TUF 26 Cast Revealed

Holy crap
That+s+not+your+mother+baby+it+s+a+man+man+_86c19c3539c3837d0b6c16f41997ae4d.jpg

dang, you guys! LOL (thanks for putting a pic of me bruised up...my She-Ra cosplay one isn't bad) ... but regardless of how hot everyone is or not, this is a really good season with good fights. You guys should give it a chance! :)

Last edited:
dang, you guys! LOL (thanks for putting a pic of me bruised up...my She-Ra cosplay one isn't bad) ... but regardless of how hot everyone is or not, this is a really good season with good fights. You guys should give it a chance! :)

Heck yes I will. Thanks for being such a positive & cool person. It's inspiring. Good luck in all your endeavors!

The actual fans of WMMA will give it a chance. The others who still are in the "girls have cooties" stage tend to make the obvious posts.

If they watch, most will only be watching for you Dahling'. :)

Hope you'll be wearing something interesting is you fight Ostovich.

The actual fans of WMMA will give it a chance. The others who still are in the "girls have cooties" stage tend to make the obvious posts.

To be fair, a lot of people have gone off TUF completely.

There are a lot of short/weak records on this one. Honchack wasn't fought for ages. Murphy has one win since 2013 and she looks big enough to be real bantamweight.
The whole "Crowning a Champion" is less believable than the straw weight effort.

To be fair, a lot of people have gone off TUF completely.

True. Hopefully people keep an open mind about this season. Check it out and see what happens for a few episodes at least. Maybe they will change their minds after seeing it for themselves. Or not.

There are a lot of short/weak records on this one.

This is true to a degree too. Keep in mind that with the UFC bringing in first 135 and later 115 divisions many 125ers went to those divisions with and without success, or just mixed. Several fairly good 125ers are on TUF this season who took some losses having tried their hand without much success at 115, too big a weight cut. Other fighters are decent but don't have many fights.

Rose Namajunas was in a similar situation not all that long ago.

I was just thinking of this. Back when I kept up the Women's MMA by Weight Class thread the Flyweight Division was the largest division in Women's MMA. For a number of reasons Brazilians and Europeans made up the most upper level talent (Beyond top ten/fifteen). That has continued to a degree, more so with Brazilians as many good flyweights from Europe dropped down to strawweight for Invicta and the UFC. So many top flyweights, at the moment, are actually not native English speakers and don't normally get into TUF in the first place. (Edit)

Honchack wasn't fought for ages.

Agreed. Barb had some fairly tough, fence, grinding fights that people were giving her grief over. Plus with all of the people dropping off to different weight classes it was hard to find her fights. There are other reasons she went into semi-retirement but she is back and we will see where she is at this season.

Murphy has one win since 2013 and she looks big enough to be real bantamweight.

She won a fight last year. She has had some tough fights, did get a split with McMann. I thought she did fairly well against Carmouche but lost a UD. Chookagian is no slouch either. I had hoped Chookagain would be picked up by Invicta for their Flyweight Division before she was picked up for the UFC's Bantamweight Division.

Agreed she is more of a bantamweight as far as size goes. (Edit)

The whole "Crowning a Champion" is less believable than the straw weight effort.

I somewhat agree that this isn't the best method for finding a champion but it is a tough tournament and finding a champion at the end of it is a nice reward for the people fighting in it. Best of luck to all the participants.

And nice to see the Happy Warrior on Sherdog again. Thanks for stopping in Roxy.

Last edited:
Thanks Mark Zima and leto1776. Good to see the both of you and others on the forums.

Nice to be back for a while. I finally managed to get Sherdog to work for me again. I had a very difficult time posting or accessing my account for a year or so. And I was traveling around so much I had little time to do much fun stuff on the internet.

True. Hopefully people keep an open mind about this season. Check it out and see what happens for a few episodes at least. Maybe they will change their minds after seeing it for themselves. Or not.

This is true to a degree too. Keep in mind that with the UFC bringing in first 135 and later 115 divisions many 125ers went to those divisions with and without success, or just mixed. Several fairly good 125ers are on TUF this season who took some losses having tried their hand without much success at 115, too big a weight cut. Other fighters are decent but don't have many fights.

Rose Namajunas was in a similar situation not all that long ago.

I was just thinking of this. Back when I kept up the Women's MMA by Weight Class thread the Flyweight Division was the largest division in Women's MMA. For a number of reasons Brazilians and Europeans made up the most upper level talent (Beyond top ten/fifteen). That has continued to a degree, more so with Brazilians as many good flyweights from Europe dropped down to strawweight for Invicta and the UFC. So many top flyweights, at the moment, are actually not native English speakers and don't normally get into TUF in the first place. (Edit)

Agreed. Barb had some fairly tough, fence, grinding fights that people were giving her grief over. Plus with all of the people dropping off to different weight classes it was hard to find her fights. There are other reasons she went into semi-retirement but she is back and we will see where she is at this season.

She won a fight last year. She has had some tough fights, did get a split with McMann. I thought she did fairly well against Carmouche but lost a UD. Chookagian is no slouch either. I had hoped Chookagain would be picked up by Invicta for their Flyweight Division before she was picked up for the UFC's Bantamweight Division.

Agreed she is more of a bantamweight as far as size goes. (Edit)

I somewhat agree that this isn't the best method for finding a champion but it is a tough tournament and finding a champion at the end of it is a nice reward for the people fighting in it. Best of luck to all the participants.

And nice to see the Happy Warrior on Sherdog again. Thanks for stopping in Roxy.

It is a good point about the foreigners and records.
I was asked once who I wanted to fight, and I thought, "Well both Jennifer Maia and Vanessa Porto are ranked about the same or higher than me and they wouldn't make TUF cuz they can't speak English." Hopefully I'll get to rematch them at some point. :)
I stood next to Chookagain once and she was bigger than me.

I was asked once who I wanted to fight, and I thought, "Well both Jennifer Maia and Vanessa Porto are ranked about the same or higher than me and they wouldn't make TUF cuz they can't speak English." Hopefully I'll get to rematch them at some point. :)

Thanks for the comments. I'm looking forward to seeing several rematches in your future. Great fights. Really looking forward to seeing you in action in this newest TUF season.

I remember Chookagian* looking into trying to fight someone at strawweight a few years ago now. Agreed. She is fairly large but not too much. 8)

*I was thinking blondefighter was crazy.

Last edited:
do you think Maia and/or Porto will come over to the UFC to compete in the 125 Div once the show's complete like Claudia did at 115?

I trained with Melinda Fabian a couple of times in Budapest, and she live translated everything the coach said for me, from Hungarian into English. a really cool chick. I hope she wins.

was rooting for you the first time! pulling for you again this time!

Back