TUF 27

Is Zuniga a legit 155 lbs fighter? He looked very small to me.

Definitely undersized at 5'6. He's a bit chubby too, guessing we'll see him at FW after this.

He almost looked like he could make BW to me. Not much muscle mass either.

36317584_10157017961493484_7413107716035444736_o.jpg

The people's main event.
I only saw the first couple episodes...does Gunther suck or he have a shot here?

One of the harder guys to back but I love the match up for him. Call me crazy but I've gone 4u -112
About 2u for me at a similar price. Gonna wait for props, hopefully get a good line on Caceres ITD for another 1u or so.

Tavares devensive wrestling is way better than his offensive one.
Thats what give me confidence that it will be mostly a stand up battle
Israel probably will win and thats why Im BETTING him.

Tavares devensive wrestling is way better than his offensive one.
Thats what give me confidence that it will be mostly a stand up battle
Israel probably will win and thats why Im BETTING him.

That's probably true about Brad's wrestling but Israel also hasn't faced a guy who has legit striking to threaten and can then transition to takedowns like Brad can do.

No offense to Vettori, but this is a BIG step up in competition for Israel. And does anyone think he looked amazing vs Vettori? I sure didn't.

I feel like the Martin vettori fight didn’t necessary “expose” Israel’s lack of ground game, but it definitely shed some light on that area of his game. The light was turned on in that basement and we all saw how dusty it was...

However like another poster said up there ^ brad Tavares isn’t exactly known for his offensive wrestling as much as his defensive..

If Tavares can get Israel down I think he really exposes his ground game here way more than vettori was able to do...

But if gets his shots stuffed all night or decides to stand and bang with Israel (totally possible) he will probably get outstruck and israel will win a decision here imo.. but I do think Tavares is the most dangerous opponent he’s faced so far...

I feel like the Martin vettori fight didn’t necessary “expose” Israel’s lack of ground game, but it definitely shed some light on that area of his game. The light was turned on in that basement and we all saw how dusty it was...
Vettori fight was an interesting measuring stick for Israel himself of what’s realistic of him at this stage of his career. He won’t be attempting another lateral drop anytime soon. I hope he’ll keep improving steadily with his ground game and winning fights. He’s not another Sean O’Malley or Jon Jones, but I don’t think he’s another Karl Roberson either.

I only saw the first couple episodes...does Gunther suck or he have a shot here?

Both guys looked poor in the TUF house in my opinion. Gunther fights like Darren Elkins, he takes a lot of damage but keeps going forward hoping that you will eventually break under his pressure and get tired of punching him. Zuniga is undersized at LW and it's also important to note that according to coaches on TUF he struggled with the wrestling drills when they were evaluating the fighters. He did show some nice leg kicks vs Joe Giannetti though and he has a win over UFC veteran Marcin Bandel.

However like another poster said up there ^ brad Tavares isn’t exactly known for his offensive wrestling as much as his defensive..

If Tavares can get Israel down I think he really exposes his ground game here way more than vettori was able to do...

But if gets his shots stuffed all night or decides to stand and bang with Israel (totally possible) he will probably get outstruck and israel will win a decision here imo.. but I do think Tavares is the most dangerous opponent he’s faced so far...

tavares isn't known for his offensive wrestling because in the vast majority of fights he's the one with the striking advantage. he's going to wrestle here i guarantee.

Gunther is pretty bad. Odds are he gets beat up badly again.
Beat up badly vs Zuniga? Zuniga is a good striker but he should be fighting at 135 not 155. I think Gunther grinds him out to a decision victory. But you are correct in regards to Gunther not being UFC level.

what in the blue fuck is taking Bookmaker so long to get these lines up?

Beat up badly vs Zuniga? Zuniga is a good striker but he should be fighting at 135 not 155. I think Gunther grinds him out to a decision victory. But you are correct in regards to Gunther not being UFC level.
This is real low level fight.

Lot of these guys I taped so far have 0 hands. It's not like they are wrestlers either. It's just there wrestling is better than 0. I think you right about the weight. And that may play into Gunther getting the required amount of td. Wasn't impressed with Zuniga hands iirc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back