Trump Organization worth one tenth of value previously reported

That’s the attitude everybody should have , even those like yourself who clearly are not a fan of the man at this time.

But the reason for my snarky comment is because the article this thread is focusing on is another joke, clickbait, fake news blurb.

It basically states that the Trump Organization generated 10% of the revenue last year that is has generated in the past. Then it declares that Trump is “worth” correspondingly less because of this delta.
There’s no way the author is so obtuse as to confuse annual revenue with net worth, so it’s intent was just to stir people up with nonsense, and now here we are discussing it.
There’s also no way anyone would expect a corporation to produce similar revenues as years past when its CEO is focused on a (successful) presidential campaign.

For those who aren’t fond of him, there are plenty of actual reasons to talk shit about Trump without spazzing out over nonsense.

I don't hate anyone.

I WANT the President to succeed, because when he does, America does. He's turning the country into an Island and as we retract from the world stage, Russia and China fill the vacuum.

I'm not afraid to call it like I see it.

thedailybeast.com_.jpg

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...nt-donald-trump-family-business-a8058236.html

The Trump Organization in New York is reportedly worth one tenth of the value it previously claimed.

Donald Trump's family business had previously ranked near the top of Crain's New York Business' list of largest privately held companies.

But this year it has fallen from number three to number 40 after the President disclosed the organisation's revenue to federal regulators.

While the Trump Organization claimed $9.5bn (£7.2bn) in sales last year, Mr Trump's public filings suggest revenues of less than a tenth of that amount, between $600m (£450m) and $700m (£530m).

Is anyone really surprised by this yet? Does he lose his, "He's smart because he's a billionaire" card yet?
No, Trump is obviously the King of bullshit.

I don't know how people aren't grasping this: Trump has made an entire adult life of business out of getting free labor, sticking others with the bill, and suing anyone who attempts to call him out.

Now guess what he's going to do to the USA.

Last edited:
The only way he'd be a billionaire with that revenue is if he was embezzling from his own company.
That's not entirely true. Per Forbes and Bloomberg, he has about 2-300 million in personal cash and assets outside of the Trump Organization. And Trump Organization's assets are worth quite a bit- probably around 3.5 billion, with less than a billion in debt.

The problem here is he simply isn't doing as much business as he claimed. He has all these assets, but they're not doing much work.

Looking at publicly traded large real estate/development companies, it's not that weird to have revenue signicantly below the value of the company, because much of the value is from the value of the assets, not sales.

Frankly, now that I'm looking at the numbers, it's ridiculous that he ever claimed 9.5 billion in revenue. None of the comparable companies had a similar amount of revenue compared to held assets. The number of 600 million is much more in line with the others, although maybe a little low.

At the same time, it's not believable that he's employing 22000 people with those numbers, either. They would be wildly inefficient even with his claimed revenue; with actual revenue he would barely be able to afford their salaries at a mediocre wage (600 million/22000= $27,000 per employee) let alone any other expenses.

Last edited:
His status as a billionaire is defined by net worth.

Yeah, and that's derived from his income, which is drawn from his company, and we can see what that company's revenue is.

Generally speaking, a CEO makes less than 1% of revenue, 0.4% being the high end of the average.

So, knowing this, here are the options for Trump to actually being a billionaire based on what we know.

1) Trump is paying himself way more than most CEOs, like more than 10 times the average CEO is paid. Not a crime, but terrible business and it's unlikely any shareholders would agree to that sort of CEO compensation.

2) Trump has undisclosed investments, which is a crime.

3) Trump embezzled from his company, which is a crime.

4) Trump is a liar.

lmao u idiots still don't know how business works.

Of course his official public record will show a much weaker income. It's how they evade taxes. You guys will always find things to be mad about. If his records show 10B you guys will still be mad.

Also, He's a billionaire not because he rakes in $1B a year. He's a billionaire cuz he actually have a billion dollars in his account. 700m disclosed = at least 1b undisclosed. But even so, 700m this year + another 700m from the year before or next year = 1.4B.

Only thing I got from this is that he evades tax but every rich businessman and politician does it so you can't be mad at Trump but not mad at everyone else.

"You guys are always trying to find something to be mad about!! He's not worth less than he says he is, he's just really good at tax evasion! Dumb liberals."

-freaky

That's not entirely true. Per Forbes and Bloomberg, he has about 2-300 million in personal cash and assets outside of the Trump Organization. And Trump Organization's assets are worth quite a bit- probably around 3.5 billion, with less than a billion in debt.

The problem here is he simply isn't doing as much business as he claimed. He has all these assets, but they're not doing much work.

Looking at publicly traded large real estate/development companies, it's not that weird to have revenue signicantly below the value of the company, because much of the value is from the value of the assets, not sales.

Frankly, now that I'm looking at the numbers, it's ridiculous that he ever claimed 9.5 billion in revenue. None of the comparable companies had a similar amount of revenue compared to held assets. The number of 600 million is much more in line with the others, although maybe a little low.

At the same time, it's not believable that he's employing 22000 people with those numbers, either. They would be wildly inefficient even with his claimed revenue; with actual revenue he would barely be able to afford their salaries at a mediocre wage (600 million/22000= $27,000 per employee) let alone any other expenses.

How much you think his net worth is? he seem be real rich at least 2 billion or something from all buildings he own. but yes i read very few people on earth have in cash liquid 1 billion. 300 million is still crazy to have in cash assets.

How much you think his net worth is? he seem be real rich at least 2 billion or something from all buildings he own. but yes i read very few people on earth have in cash liquid 1 billion. 300 million is still crazy to have in cash assets.

He doesn't get to claim the value of his real estate because he doesn't even own the entire company, he may even be a minority share holder at this point I believe.

Only thing I got from this is that he evades tax but every rich businessman and politician does it so you can't be mad at Trump but not mad at everyone else.

Yea....but not every rich person then goes on national TV, repeatedly brags about how wealthy he is to people on or below the poverty line, all in an effort to be elected to the highest office in the country. What a stand-up guy.

Ask yourself this: I'm sure you've been out on a Friday or Saturday night and ended up somewhere with that one guy who wouldn't stop bragging about his toys and how much money he clears. Douchebag, right? Now multiply the douchebag factor by the multiples he overestimated his networth. Sounds annoying as fuck right? Yet., that's the type of guy you elected.

hqdefault.jpg

Yea....but not every rich person then goes on national TV, repeatedly brags about how wealthy he is to people on or below the poverty line, all in an effort to be elected to the highest office in the country. What a stand-up guy.

Ask yourself this: I'm sure you've been out on a Friday or Saturday night and ended up somewhere with that one guy who wouldn't stop bragging about his toys and how much money he clears. Douchebag, right? Now multiply the douchebag factor by the multiples he overestimated his networth. Sounds annoying as fuck right? Yet., that's the type of guy you elected.

hqdefault.jpg

Did you register to vote?

Nah man , a persons status as a multibillionaire is defined by the value of their assets minus liabilities.

Trump could go work at Hardee’s for $8/hr and he’d still be a multibillionaire.

Yeah, and that's derived from his income, which is drawn from his company, and we can see what that company's revenue is.

Generally speaking, a CEO makes less than 1% of revenue, 0.4% being the high end of the average.

So, knowing this, here are the options for Trump to actually being a billionaire based on what we know.

1) Trump is paying himself way more than most CEOs, like more than 10 times the average CEO is paid. Not a crime, but terrible business and it's unlikely any shareholders would agree to that sort of CEO compensation.

2) Trump has undisclosed investments, which is a crime.

3) Trump embezzled from his company, which is a crime.

4) Trump is a liar.

Nah man , a persons status as a multibillionaire is defined by the value of their assets minus liabilities.

Trump could go work at Hardee’s for $8/hr and he’d still be a multibillionaire.

So now he's a multi billionaire? The value of his assets is determined by the revenue of the holding company that owns them, which I don't believe he's even the 100% owner of.

This is the important stuff we really need to be discussing. Thank you, op.

Trump has been a multibillionaire for a long time, not just now.

You seem to be fixated on his corporation’s revenue which that UK Independent article was based, on while his corporation’s revenue is completely independent of his corporation’s net worth (assets -liabilities)

You don’t like the guy and I respect that, and that being said there’s plenty of legit reasons to rage about Trump without having to dunk into clickbait nonsense.

So now he's a multi billionaire? The value of his assets is determined by the revenue of the holding company that owns them, which I don't believe he's even the 100% owner of.

<Oku02>

Duuurrr I dont care if Trump lies to me and I blindly follow him cause luberrul tears duuurr

<Kpop775>

Back