Tony ferguson gonna break conor by cardio

In a sport where you ONLY punch. Tony gonna throw everything at him.

Not only that, but Floyd threw 28 punches TOTAL in the first 3 rounds. Of course Conor was able to go longer than usual, he barely had to defend anything for 1/4 fight lol. That will not be the case against Ferguson.

And when I say half the fight, I mean it as a figure of speech.

The difference is the movement and the pressure, Conor was attempting to land on Floyd moving around a lot and cutting angles. Farther into the fight Floyd started pressuring Conor using his defense to stifle him. Constant movement can drain you, even if it's not a slugfest.. Conor actually moved at a high pace for the first 20 minutes, a lot of wasted movement even because he had to try and work an unorthodox game, considering the inexperience. His cardio definitely improved.

As for mma, the movement on the feet is often more plodding and methodical, because it has to be.. with all the weapons at use.

In mma, Tony's entering Conor's realm in terms of the striking. Conor has vastly better technique with landing his hands especially. I'll give you Tony has a sneaky grappling game, but he's not a Mendes or Woodley level wrestler.

Conor improved his cardio, he went 30 min with Floyd in a different sport.

Either way Conor's gonna outclass Fergyboy.

This is a joke right? Watch the fight again, look at conor after the 3rd round, his mouth was wide open gasping for air.

Of the last 10 men each have fought, Conor struggled with maybe 2 of them.

Ferg struggled with 4 or 5 of his last 10.

Is Conor not as good as Castillo, Lando, etc?
Well how many times has ferguson lost in that time span?

This is a joke right? Watch the fight again, look at conor after the 3rd round, his mouth was wide open gasping for air.

Look at my post above yours, and he's controllably breathing, not gasping for air. There's a difference.

Look at my post above yours, and he's controllably breathing, not gasping for air. There's a difference.

controllably breathing?? with his mouth wide open? theres no doubt in my mind that he was done stamina wise after the third round. No scientific breakdown will change my strong opinion on this. not being a dk to u, i just have a really strong opinion that he was done.

controllably breathing?? with his mouth wide open? theres no doubt in my mind that he was done stamina wise after the third round. No scientific breakdown will change my strong opinion on this. not being a dk to u, i just have a really strong opinion that he was done.

Okay fair enough, I don't think you're being a dick. Some people breath through there mouth easier, I find when I'm hitting the bag and I forget to breathe It's easier to focus on creating a habit with my mouth open. But that's me. Conor was keeping a pretty heavy pace for the first bit, switching stances and bouncing around. That takes a lot of energy after awhile.

There no doubt in my mind Conor did as much as possible to improve his cardio, they've said there main goal was to get prepared for 12 rounds. I think it's unfair to judge how much it's improved in one boxing match. Mma is a different animal.

I love T-Ferg and if he played to a strict game plan he could absolutely win. But sadly, I believe he will try and stand and get caught with that chin sticking out...

Okay fair enough, I don't think you're being a dick. Some people breath through there mouth easier, I find when I'm hitting the bag and I forget to breathe It's easier to focus on creating a habit with my mouth open. But that's me. Conor was keeping a pretty heavy pace for the first bit, switching stances and bouncing around. That takes a lot of energy after awhile.

There no doubt in my mind Conor did as much as possible to improve his cardio, they've said there main goal was to get prepared for 12 rounds. I think it's unfair to judge how much it's improved in one boxing match. Mma is a different animal.

hitting a heavy bag and being in a boxing match are two totally different things, in boxing/mma its basically forbidden to have ur mouth open because you can be kod and break your jaw much easier than if u keep it shut. it takes yearssss to build your stamina up to a 12 round fight which is why u have 3 round 6 round 8 round 10 round and 12 round fights in boxing. i think it would take a couple more years for conor to build up to a 12 round fight but he would have to strictly be training boxing in order to do it.

i would have loved to see how he wouldve done vs floyd if stamina was never an issue. it was floyds gameplan the entire time to take him out in the later rounds. you can hear his corner say from the very beginning of the fight that he would be done in 4 rounds stamina wise and they were exactly right.

hitting a heavy bag and being in a boxing match are two totally different things, in boxing/mma its basically forbidden to have ur mouth open because you can be kod and break your jaw much easier than if u keep it shut. it takes yearssss to build your stamina up to a 12 round fight which is why u have 3 round 6 round 8 round 10 round and 12 round fights in boxing. i think it would take a couple more years for conor to build up to a 12 round fight but he would have to strictly be training boxing in order to do it.

i would have loved to see how he wouldve done vs floyd if stamina was never an issue. it was floyds gameplan the entire time to take him out in the later rounds. you can hear his corner say from the very beginning of the fight that he would be done in 4 rounds stamina wise and they were exactly right.

That's true, I just don't remember him gasping for air and leaving his mouth wide open until near the end or the fight. There were definitely points where he was trying to recover at the end of the rounds and his breath was heavy. He usually came back strong at the start of the each round though.

I have boxed a little bit, and the cardio requirements is more like dance with the quick footwork, and only having hands as weapons zaps energy quick when you're throwing combos. Constant head movement is also quite draining.

Mma can have really different cardio requirements, the standup is slower paced on average and the clinch and grappling wears on your stamina differently.

I think it was impressive the way Conor managed his first pro boxing match, especially against one of the best.

That's true, I just don't remember him gasping for air and leaving his mouth wide open until near the end or the fight. There were definitely points where he was trying to recover at the end of the rounds and his breath was heavy. He usually came back strong at the start of the each round though.

I have boxed a little bit, and the cardio requirements is more like dance with the quick footwork, and only having hands as weapons zaps energy quick when you're throwing combos. Constant head movement is also quite draining.

Mma can have really different cardio requirements, the standup is slower paced on average and the clinch and grappling wears on your stamina differently.

I think it was impressive the way Conor managed his first pro boxing match, especially against one of the best.

i think everyone with a level headed mind had to be somewhat impressed that conor was able to go 10 rounds with floyd.

i urge u to rewatch the first 5 rounds of the fight again, you will see that he is in trouble stamina wise after the 3rd round. i remember screaming he was tired to everyone i watched it with.

Let's just hope does okay when, not if, Conor snaps his head back with a straight left like everyone else has been able to do.

Lando isn't even known for having heavy hands and he wobbled Ferg all over the place.

RDA isn't heavy handed but folded Fergs head back repeatedly, ripped round kicks without a problem until the eye poke.

Castillo even cracked him anytime he attempted that OHR.

I know your hate for Conor will cloud your judgement but this isn't an easy fight for Ferg and with his awful defense and Conor's notorious ability to hurt guys, Ferg could get KOd and make it look easy for Conor.

But go ahead and speak in absolutes all you want.

That was a horrible response.

1st: Never said it was an easy fight for Tony Ferguson

2nd: Pretty sure even in the post you replied I said Tony may struggle against Conor

3rd: You forget Nate Diaz is not a power puncher, known for his power, or even owns many T/KO wins.

4th: All the guys you mentioned that hurt Tony has more KO wins on their record than Nate (who was able to hurt Conor repeatedly until Conor panic wrestled and got tapped)

Anywho, I actually give Conor 60-75% chance to win against Tony by way of T/KO. I know it's hard for you to understand that not everyone wants to drool over Conor, but try. Thaaanks.

tumblr_inline_mfzg9fso7H1qcn3a6.gif

GATiiFDOC1da8.gif

This to you is pressure fighting? Ferguson would have been running at Conor if he did this in a fight with him. Once Tony smells blood, it is over. He has zero quit and zero laziness in him. Nate let Conor off the hook way too many times in their 2nd fight by being lazy like in this gif.

That was a horrible response.

1st: Never said it was an easy fight for Tony Ferguson

2nd: Pretty sure even in the post you replied I said Tony may struggle against Conor

3rd: You forget Nate Diaz is not a power puncher, known for his power, or even owns many T/KO wins.

4th: All the guys you mentioned that hurt Tony has more KO wins on their record than Nate (who was able to hurt Conor repeatedly until Conor panic wrestled and got tapped)

Anywho, I actually give Conor 60-75% chance to win against Tony by way of T/KO. I know it's hard for you to understand that not everyone wants to drool over Conor, but try. Thaaanks.

You said Tony will struggle against Conor, but he WILL win. Which is why I told you to go ahead and speak in absolutes all you want.

Don't have to be hit hard to be hurt when your gasping for air.

I think it's a 50/50 fight and bash Conor nuthuggers on the regular. I don't agree with your opinion so I must drool over Conor? Lol good one.

First you say Tony will win, then that you give Conor a 60-75% chance to tko Tony?

I have Tony in this fight, dipshit. I' a realist not a Conor nuthugger because Tony loses rounds to everyone he fights?

I feel Khabib is a much dangerous fight for Conor due to Khabibs strength being Conors weakness

You said Tony will struggle against Conor, but he WILL win. Which is why I told you to go ahead and speak in absolutes all you want.

Don't have to be hit hard to be hurt when your gasping for air.

I think it's a 50/50 fight and bash Conor nuthuggers on the regular. I don't agree with your opinion so I must drool over Conor? Lol good one.

First you say Tony will win, then that you give Conor a 60-75% chance to tko Tony?

I have Tony in this fight, dipshit. I' a realist not a Conor nuthugger because Tony loses rounds to everyone he fights?

I haven't even said a word of my own opinion in how the fight will go, but sure. You keep assuming you know everything like some know-it-all.

If you recall correctly, you used their past few opponents as a way of "predicting" how a fight between them would go. In turn, I used the outcomes of the same fights you used and made a "prediction" based on using the same reasoning. I'm sorry if your own reasoning got you offended.

BTW, I don't like Conor but I'd say it's a 60/40 in his favor if they fought.

Just order your Khabib shirts now while they're still cheap
Tony will be asleep in the first

Of the last 10 men each have fought, Conor struggled with maybe 2 of them.

Ferg struggled with 4 or 5 of his last 10.

Is Conor not as good as Castillo, Lando, etc?
tony fought in thw shark tank of 155, conor beat a bunch of midgets

At first i thought Cucuy would steamroll Mcgoat, then I changed my mind and i thought it would be a 60/40 towards Mcgoat simply bc Tony is too wild and careless with his standup. As of today, if Mcgregor decides to take a year off and comeback to fight Ferg, he is getting chewed up simply because his cardio will be utter shit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back