Trump plays 4d chess with the sun

JosephDredd

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/j55j83/trump-stares-into-the-sun-as-aide-screams-dont-look
Trump Stares into the Sun as Aide Screams 'Don't Look!'

Today President Trump stepped out onto Truman balcony with his wife and youngest child and looked directly into the sun. He did this because there was a total eclipse from coast to coast across America. You probably heard about it. What you also probably heard was that looking directly into the sun during an eclipse is maybe the worst thing you can do. Many people were saying it, and it was being recognized more and more. That's why the president was provided with NASA-approved sunglasses to wear during the event, so he didn't have to burn his retinas by staring dumbly into the sun. Nevertheless, Trump stared dumbly into the sun.

According to Wall Street Journal reporter Ted Mann, as the president blinked into the sky while holding the sunglasses in his hand, an aide shouted, "Don't look!"

lol then Tucker Carlson praised him for doing the most impressive thing any president has ever done. http://www.rawstory.com/2017/08/par...praising-trumps-glasses-free-eclipse-viewing/

1503347130385-AP_17233672251714.jpeg

Why is the eclipse supposedly worse than the regular sun?

I remember in high school baseball practice, my coach would hit these fly balls in the sun and we had to catch them. Yeah it hurt our eyes, I don't know if it did damage.

I remember in high school baseball practice, my coach would hit these fly balls in the sun and we had to catch them. Yeah it hurt our eyes, I don't know if it did damage.

Even though it's mostly covered, the sun is still producing enough radiation to blind you just as much as if you were staring at an unobstructed sun at high noon, but because it's not producing enough light to trigger your pain receptors people tend to stare at an eclipsed sun for long periods of time without realizing that it's damaging them until they've lost their vision.

Basically it's like touching a hot stove while on painkillers: you're getting burned, but your body's defensive reflexes are out of commission..

So Trump lost his vision, seems fitting after everything that's happened the last few weeks lol.

I'm with Rip.

I got a sugar high once as a kid and I stared at the sun for like 4 min straight.

I was jacked up.

Well, I'm pretty sure you can't see what you post.

So, you do the math!

I'm with Rip.

I got a sugar high once as a kid and I stared at the sun for like 4 min straight.

I was jacked up.
To be fair people exaggerate the damage. Most kids have stared at the sun and didn't go blind. It's the same with welding. Tons of people weld without proper protection and don't go suddenly blind, the damage is cumulative though.

in fairness, so did the clintons

usaelection1503379649.jpg

How old are you?

Well see if he has a blind spot tomorrow.

Since the beginning of time man has yearned to destroy the sun. Trump will do the next best thing: stare at it.

I'm with Rip.

I was jacked up.

We were all told not to stare into the sun as kids. So what did we do? Stare into the sun.

It's worth noting that if you're in the path of totality, you can look at the sun without protection during the several minutes of totality... Until you notice it's bright as broad daylight in that picture and he's a dimwit.

I dunno about y'all, but I have blue eyes and each of the several times I have so much as glanced directly at the sun, I very much regretted it.

Back