TUF 20: Episode 9 Tonight at 10pm ET/7pm PT on FOX Sports 1 DISCUSSION

My friend who's a much better wrestler and bigger than me gets me in that shit all the time. I can usually fight it for a bit but if I gas out then I'm fucked. Literally he taps me with that everytime he gets a sub. I lol'd hard when Bec brain farted and rolled out of it and then when Randa hit it I was like OH SHIT!!!! and had to show my friend the replay hahhaa

thats what im saying! that position is so good because you can isolate each arm so you can pound them or move to all sorts of subs

when i trained at csw, i would roll with erik paulson. he would pretty much just let me get any position i wanted, mount, a full locked in armbar, whatever, then all of a sudden he would somehow get me in kesa gatame in like .01 seconds. then he would let me struggle for a little bit, then hit me with like 10-15 subs in a row. like he would straight armbar the far arm, then id rap. hed switch to wrist lock and tap me. then hed americana my arm, id tap. then hed get a finger lock and i'd tap. then a whole bunch i didnt even know

now everytime i see that position, i just start thing "oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck" haha

Because who wants to train with a coach with a proven loss record?

i think that the fights already being decided hurt the coaches, I'm not saying that if Gil could have picked who fought Tecia it would have made a huge difference, but it may have helped

I hope that TUFTalk is on Fight PAss. Forgot to keep watching and missed it. The awkwardness of Tecia last week was pretty funny. She definitely looked uncomfortable the whole time and I thought at any second she would flip out

Yeah and Bec meanwhile with her reclined back in the chair, too cool for school body language and attitude rubbed me the wrong way. Felt bad for Tecia- seemed like she wanted to say a lot more about the negativity in the house than she did.

I also find it hilarious that the editing basically made the fight predictions from Jessica and Carla look like idiots (Felice is going to win and it's going to be easy!) They made Jo-Jo look like the only fighter that believed in Randa (and the smartest)

thats what im saying! that position is so good because you can isolate each arm so you can pound them or move to all sorts of subs

when i trained at csw, i would roll with erik paulson. he would pretty much just let me get any position i wanted, mount, a full locked in armbar, whatever, then all of a sudden he would somehow get me in kesa gatame in like .01 seconds. then he would let me struggle for a little bit, then hit me with like 10-15 subs in a row. like he would straight armbar the far arm, then id rap. hed switch to wrist lock and tap me. then hed americana my arm, id tap. then hed get a finger lock and i'd tap. then a whole bunch i didnt even know

now everytime i see that position, i just start thing "oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck" haha

Yeah I know the counters too, but basically if the dude on top knows how to keep weight on you and is smart, they can keep you pinned there for a long ass time. The counters of pushing the head away and popping your leg up to grab the head, and rotating towards them to hook a leg and try to take the back are the counters I know of and while I get really close to getting them, ulimtately I fail and then gas out lol

I hate that shit so much because I know he's gonna do it but I can't stop it! Like the Ronda armbar man!

Randa Markos made herself a star tonight. I was thoroughly entertained. :)

Randa: "Maybe that'll shut her up."

Carla: "Maybe it would if you'd stop being such a bitch!"

Randa: "Don't worry. You're next."

Carla: :eek:

Randa Markos made herself a star tonight. I was thoroughly entertained. :)

Randa: "Maybe that'll shut her up."

Carla: "Maybe it would if you'd stop being such a bitch!"

Randa: "Don't worry. You're next."

Carla: :eek:

Epic exchange. I loved the way they edited that because, correct me if I'm wrong- you could only see her talking to Tecia at first and then it just pans out a bit and you see Carla is right there and pissed. Hilarious moment.

I'm usually not too drawn into the drama but this season has pulled me in. I agree that exchange between Randa and Carla was funny.

Bashing rule is still in effect. Even if they're being annoying on the show we can't refer to fighters as "bitches."

To be fair Randa said she did like the way they were already doing the practices and wanted to keep it that way but she didn't push the issue and she made it seem as though she were cool with the change.

Yeah, but my problem is that she said she didn't care and seemed fine with it when it turned out that she clearly wasn't. The people who act like they don't care and everything is fine when underneath they really do care, but fail to speak up and then later do whatever the hell they want can be annoying and get under people's skin.

And when the Pettis brothers caught wind of it- they seemed like they couldn't have given a shit less- because again, Anthony was aware of what Carla and Felice also knew but didn't really acknowledge- that it's just a few days more and that people want all the gym time they can get.

I don't think they wanted to get caught up in the drama. Try to avoid it and hope it goes away type thinking.

God randa is fucking hot.

Holy shit. A positive EC post? That I agree with? Can I give you a hug? Too far?

The real Iraq WMD has been found. Randa is awesome. Now a fan.

Keep in mind that your evidence for Randa being a bitch comes from women who have been proven ON CAMERA to be petty and disingenuous. To women like that, not socializing with them = being a bitch. Randa, JoJo, Aisling and Tecia are there to win, not establish themselves amongst their childish hierarchy.

females do this ALL THE TIME

thhey do mental gymnastics to make themselves a victim and the other person terrible. its never "i hate you asshole" its "you are so rude and disrespectful." trying to convince outside observers to join their side

thsts why theres the horror stories of girls saying "i cheated because you were never around and neglected me asshole!"

i know i sound vehement and angry about this, but i grew up in a house with 2 sisters and 2 female cousins, no brothers. i get ptsd flashbacks when i see this tactic... its almost as bad as "whoever cries first wins, because the other person looks like a jerk for making you cry"

Hahahaha, I noticed right away. He's a pretty man, though lol.

LOL I also noticed it from day one but thought nobody knows who Davey is because AFI is not so popular, if they ever were popular.

Still they are my fav band (as my username is showing) and Davey is one very sexy man...yes romo

It's really weird how someone can say she resembles the dude from AFI, yet you're not necessarily insinuating she's ugly or looks like a man.

Because Davey doesn't look like a man lol

Holy shit. A positive EC post? That I agree with? Can I give you a hug? Too far?

The real Iraq WMD has been found. Randa is awesome. Now a fan.

Lol the Weapon of Mass Destruction nickname- while highly inappropriate -would be awesome for her.

Bashing rule is still in effect. Even if they're being annoying on the show we can't refer to fighters as "bitches."

sorry Lethal, can I say fighter X is acting bitchy?

Nope....

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't remember another season of TUF where teammates that were going to have to fight each other (and it happened lots of time where they did have to fight each) having an issue training together

I'm usually not too drawn into the drama but this season has pulled me in. I agree that exchange between Randa and Carla was funny.

The show has centered around these cliques that manufacture drama with conflicts they themselves create. They then find someone else to blame for it and gang up on that person like she is the cause of all the trouble. Almost everyone on the show is either unlikable or just non-existant besides Randa who has become the underdog babyface in a den of heels.

Eh, I'm pretty sure her constant lashing out and angry, negative attitude on TUF Talk is pretty good evidence against Randa...

Randa was more than justified. Classic case of blaming the person who was constantly taunted & poked at for finally reacting. Chick logic 101. And it seems to be a theme on that show. They did the same thing to Heather Jo Clark. I see right through bullshit.

females do this ALL THE TIME

thhey do mental gymnastics to make themselves a victim and the other person terrible. its never "i hate you asshole" its "you are so rude and disrespectful." trying to convince outside observers to join their side

thsts why theres the horror stories of girls saying "i cheated because you were never around and neglected me asshole!"

i know i sound vehement and angry about this, but i grew up in a house with 2 sisters and 2 female cousins, no brothers. i get ptsd flashbacks when i see this tactic... its almost as bad as "whoever cries first wins, because the other person looks like a jerk for making you cry"

Ive dated chicks like that. All it takes is a few flunky girlfriends to co-sign anything shady they did, for them to justify it in their heads, to the point where theyre living in a bizarre-o world with no logical foundation.

Back