TUF 19 Edgar VS Penn Episode 1 Discussion

best_animated_images_car_jump_in.gif

LOL at the many people who can't grasp that TUF 19 was filmed before TUF Nations

QUESTION: was the Spohn KO really the "KO that was better than Uriah Halls" if so then I am dissappoint

QUESTION: who was this "mystery fighter" they advertised, was it seriously Cathal Pendred getting the bye into the house? such bs, clearly trying to just get more Irish people in the house since Patrick Holohan didn't work out

Anyone else think Penn came off as pretty corny and cheesy? And this is coming from the guy who hasn't really watched TUF since Penn/Pulver and is only watching it now because of Penn.

I'm looking at gifs, how many fracking injuries were there.

How bout Serbian dude boning his hot GF for the first time in 6 weeks and then being completely gassed in Round 3.

He got robbed in the first Edgar fight, had a draw with Fitch (who was #2 at the time), won the first round against Diaz, but then gassed and then just couldn't handle the size of MacDonald. He should have better cardio at 145 and won't get overwhelmed at 145 like he did against Rory. Frankie hasn't won many fights the past couple years, either.

Why shouldn't people get excited about watching BJ Penn? Is this a serious question?

Are you a mindless Penn hater? Are people supposed to just give up on a fighter because of your shit opinion? I'm interested to see what a 145 Penn can bring to the table.

Hey, look! It's one of those Penn nuthugger/apologists I was talking about!

BJ didn't lose fights, he just gassed! Cardio isn't a skill that can be worked on, like striking or BJJ, it's just dumb luck! And BJ had bad luck, that's all!

And why shouldn't we be excited about seeing a way past his prime 35 year old trying to hang on for one more pay day. There's always a 1.6% chance that "the old BJ" shows up, KO's Frankie and then licks blood off his hands. I'm going to go with the 98.4% chance that BJ talks about being motivated and fresh, says something along the lines of "to the death, Frankie" and then the 35 year old BJ shows up and gets beaten by the younger, fresher, harder working, more skilled fighter.

Or just not stop fights early. That might work.

Which he really never does. And even if he did, it's a million times better than stopping it too late and adding substantial extra risk for a fighter dying.

How bout Serbian dude boning his hot GF for the first time in 6 weeks and then being completely gassed in Round 3.

Yup I lol'ed. Chick was super hot though, dude was not focused at all though.

Back