Treasury fund paid for Rep. Farenthold’s $84,000 sexual harassment settlement

heya there RT,

Well it's more reasonable than your theory that the government "accidentally" cut her a check.

well, we'll never know since Ms. Greene took the money. all we know for sure is the House Committee on Ethics dismissed Ms. Greene's claims.

I want my accidental $80K too.

lol, i'm with you there!

- IGIT

PS - by "erroneously", i'm not saying that Obama Treasury Secretary Jack Lew slipped while writing his daily correspondence and ended up cutting Ms. Greene a check whilst breaking his fall. i'm saying that someone, somewhere, in the Obama administration made an errant decision to cut this check.

hello HomerThompson,

if that's the case, then maybe its time to take a closer look at Jack Lew, who headed the Treasury under President Obama.

the 84k that was greenlit for Ms. Greene came out of his department.

- IGIT
Sounds fine to me. If they paid the money out, and covered it up, they can clean out their desks too. I'd like all of them to have to answer to a citizen's panel for their crimes. Not in an official capacity, but I'd like to see a citizen's committee that sits in on hearings like the Senate and House committees, and acts as a more direct type of Democratic watchdog.

I want corruption gone on the ash heap. But, I don't want witch hunts either. I think this guy(Farenthold) abused his position, and deserved to pay a price. His moral, and ethical failings are compounded by paying the woman off for her silence, with taxpayer money.

I'd love a thorough investigation of all of congress's payouts from that fund over the years.

It's a lovely day for a game, let's play ball!

tumblr_mrjp55V7aC1rvn2ylo2_500.gif

heya there RT,

well, we'll never know since Ms. Greene took the money. all we know for sure is the House Committee on Ethics dismissed Ms. Greene's claims.

lol, i'm with you there!

- IGIT

Maybe the Republican head of the ethics committee cut a deal with a Republican communications director for a Republican Congressmen?

Maybe the Republican head of the ethics committee cut a deal with a Republican communications director for a Republican Congressmen?

hi again RT,

alright, i'm game.

maybe Ms. Greene saw that her case was tenuous, at best, and in the face of mounting odds, began to salivate at the prospect of a payout.

so, when the offer was made, she took the money.

and, if she really was so offended by the Mr. Farenhold's advances....fuck her *. for 84k you're going to allow this monster to inflict his horribleness on every other woman who works for him for the rest of his life?

just so you can have 84k?

- IGIT

* - i apologize for my lapse into profanity

hiho Malvo,

i'd rather he didn't pay the money back, since it seems likely that Ms. Greene was awarded the money erroneously.

Ms. Greene, however, ought to consider returning the money.

- IGIT
No shit? I'm busted. I didnt read the the article in the OP. I usually do.
I'll look into it you polite son of a bitch you.

Back