TUF 19 Edgar VS Penn Episode 1 Discussion

Kim Winslow after a finish by armbar: "Your winner by TKO" lolwut

He does because he's associated with the UFC brand and has been vouching for him for so long. The fact is that Herb sucks. Time to hang em up or whatever the referee equivalent is.

this makes sense. armchair enthusiasts always have a better sense of understanding from afar, as opposed to those cageside witnessing the action in real time, & in replays covered in multiple angles at their very whim.

Lol just give up. BJ is beholden to nobody least of all UFC directives. He's gone toe to toe with them and come out the other side.

BJ/Frankie's knowledge and integrity >>> yours.

Maybe they just wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. That was filmed before Herb's more recent goof ups. I have a feeling they won't be giving him the benefit of the doubt from now on.

USA TUF > Any other TUF

Fun first episode, that knee bar attempt by Mike King was pretty sweet

USA TUF > Any other TUF

Fun first episode, that knee bar attempt by Mike King was pretty sweet
Yeah it was kind of weird to see Nordine Taleb lose his TUF entry when he was just on the prelims of the TUF nations finale a few hourse earlier. Not to mention we just saw him do a whole season on TUF nations. Which makes you wonder which was filmed first.

Yeah it was kind of weird to see Nordine Taleb lose his TUF entry when he was just on the prelims of the TUF nations finale a few hourse earlier. Not to mention we just saw him do a whole season on TUF nations. Which makes you wonder which was filmed first.

I heard from someone this season was actually filmed first.

Dana must have just liked him because he wanted him as an alternate for TUF 19. So maybe he said hey we got a spot at TUF Nations if you want to try that instead.

I remember when this season was announced, bj and edgar were supposed to fight in April and people were upset that penn won't have time to get in shape or something like that. Most likely this season was filmed simultaneously with TUF nations, just like first TUF nation ran at the same time as Nelson-Carvin

Not gona lie, I was a little disappointed that BJ and Frankie got along so well.

The best TUF's are when the coaches legitimately hate each other.

This season of TUF is going to be good. If only Chael and Wand can learn from the gentlemen Edgar and Penn how to do battle like warriors. :icon_lol:

Adrian Miles used to train at my gym. I was bummed he didn't do better.

kneebar2.gif

I fully expect the second half of this GIF will become the next great meme on Sherdog.

Already much better fighters than in TUF Brazil. Some of the MWs might and certainly many LHWs would beat the HWs at TUF Brazil this season they are that bad.
The guy who got picked last in Penn's team looked actually good he is just the maybe smallest MW he normally fights at WW but he looked good.
And I thought the guy who beat Adrian Miles looked good his record isn't great but his throws and wrestling looked really really good and Miles had great scrambles and I think he might have beaten some of the less good wrestlers he had bad luck going up against that guy because even though his record isn't pretty he looked damn good

I'm late to the party here, but that first episode was very good.
My impressions:
Was quite refreshing to see the level of respect between Penn and Egdar. Both dudes are chill as fuck.
The fights were awesome, some of the best since 17 I think?( jones and sonnen). Some beastly dudes this season.

The short shorts a.k.a Jersery Shorts chatter between the coaches and Dana were pretty hilarious.

My favorite line from the show was when the Irish guy won his fight and was talking to his team about how good the guy he fought was. Mcgregor saying that's how it goes sometimes, "Luck of the Irish".

That cracked me up so hard.
Definitely will be tuning in for this one.

Could they really not find a single fighter to fight Cathal?? Feel like he got a bye from being Conors friend but whatever. Just seemed odd to me that no one would want to fight him. Dont they have plenty of backups ready in these situations??

Could they really not find a single fighter to fight Cathal?? Feel like he got a bye from being Conors friend but whatever. Just seemed odd to me that no one would want to fight him. Dont they have plenty of backups ready in these situations??

I was thinking the same thing. Either he got some sort of pass from Dana (to get another Irish guy into the UFC) or the guy he was supposed to fight pulled out at the last minute before a replacement could even be called up (I'm talking like within a day) or he didn't make weight. You have to remember that all these top prospects are all over the country. You could argue that they get some random dude that didn't even try out from a local gym there in Nevada to come in.

Yeah, you know there are dudes from local gyms who would jump on that.

they already tried to get McGregors other teammate, Patrick Holohan into TUF 18, but he got wrestle fucked out in the elimination round by Josh Hill, and we all know how much DW loved Hill's style

They upped the ante by having two guys from SBG Ireland on this season, and since they were worried one or both wouldn't make it they told Cathal his opponent dropped out

I'd like to hear personally who the person that was supposed to fight him was...would be good if that fighter came forward,

Back