Trump Approval Rating Reaches Highest Ever; Equal to Obama's At Same Point in Presidency (Gallup)

Doesn't this say a lot about how bad of a President Trump is? His supporters are celebrating a fucking 45% approval rating (which is his high over a year and a half period) while president during a strong economy. 45% is still really bad considering the economy, folks (and no major wars). And I'd bet his strongly disapprove ratings are as high as they've ever been (meaning if you're not a Trumpster you still strongly disapprove).

I'm also curious how bad of a hit he'll take in 2-3 weeks after pollsters get data after this border child/adult separation disaster. What's the line here? Over/under 40%?

Doesn't this say a lot about how bad of a President Trump is?
No, but it does say that he's not a popular president.

is supporters are celebrating a fucking 45% approval rating (which is his high over a year and a half period) while president during a strong economy.

Yes, it's pretty sad.

I'm also curious how bad of a hit he'll take in 2-3 weeks after pollsters get data after this border child/adult separation disaster. What's the line here? Over/under 40%?

Give me 38% and I'll take the over. AV or sig?

No, but it does say that he's not a popular president.

Yes, it's pretty sad.

Give me 38% and I'll take the over. AV or sig?
I have to pass, I think I'd also bet he'll over 38%. I think most of his base isn't too bothered by the child separation thing.

CNN and other outlets say you have to be ashamed to have cited for him.. I thought the media had its finger on the pulse?

Trump is a lock for 2020. Liberals on suicide watch.
They better schedule another scream at the sky support rally then.
tenor.gif

His last month or so has been his strongest time in office. Mainly because his meeting with Kim went respectably and was relatively productive. He also hasn't said anything too outlandish in a while. That's about all it takes for approval ratings to increase a bit. His wounds are always self-inflicted.
It is good to see you finally coming around.

Ok, I'll give you 39%. Sig or AV?

I think he knows it's not going to be all that devastating. Motherfucker ran on being tough on illegal immigration. Him actually being tough on illegal immigration isn't going to move the needle much. Maybe goes down to 42%, if it goes down at all. I personally think it's just some fly by night emotional outrage story, that people are already starting to forget about, if they cared at all to begin with, considering the situation at the border has always been less than perfect.

I think he knows it's not going to be all that devastating. Motherfucker ran on being tough on illegal immigration. Him actually being tough on illegal immigration isn't going to move the needle much. Maybe goes down to 42%, if it goes down at all. I personally think it's just some fly by night emotional outrage story, that people are already starting to forget about, if they cared at all to begin with, considering the situation at the border has always been less than perfect.
I think it will have a noticeable impact.

"The children! The children!" is among the most effective and time-tested tools of propagandists.

democrats should start screaming double racist
see if that works

Ok, I'll give you 39%. Sig or AV?

Nor should they be. He has no good options, and Congress + ADD voters are to blame.
Boy, I think 40% is the line and at that point it would be a coin flip. I'll let someone else take that bet with you.

And yes, they should absolutely take issue with child/parent separations. It is a feature, not a bug, of his zero tolerance policy put in place in April and it's unnecessarily cruel. He defended it before flipping positions on it and his administration was arguing multiple conflicting positions, most of which were lies.

One position was that it wasn't happening (obvious lie), another that this was a previous administration policy (obvious lie), that it was the fault of Democrats and that Congress needed pass a bill that stopped this (obvious lie) then turds like Miller argue that it's a deterrent (mostly likely true).

Trump ran on being hard on immigration and won and that's what his base wants, so those of us who loathe Trump have to live with that just like Republicans had to live with the ACA. But unnecessary cruelty needs to be stopped and defense of that cruelty needs to be criticized and put in it's hole, where it belongs. So no, his supporters, if they had a heart or a soul or whatever you like to call it, can simultaneously support being hard on immigration while avoiding unnecessary cruelty. And the idea that there was nothing Trump can do about it is objectively false, so that's a mistake. Obviously he did something about it yesterday, right?

Let's call it as it is. Trump stopped a self inflicted wound. And preventing these separations is bipartisan, btw, so blaming Congress is silly too. Having no good options is an error of his own making.

I really don't care whether Trump runs again or not. What I'm interested in is whether Republicans can keep the House and Senate on lock down come November. If they can, its going to be interesting to see if they go no holds barred against any potential Democratic President that may take office in 2020. Either way, I imagine they're going to subject any potential Democratic candidate to a social and political endoscopy digging for dirt. US politics has become NHB now more so than it ever has.
it has never been NHB...that is nothing but an illusion that they sell us, were it even close to NHB someone would have brought up during the Bush's 4 presidential campaigns....the fact that their fortune/empire was at least in part built on nazi money laundering and a list of other things such as ties to the Bin Ladens etc((notably during Dubya's second run)), were it truely NHB they would have went after Hilary for her but more notably...Bill riding on the lolita express...which they never did

its a puppet show, its run to make us think we have a voice and a choice in the matter, the truth is Obama Bush Clinton and Trump ((and others)) are dupes propped up and put there by people with agenda thats not at all talked about during these presidential campaigns that they would have us believe are totally cutthroat and......NHB

Yeah, no. They shit on him for the NK summit for God's sake. What was once an impossible feat for any President to pull off, turned into no big deal, and was something that could always happen, but other Presidents before him were "too smart" to give Kim recognition. Oh', and that Kim somehow humiliated Trump in negotiations, and got what he wanted, while Humpty Trumpty didn't grasp what he was doing.

The media is going to shit on him no matter what.

His approval rating is climbing because the economy is soaring. So goes the economy, so goes Trump. People don't give a shit about the noise.

You seem to be confusing prudence with impossibility.

Tump has done more in six months than Obama’s did in 8 years.

5% positive. Let that sink in how deep that number truly is. It means that 95% of the time Trump is being either heavily criticized or indifferent in how he is treated by media. The population eats, sleeps, and breathes media like it is their religion. And their religion is telling them that there are only 5% things positive to say about Trump. Not 25%. Not 20%. 5%.

Objectively speaking (if you're capable of being objective) you have to know that this level of gap should not exist currently, encourages a lack in critical thinking, and would make it impossible for anyone to have skyrocketing approval rates (not saying he should have them) under such a shadow in today's world.

I don't think people take the media all that seriously. Trump would never have had a chance in the election, if that was the case.

They did some poll before the election, and something like 31% of Americans trusted the media. Not just CNN, not just FOX, not just MSNBC, or the NYT, WP, or WSJ, but as a whole. That's how little the people thought of them. And that was before all this "fake news" label got out, all the retractions, and the 24/7 "Trump Show" on every goddamn network. I can't imagine how low the trust is now.

As much as everyone harps on them(myself included), in the grand scheme of things, I don't think they have much of an impact, and are mostly viewed as the jokes they are, and are viewed merely as entertainment, echo chambers, and fodder for forums like this one.

It is a feature, not a bug, of his zero tolerance policy put in place in April

The feature/bug phrasing implies intent. Nielsen, Sessions and Trump have said consistently that temporarily separating families is not their goal.

There was no policy of temporarily separating families. I can provide you with Sessions's directive of April 6th announcing that all illegal border crossers will be prosecuted. You can't provide me a directive ordering the "temporary separation of families", because it doesn't exist.

Yes, more families would be temporarily separated under the zero tolerance policy than under Obama's catch and release policy. That doesn't mean temporary separation is the goal of the policy---in fact, I'm quite confident that it isn't. Until you can acknowledge this distinction, it will be difficult to converse with you on the topic.

One position was that it wasn't happening (obvious lie)

What are you referring to?

that this was a previous administration policy (obvious lie)
Trump didn't say that.

He referred to "bad laws that Democrats gave us", referring to TVPRA. That bill's only sponsor was Howard Berman, a Democrat from California. TVPRA prevents DHS from returning the illegal alien minors to their home countries unless the minors are originally from Mexico or Canada.

that it was the fault of Democrats
Already covered above.

and that Congress needed pass a bill that stopped this (obvious lie)
Either Sessions can't enforce the law, or Congress needs to pass new legislation. It seems you don't care about the enforcement part, or maybe you're unaware that the core of the problem lies with Congress.

then turds like Miller argue that it's a deterrent (mostly likely true).

Miller is not a turd.

Source for Miller arguing that it's a deterrent? No speculation or anonymous sources. I want a direct quotation.

Perhaps you were thinking of John Kelly.

But unnecessary cruelty needs to be stopped and defense of that cruelty needs to be criticized and put in it's hole, where it belongs. So no, his supporters, if they had a heart or a soul or whatever you like to call it, can simultaneously support being hard on immigration while avoiding unnecessary cruelty.

That's why the Republicans and Trump are pushing for legislation to amend TVPRA and the Flores Settlement Agreement. Do the Democrats have a legislative proposal, or will the next Democratic president go right back to "catch and release"? When one party proposes substantial, long-term solutions and the other just complains, I trust that you'll support the former.

Let's call it as it is. Trump stopped a self inflicted wound.

No, that's the MSM spin. Think more carefully.

Trump ran on fixing the immigration system. At the end of all this, Trump will have spearheaded major legislation to fix multiple immigration loopholes. We won't be seeing 150,000 unaccompanied minors + alleged family units illegally crossing the southern border illegally anymore because it won't mean free entry after a maximum 20-day wait period. Those with legitimate claims of asylum will apply at ports of entry and be processed properly. Families will be detained together. It's what everyone wants, except for those who just love to hate.

I don't think people take the media all that seriously. Trump would never have had a chance in the election, if that was the case.

They did some poll before the election, and something like 31% of Americans trusted the media. Not just CNN, not just FOX, not just MSNBC, or the NYT, WP, or WSJ, but as a whole. That's how little the people thought of them. And that was before all this "fake news" label got out, all the retractions, and the 24/7 "Trump Show" on every goddamn network. I can't imagine how low the trust is now.

As much as everyone harps on them(myself included), in the grand scheme of things, I don't think they have much of an impact, and are mostly viewed as the jokes they are, and are viewed merely as entertainment, echo chambers, and fodder for forums like this one.
Not gonna look up the data now, but I'm pretty sure registered Democrats trust the media at far higher rates than registered Republicans. I think the media is highly influential among Democrats, but other than FOX I think Republicans basically distrust everything they hear.

5% positive. Let that sink in how deep that number truly is. It means that 95% of the time Trump is being either heavily criticized or indifferent in how he is treated by media. The population eats, sleeps, and breathes media like it is their religion. And their religion is telling them that there are only 5% things positive to say about Trump. Not 25%. Not 20%. 5%.

Objectively speaking (if you're capable of being objective) you have to know that this level of gap should not exist currently, encourages a lack in critical thinking, and would make it impossible for anyone to have skyrocketing approval rates (not saying he should have them) under such a shadow in today's world.
I take a lot of President Trump's approval rating polls with a grain of salt.

I suspect a lot of people won't give an honest answer to whether they support President Trump to pollsters, in the same way that gun owners won't give an honest answer to pollsters if they ask "do you own guns?".

In both instances that's no one's business but my own.

I take a lot of President Trump's approval rating polls with a grain of salt.

I suspect a lot of people won't give an honest answer to whether they support President Trump to pollsters, in the same way that gun owners won't give an honest answer to pollsters if they ask "do you own guns?".

In both instances that's no one's business but my own.
The national polling was quite accurate in the 2016 election.

Back