Treasury fund paid for Rep. Farenthold’s $84,000 sexual harassment settlement

people weren't actually willingly Fraternizing w/ this clown were they?

good lawd

people weren't actually willingly Fraternizing w/ this clown were they?

good lawd

heya there HunderSdVa29,

good to see you!

the world is full of oddly matched couples. you or i may not approve, but these things happen.

1305216553-dennis-kucinich-wife.jpg

- IGIT

That alone should be an ethics violation warranting immediate ejection. If you have pure shit character, you shouldn't be making decisions for millions of Americans.

hi and nice to meet you GSP_37,

the Committee on Ethics (which is currently led by former US Attorney, Susan Brooks - and was a ranking member during this incident) has already looked into this, and they exonerated Representative Farenthold.

folks on both the right and the left should think about this;

for the right -

if the Committee on Ethics nails Senator Franken to a cross, are you going to dismiss their findings? i'm asking, because you all are doing so here.

for the left -

if the Committee on Ethics exonerates Senator Al Franken, are you going to dismiss their findings? i'm asking, because you all are doing so here.

- IGIT

Last edited:

heya Rational,

what was it about my response that you didn't like?

read the Politico article, my friend. there's no "there" there. Lauren Greene is currently hustling around somewhere here in my town, looking for a job in communications - i hope she puts that 84k to good use.

considering the Committee on Ethics discarded her claims, she's kind of fortunate to have gotten away with a chunk of taxpayer money.

- IGIT

So a woman gets 84k if a dude makes it known he is down to fuck?

huh

She shouldn't get anything if she simply said no and they all moved along.

Joke's on you, this happened two years ago and no one gave a fuck.
It came to light recently and fatso went on TV declaring he's going to pay it back to Paul Ryan and tell him to give it back to the US taxpayers.

heya Rational,

what was it about my response that you didn't like?

read the Politico article, my friend. there's no "there" there. Lauren Greene is currently hustling around somewhere here in my town, looking for a job in communications - i hope she puts that 84k to good use.

considering the Committee on Ethics discarded her claims, she's kind of fortunate to have gotten away with a chunk of taxpayer money.

- IGIT

So they discarded her claims and gave her $84,000 because?

So they discarded her claims and gave her $84,000 because?

hello Rational Poster,

because they acted in error, apparently.

this isn't a Weinstien story...and its not a Kevin Spacey story...and its not a story of Roger Ailes.

her claims were taken seriously, and investigated by the House Ethics Committee. her claims were dismissed.

- IGIT

hello Rational Poster,

because they acted in error, apparently.

this isn't a Weinstien story...and its not a Kevin Spacey story...and its not a story of Roger Ailes.

her claims were taken seriously, and investigated by the House Ethics Committee. her claims were dismissed.

- IGIT

Or maybe it was just part of a deal, and part of the deal was that the ethics committee wouldn't pursue charges?

Or maybe it was just part of a deal, and part of the deal was that the ethics committee wouldn't pursue charges?

hello Rational Poster!

well, that's an interesting take on it.

if that's the case, though, Ms. Greene didn't do anyone any favors (except grab the money and go). all she did was let Representative Farenhold off the hook so he could continue his marauding ways for 84k.

if things played out as you're hypothesizing, her attitude was kinda like, "i got mine, the rest of the women have to just take care of themselves".

- IGIT

100% agreed.

hello HomerThompson,

if that's the case, then maybe its time to take a closer look at Jack Lew, who headed the Treasury under President Obama.

the 84k that was greenlit for Ms. Greene came out of his department.

- IGIT

Taxpayer dollars?
Give that asshole the boot and make him pay that money back.

hello Rational Poster!

well, that's an interesting take on it.

if that's the case, though, Ms. Greene didn't do anyone any favors (except grab the money and go). all she did was let Representative Farenhold off the hook so he could continue his marauding ways for 84k.

if things played out as you're hypothesizing, her attitude was kinda like, "i got mine, the rest of the women have to just take care of themselves".

- IGIT

Well it's more reasonable than your theory that the government "accidentally" cut her a check.

I want my accidental $80K too.

Taxpayer dollars?
Give that asshole the boot and make him pay that money back.

hiho Malvo,

i'd rather he didn't pay the money back, since it seems likely that Ms. Greene was awarded the money erroneously.

Ms. Greene, however, ought to consider returning the money.

- IGIT

Back