school click types.

Republican automatically means bad, Im not one of those braindead liberals I like to think for myself and not hate people and like to listen to both sides.

Last edited:
Conan and Craig Ferguson were the only late night hosts I would try to stay up for. But, props to Fallon for being honest with himself.

Its not a false equivalency, Weinstein is the most powerful guy in hollywood and openly democrat and large endorser and funder of Hilary Clinton and open Trump basher and NRA hater. Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere thats what Martin luther king jr said, you are downplaying Weinstein saying who cares because he is not a president or known.

If Weinstein were a republican the tune would change, he would be the direct hit of harsh criticism, not forced apologies by celebs who pretend like they had no clue when they really did forced apologizes to save face so they can make money and still have fans worship them aka virtue signaling.

When Bill Clinton was president, he did something super aweful, My folks still voted for him even when all the women he literally sexually harassed came forward before and during his election, he was the Hollywood celebs favorite they over looked his deeds similar to how they did with Weinstein.

The liberal comedians instead of doing a serious tearful monologue bashing Clinton, they would make light of his deeds, they just had a go for fun with the Lewinsky thing and still use him to endorse major democratic candidates. Celebs never left Clintons side during the Lewinsky thing even giving him a farewell with Kevin Spacey running around the white house.

Here is another example, James Corden was making light jokes mocking Weinstein, if this were Trump or some republican he would do a serious piece and huff post will write Trump or republican gets seriously destroyed by heartfelt speech by Corden at Amfar.

Rose McGowan, Asia Argento Slam AmfAR Emcee James Corden For Weinstein Jokes
http://deadline.com/2017/10/rose-mc...mes-corden-harvey-weinstein-jokes-1202188778/

Heck Arriana Huffington during the governor election didnt even really have a campaign she just was there to attack Arnold Schwarzenegger, she appeared at the Norwalk court house sneaking on the side just to slander him and then broke some reporters make stand with over 100 mics on them trying to sneak on the side, during the debates she just attacked arnold, she is a bitter woman and owns Huffington post which mostly bashes men, her husband left her for another man and he was a republican so she has a bias and spite that is why people like her are dangerous they fill minds of people through media.

The media is supposed to be unbiased, the reporters are not supposed to slander or show political bias, but its no longer the same.

If you tried to bash Obama or point out his flaws you were going to get labeled a racist, or uncle tom, if you pointed out Hilary Clintons evil ways and sociopath and hypocrisy you were called a woman hater and heartless. Its scary times we live in.

Trump used to be a favorite of the celebs, he even endorsed Eminem in a mock election thing on TV and had Snoop dogg at his roast, but when he turned to republican he became an enemy, my friends were the same way they loved Arnold then when he ran as a republican he was the devil that my friend is indoctrination at its finest, I never hated a republican or non democrat like they did and I know many who do to this day its weird and scary how politics is to me more scary its cultish almost.

Then bashes Trump because everyne else in hollywood is

Snoop said Trump was his homey
snoop-dogg-donald-trump-2011-billboard-1548.jpg

Then says Fuck Trump and wants to kill him

I cant take these people serious, most of them dont even research anything just follow the gang cult mentality republican bad, democrat good, its all brainwashing.

And no I am not a trump supporter I just don't like the hypocrisy of the left, I dont like trump or Clinton but I laugh when I see things like this and then they hate him, because celebs are pack and group mentality high school click types.

Republican automatically means bad, Im not one of those braindead liberals I like to think for myself and not hate people and like to listen to both sides.

It IS a false equivalency. Nobody knows who the hell "the most powerful guy in Hollywood" is. He is not elected to any office of power. He has no control over what goes on in the average American's life. Comparing him and Trump is complete nonsense.
This whole, "Wull, why don't those hypocrite liberals call out one of their own?" is so stupid. Does anyone really support rape? Do we really think Hillary or Obama knew this guy was a dirt bag rapist? Do we really need people to go to Twitter and tell us that water is wet? No shit. Rape is bad. The guy got fired from his company. He won't work in Hollywood again. What else needs to happen here?
Who knew who this guy was before this? Nobody. It is a complete false equivalancy to compare the sexual misconduct of a then presidential candidate, and some Hollywood producer.
And a comedian told a rape joke about Weinstein? Is that something new that comedians do? They never tell jokes about the sexual misconduct of others? Cosby? Trump? Clinton?
And the difference with the Lewinsky thing was that that was consensual. The other allegations against Clinton were a he said/she said.

Lol. Ok. Trump did not "turn Republican". This is a fallacy that keeps getting spread, as if this is purely democrats and liberals hating on Republicans. First off, let's remember that the Republicans DID NOT WANT Trump in this election. He isn't some typical Republican.
And NO other Republican president would be getting the hate that Trump is receiving. Trump gets a lot of shit, because he says a lot of stupid, unpresidential shit that NO other president would ever say. So, no, it is not because Trump "turned Republican" as to why he's getting shit.
And why is it a surprise that people start to care about what your politics are once you get into a position of power? Who knew or cared about what Trump thought when he was just the sleazy, loudmouth goofball that was famous for saying "You're fired".
The guy was a democrat that donated to the Clintons, and then he went to "Obama is not an American citizen, Mexicans are rapists, build that wall, Muslims blah blah, and etc etc etc. No shit, guys like Snoop, and other "liberals" changed their tune on him. And just because you're cool with a guy at first, that doesn't mean you want that guy to be the president of your country.
This isn't a Trump exclusive thing. People turned on Cruise when he came out with his Scientology. People defriend Facebook friends when they find out they're against gay marriage, or are pro-choice.

There is a difference between an obvious liberal circlejerk blog like the Huffinton Post, and a legit news channel.
I don't disagree that people are very quick to accuse people of misogyny and racism, even when valid criticisms are being made..but you also have to look at where those accusations are coming from. The Huffington post is going to do that, and shouldn't be taken as a serious, unbiased news source. And on the other side, there WERE a lot of racist and dog whistle comments that went on when Obama was president. So this didn't come out of nowhere.

I actually liked Leno. The new breed is just a bunch of guys on their soapbox and it comes off edgy and not somthing i want to watch to have a few laughs at the end of the night. The only guy i can find tolerable is Oliver. Even though his show is political and i am a conservative the man is actually pretty funny. Fallon seems like a legit guy but he doesnt make me laugh very often. Kimmel is just a crybaby whiner nowadays and you couldnt pay me to watch him

I didn't even know Fallon dropped behind Colbert. I liked Colbert Report a lot but couldn't get into his late night show. I think Fallon is accurate about the situation though. It isn't his style and definitely is Colberts. In the short term, he isn't going to do as well but I think that changes when Trump becomes less of a topic.

I actually always appreciated this about Fallon. You could tell with his show and guests that he cared more about the country having a laugh together rather than taking a side. I don't need one of those hosts to try to tell me how I should think. Make me laugh.

Also, I believe Colbert wasn't doing too well off the bat but obviously as politics have become more and more front and center, he's becoming more popular.

They both do their craft well. Kimmel sucks though.

I didn't even know Fallon dropped behind Colbert. I liked Colbert Report a lot but couldn't get into his late night show. I think Fallon is accurate about the situation though. It isn't his style and definitely is Colberts. In the short term, he isn't going to do as well but I think that changes when Trump becomes less of a topic.

I actually always appreciated this about Fallon. You could tell with his show and guests that he cared more about the country having a laugh together rather than taking a side. I don't need one of those hosts to try to tell me how I should think. Make me laugh.

Also, I believe Colbert wasn't doing too well off the bat but obviously as politics have become more and more front and center, he's becoming more popular.

They both do their craft well. Kimmel sucks though.
Totally agree on Kimmel. Funnily enough though, I thought he was passable at the Oscars.

I actually liked Leno. The new breed is just a bunch of guys on their soapbox and it comes off edgy and not somthing i want to watch to have a few laughs at the end of the night. The only guy i can find tolerable is Oliver. Even though his show is political and i am a conservative the man is actually pretty funny. Fallon seems like a legit guy but he doesnt make me laugh very often. Kimmel is just a crybaby whiner nowadays and you couldnt pay me to watch him

I think a big part of those shows now is going viral with their clips/ skits and Fallon/ Kimmel have been masters of that. Colbert seems to be carving his own angle without doing that which is impressive. Mean tweets is amazing. The telephone booth, guess which story is true and false, children writing screenplays, etc are all good ones from Fallon

Totally agree on Kimmel. Funnily enough though, I thought he was passable at the Oscars.

I didn't see the Oscars. I know he's been on a lot of other stuff where he has been funnier to me but his show itself never could pull me in. I have some weird taste though since I always liked Conan and the Furgebson. Those later shows actually have an advantage imo cause they are so much more laid back in direction and feel more intimate in the audiences they have to get

I always found John Oliver to be the funniest of the group. Unless we're counting Steve Carrel. Carrel is legitimately the most talented guy in Hollywood. Incredibly nuanced actor and just hilarious.
I find him the least funny. His show is good because the fact it can address a topic at length and I like the stories he picks but the humor is more miss than hit for me.

Conan and Craig Ferguson were the only late night hosts I would try to stay up for. But, props to Fallon for being honest with himself.

I liked Ferguson its a shame he didn't get much attention, he was a good interviewer and host, Remember the old days with the late late show with Tom Snyder? Not sure if you are old enough thats a long ways back but he was the original host.

I also liked Craig Kilborn, but James Corden made the show his own, he made it a popular show that a lot of young people tune into, you gotta give Corden credit for turning that show around and bringing attention to it.

I don't generally watch late night TV and haven't for years because I have a real job. But what I've seen on the internet tells me that it's gotten infected with Daily Show aids. I know that late night comedians of the past always joked about whoever was President, but it seems that went by the wayside when Obama got elected. They couldn't bring themselves to make any joke about their messiah, and now their "jokes" are partisan nastiness thinly disguised.

JHC what a bunch of whiners. You should add some comedy in your lives you angry little people.

best appearance on jimmy fallon: used to be a pizza hut

I always found John Oliver to be the funniest of the group. Unless we're counting Steve Carrel. Carrel is legitimately the most talented guy in Hollywood. Incredibly nuanced actor and just hilarious.
yes, Carrel is amazing.

The dramatic downward trajectory is likely due to Fallon’s decision to refrain from having hard-hitting segments about President Donald Trump’s administration, while Colbert and Kimmel have had massive success doing just that

Yeah, or people realizing he's never been funny a day in his life and others with talk shows are more talented.

I don't watch any of them anymore. Not even because of the Trump bashing just because I've kind of moved on. It's kind of a tired format for me at this point.

Graham Norton has some funny moments but I don't actually watch the show. I just watch clips on YT.

But I love how CNN actual reports on what these guys say. You'll see some random headline like "Kimmel blasts Trump". Um, what? Why is the rant of a comedian relevant or newsworthy. Once in a while, OK, but I see it all the time.

I also liked the Daily Show.

Their cast was nuts at one point, like too good for cable.

Now it's too bad for SNL. They already gave the one guy who is sort of funny a spinoff/ripoff Report.. and it's such a blatant ripoff of Colbert's old show.

Back