Treasury fund paid for Rep. Farenthold’s $84,000 sexual harassment settlement

hi again Rational Poster,

to his wife, maybe.

neither you or i are his wife, and i'm not related to his wife - and neither are you, i reckon.

why do we care about this story? we're simpatico, you and i, so i'm not trying to nettle you - don't take it that way.

- IGIT

Nope, when you're someone's boss you're not supposed to try to fuck them. It's an inappropriate relationship for the workplace, especially in Congress.

Him being married just makes it even worse.

hi Logical (last post for now, i gotta go to the doctor - i think i have the flu),

this was a married man, with children.

yes? i don't care.

and her superior.

people sleep together at work all the time. are you saying that only people who stand eye to eye in the company hierarchy are allowed to fornicate with one another?

DO you not see antying wrong with this?

i don't know enough about this representative, his wife, or his marriage to really say. do you?

is he a good legislator? does he represent his constituents faithfully? has he jerked off on her or asked for her to watch him shower or anything along those lines?

or do you fu*k around on your wife too?

i am guilty of the sin of fooling around with another girl while i was dating someone. i did it. its happened. i am not a hero for doing so, but the outrage here borders on puritanical.

you may disagree, but you would be wrong, as usual.

we agree to disagree then, my friend.

- IGIT

Obviously he shouldn't have done that and making taxpayers pay for it was the wrong thing to do.

hi Logical (last post for now, i gotta go to the doctor - i think i have the flu),

yes? i don't care.

people sleep together at work all the time. are you saying that only people who stand eye to eye in the company hierarchy are allowed to fornicate with one another?

i don't know enough about this representative, his wife, or his marriage to really say. do you?

is he a good legislator? does he represent his constituents faithfully? has he jerked off on her or asked for her to watch him shower or anything along those lines?

i am guilty of the sin of fooling around with another girl while i was dating someone. i did it. its happened. i am not a hero for doing so, but the outrage here borders on puritanical.

we agree to disagree then, my friend.

- IGIT

LOL....

ladies and gentlemen...this is a real response.

I think I have a prejudice against politicians who wear bow ties. When I see a guy wearing a bow tie, he is going to have to work twice as hard to earn my respect.

I think I have a prejudice against politicians who wear bow ties. When I see a guy wearing a bow tie, he is going to have to work twice as hard to earn my respect.
Yes, but what if it does this......

giphy.gif

Possible game changer.

Oh yeah, and I forgot this...
HTTPS84LnNtYXNoLmNvbS91LzIwMTUvMTAvT2JhbWEtYm93LXRpZS5naWYlog.gif

Like expensive golf trips? Or efforts to get people like this elected in an desperate attempt to pass partisan tax "reform"?

Canadian principles must be "only when applicable"....

Last time I checked, Roy Moore didn't use taxpayer money to settle any lawsuits, and maintains his innocence. I know, I know, none of that matters. Guilty until proven innocent.

As far as vacations go, yeah, I don't like politicians spending taxpayer money on any of that shit, but you can't single out any one of them. They all do it. You can't selectively call out Trump, unless you're prepared to call out every single president before him. Are you prepared to do that? Doubt it. I have a pretty good feeling none of your prior six or seven previously banned accounts ever called out Obama on vacation spending.

So the moral of the story is we should stop suing them because it will only cost taxpayer's money and no consequences to the rapist.

He needs to be sued to pay that money back.

farenthold doesn't have to pay for sex or pay hush money...look at him, he oozes machismo.

Last time I checked, Roy Moore didn't use taxpayer money to settle any lawsuits, and maintains his innocence. I know, I know, none of that matters. Guilty until proven innocent.

So you believe Moore is innocent and any efforts to get him elected were a good use of money? So you're stupid, got it....

Answer me this Heretic: Do you believe Bill Clinton ever had sexual relationships with girls under 18? Go on, answer it.

As far as vacations go, yeah, I don't like politicians spending taxpayer money on any of that shit, but you can't single out any one of them

....do you really wanna play that game, or would you like to admit you're completely full of shit and a hypocrite before I throw the numbers in your face? One president is leading the way BIG TIME with his frequency of personal waste.

They all do it. You can't selectively call out Trump, unless you're prepared to call out every single president before him. Are you prepared to do that? Doubt it. I have a pretty good feeling none of your prior six or seven previously banned accounts ever called out Obama on vacation spending.

I'm sorry, I thought your issue was with taxpayer money being wasted. And yet when Trump is criticized for his waste, you're response is "well they all do it and, and.... obama!" That sounds like you have no issue with his waste. Sounds like you're DEFENDING his waste.

You're a partisan dipshit who's only interest in politics is of a TMZ nature, in a country that isn't even your own. You're as insightful and your opinion is worth less than the average fart.

But please, don't ever stop posting. With rip gone we need a new village idiot and you're so good at it. :)

That alone should be an ethics violation warranting immediate ejection. If you have pure shit character, you shouldn't be making decisions for millions of Americans.

That alone should be an ethics violation warranting immediate ejection. If you have pure shit character, you shouldn't be making decisions for millions of Americans.

Joke's on you, this happened two years ago and no one gave a fuck.

they should have to pay for their defense IMO

especially when you consider the vast majority of politicians come from Law backgrounds. Surely they have friends that will work for them?

hiya again Rational Poster,

Nope, when you're someone's boss you're not supposed to try to fuck them. It's an inappropriate relationship for the workplace, especially in Congress.

i'm indifferent to relationships in the workplace, as long as they are consensual. you'd be surprised how many people meet someone they hook up with at work - and you'd be surprised how rarely both parties occupy similar spots on the corporate totem pole.

its not illegal, though there are corporate environments where it's heavily discouraged.

Him being married just makes it even worse.

worse for whom?

not you or i, that's for sure.

his wife? yes. how is this any of our business?

this guy is a GOP House member....from Texas. i am not favorably inclined towards him, but ya know...

The Office of Congressional Ethics also investigated Greene's allegations.

In a letter to the House Ethics Committee the watchdog said "there is not substantial reason to believe that Representative Farenthold sexually harassed or discriminated against [ex-staffer Lauren Greene], or engaged in an effort to intimidate, take reprisal against, or discriminate against [Greene] for opposing such treatment, in violation of House rules and federal law."
https://www.politico.com/story/2017/12/01/blake-farenthold-taxpayer-funds-sexual-harassment-274458

Mr. Farenthold is guilty, really, of being overweight and unattractive; ergo - not being within his rights to make a pass at a girl.

because he's fat and ugly.

- IGIT

hiya again Rational Poster,

i'm indifferent to relationships in the workplace, as long as they are consensual. you'd be surprised how many people meet someone they hook up with at work - and you'd be surprised how rarely both parties occupy similar spots on the corporate totem pole.

its not illegal, though there are corporate environments where it's heavily discouraged.

worse for whom?

not you or i, that's for sure.

his wife? yes. how is this any of our business?

this guy is a GOP House member....from Texas. i am not favorably inclined towards him, but ya know...

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/12/01/blake-farenthold-taxpayer-funds-sexual-harassment-274458

Mr. Farenthold is guilty, really, of being overweight and unattractive and not being within his rights to make a pass at a girl.

because he's fat and ugly.

- IGIT

Whether you're indifferent or not, it doesn't change the practical reality of the rules of the workplace as set my the majority of most corporate HR in the country, as well as the ethics rules that apply to Congress.

At my job consensual relations between superiors and subordinates is termination for both individuals. It's a conflict of interest, an abuse of power, and does not promote cohesion between workers.

Whether you're indifferent or not, it doesn't change the practical reality of the rules of the workplace as set my the majority of most corporate HR in the country, as well as the ethics rules that apply to Congress.

hello once more Rational Poster,

The Office of Congressional Ethics also investigated Greene's allegations.

In a letter to the House Ethics Committee the watchdog said "there is not substantial reason to believe that Representative Farenthold sexually harassed or discriminated against [ex-staffer Lauren Greene], or engaged in an effort to intimidate, take reprisal against, or discriminate against [Greene] for opposing such treatment, in violation of House rules and federal law."

- IGIT

Back