Tony Ferguson's Left Arm

Tony’s TDD looked like shot this fight. He’s not the same fighter obviously

His TDD has always been garbage, it's his scrambling, subs, and elbows from the back that were so deadly. All things considered modern day Do Bronx is the best grappler he ever faced and he made the conscious choice to force the issue and drag the fight to the mat at every opportunity. I knew he was gonna get take downs in this fight, I'm just shocked at how far ahead Oliveira was in terms of the submission grappling this past Saturday night. Like, it wasn't even close.

The Armbar was checkmate. Charles really ended the fight right there. He was too sharp in there, always a step ahead and that control on the ground after a clean takedown was next level.

Tony was nullified from start to finish

Toby looked way worse. But Charles looked great as well

This outcome proves to me that Khabib would have destroyed Tony.

Is @2DUM2TAP still around? Because his name is adequate for this fight.

He was caught deep in a submission. The alternative to being injured, was tapping and losing.

There would be no rounds 2 and 3 regardless.

Dumb Thread
NO MF--SINCE TAPPING WASNT AN OPTION THE ONLY ALTERNATIVE WAS TO NOT GET CAUGHT--

NO MF--SINCE TAPPING WASNT AN OPTION THE ONLY ALTERNATIVE WAS TO NOT GET CAUGHT--
WHICH WAS AN OPTION--TONY WANTED TO PROVE HIS TOUGHNESS AND CEMENT HIS LEGACY AS THE TOUGHEST FIGHTER EVER--DONT FORGET ABOUT THE TRIANGLE HE GOT OUT OF--PUT ON BY THE BEST GUY RIGHT? OK THEN

Is that the same arm he broke in the MJ fight? It would suck if it was his healthy one.

The fight clearly showed Tony is weathered, he looked very slow out there. Aging is brutal in these 155 and below divisions, as soon as you lose a touch of speed you just can't compete as good, the Tony even from just a couple years back would have put up a way better fight than that.
Yep, we actually saw this earlier in the year with CCC vs the corpse of Dom Cruz.

Is it actually broken or are we as a sub still parroting Roganisms as gospel?

Oliveira was sharp on the feet and his takedown and ground was excellent. He would most likely have beaten Tony even if you take away the armbar.

Vick, Cowboy and Barboza were inferior to MJ, Alvarez and Porier.

Tony took a hellacious beating but was competitive the first 2 rounds. It wasn't until round 3 that it looked like Tony in over his head.
He beat MJ, and got into similar firefights with Poirer and Eddie. Those could have gone either way, he lost but inflicted near-winning damage himself.

He beat MJ, and got into similar firefights with Poirer and Eddie. Those could have gone either way, he lost but inflicted near-winning damage himself.
MJ had him in trouble and if there was 10 more seconds left in the 1st round would've put him out. He blasted Gaethje at the end of the 1st round and Gaethje was saved by the bell.

I'm not taking away from Gaethje. I'm saying Gaethje is the same fighter he always was. He came out balls to the wall against both Cowboy and Barboza. I think he was a little timid against Vick not because of "patience" but rather Vick's height and reach threw him off.

I will say he fought at a more controlled pace against Ferguson but imo that was out of fear of gassing against Tony fucking Ferguson during the championship rounds aka a death sentence.

I didn't understand the Khabib fight. Gaety fought scared. Almost like he was beat before he even stepped into the cage.

Not taking anything away from Charles but we all know Tony starts slow.

I think the fight was over when he broke his arm at end of the first...

But say if it wasn't for that mistake which caused him to fight rounds 2 and 3 with a broken arm, would he have won?

I think there's a good chance he would have.

Didn't he also lose to Michael Johnson due to a broken arm? But no one disagrees Tony would have beaten MJ in a rematch.
{<jordan}{<jordan}{<jordan}

Wow. This thread is absolutely ridiculous.

Tony looked like absolute shit even before that sub attempt. His striking was abysmal. That was almost a Weidman esque decline.

Lando rematch incoming!

TBF I think we need to see him fight again before we can say whether he's done or not, Charles shut him down so effectively

From what I saw, Tony was getting outstruck on the feet and outwrestled before the armbar so no, I don't think the outcome would have been any different. Just maybe a less dominant win by DoBronx.

Not taking anything away from Charles but we all know Tony starts slow.

I think the fight was over when he broke his arm at end of the first...

But say if it wasn't for that mistake which caused him to fight rounds 2 and 3 with a broken arm, would he have won?

I think there's a good chance he would have.

Didn't he also lose to Michael Johnson due to a broken arm? But no one disagrees Tony would have beaten MJ in a rematch.

Even with a good arm he wasn't stopping those takedowns. I don't see how he wins.

Lando rematch incoming!

TBF I think we need to see him fight again before we can say whether he's done or not, Charles shut him down so effectively
He will say that hes not done im sure. But Id only want to see him fight someone ranked outside the top 10. At least for now. Maybe at best give him Iaquinta. Tony should take some time off though and think of his options moving forward. No need to rush back in there after that performance.

This outcome proves to me that Khabib would have destroyed Tony.

Is @2DUM2TAP still around? Because his name is adequate for this fight.
My name was due to Big Timmeh not tapping to Mir originally. The just bleed gods have anointed others over the years to carry the torch.

Back