News Tyson Fury is OUT against Oleksandr Usyk on Feb. 17 | Footage in OP!

Heres an idea i had. Weren't the IBF going to strip the winner of this fight because they wouldn't fight Hrgovic? Why not get ahead of that and have Usyk fight Hrgovic before Fury?
The Saudis won't want that fight and it's a high risk-low reward fight for Usyk. If he loses the Fury fight goes up in smoke, along with the big payday from Riyadh. Usyk and Fury are both likely on their way out, so this is their big opportunity to really cash out. Better to wait it out than to have a Wilder happen.

The Saudis won't want that fight and it's a high risk-low reward fight for Usyk. If he loses the Fury fight goes up in smoke, along with the big payday from Riyadh. Usyk and Fury are both likely on their way out, so this is their big opportunity to really cash out. Better to wait it out than to have a Wilder happen.

Usyk has had like 3 or 4 fights at HW is he really looking at this as the end? So AJ Dubois and Fury and hes done?

I wouldn’t consider Hrgovic high risk, he’s pretty limited and Usyk would make him look very bad

I wouldn’t consider Hrgovic high risk, he’s pretty limited and Usyk would make him look very bad
Me neither. Sure the guy is big, has a good amateur pedigree, and an 82% finish rate but he's yet to fight anyone even remotely as skilled as Usyk. His best win is an old Zhang that the majority of observers feel was a gift decision.

Usyk has had like 3 or 4 fights at HW is he really looking at this as the end? So AJ Dubois and Fury and hes done?
Well, he's already 37, and he's made enough money for the rest of his life, and if he beat Fury he's been unified champion in 2 divisions.

That's a pretty decent career I'd say.

This will be his sixth fight at heavyweight. Witherspoon, Chisora, Joshua 2x, Dubois, and Fury (or Hrgovic first). Reportedly he's set to switch sports. He just signed to a Ukrainian premier league soccer club for a year. So, if he becomes undisputed in his second weight class, I think he'll retire.
i

This will be his sixth fight at heavyweight. Witherspoon, Chisora, Joshua 2x, Dubois, and Fury (or Hrgovic first). Reportedly he's set to switch sports. He just signed to a Ukrainian premier league soccer club for a year. So, if he becomes undisputed in his second weight class, I think he'll retire.
i

Usain Bolt couldn't even close to cut in in the Australian soccer league when he retired. Sheer speed is a lot more advantageous than punching people in soccer. I don't think Usyk is anything more than promotion for the club, not a serious move.

Usain Bolt couldn't even close to cut in in the Australian soccer league when he retired. Sheer speed is a lot more advantageous than punching people in soccer. I don't think Usyk is anything more than promotion for the club, not a serious move.
Of course it's just for promotion.

Though, it's possible that he is simply just more skilled than Usain Bolt was.

Heres an idea i had. Weren't the IBF going to strip the winner of this fight because they wouldn't fight Hrgovic? Why not get ahead of that and have Usyk fight Hrgovic before Fury?

My thoughts exactly. Get that mandatory out of the way. But is hrgovic going to accept this fight at 2 weeks notice?

I think that’s very likely. To back up your point Darren Campbell (Olympic gold medalist and former European 100m champ) actually crossed over to football during his athletics career. He played semi pro for 2 years and was barely good enough even at that level. Ended up going back to athletics

Usyk won’t be nearly good enough for a pro football team. Even a lower league team

Promotion of course. He's 37 years old and hasn't played soccer seriously since he was a teen. He impressed them at one of their friendly games, basically tried out, and was signed. Had Bolt ever played soccer before? Usyk did. He played for Tavriya Simferopol before he switched to boxing.

Last edited:
I don’t think the cut was opened in that sparring clip!

In the video furys wearing white gloves. A cut like that; where is all the claret? I know the video is poor quality but blood would show on his gloves at least as he just wiped his eye

That shot does look like an elbow but it looks like it caught him on the chin, not the eye

Im not sure how he cut it, but I don’t believe it was from the clip he posted!

Back