UFC 232 Jones vs Gustafsson II

Don't trust Wood's defense, though I do feel like it's going to be a quick R1 stoppage in that fight. Just not sure who.

Me neither, but Wood is very good, agressieve and have a good chin, I have no seem many tape of their opponent, have you? Is any good?

Me neither, but Wood is very good, agressieve and have a good chin, I have no seem many tape of their opponent, have you? Is any good?
Ewell's not an uber-prospect, but he hits hard and he's got solid hands and cardio. I've got a little on his KO line at +500, but more on the under and fight to end by KO.

Bj penn is a bigger underdog in this fight against Ryan Hall than he was against Yair smdh..
It’s clearly a offline
Because nobody knew how utterly awful BJ would look and in theory if he came back close to his former self he'd of dominated Yair. Now everyone knows how terrible he is and it was shown again vs Siver.

BJJ has changed loads since BJ was at the top. Its been 18 years just look at how MMA changed in that time for a comparison, you telling me Pat Miletich would still give Tyron Woodley a good fight?

Have you seen cyborg sparring with claressa shields? Ppl should watch that
Stuff like that gives me confidence in Cyborg. She always brings in the best people to train with so she can be the best. Claressa Shields, Shevchenko, fights with people like Jorinna Baars or even training with the girl that submitted Nunes back in 2008. She's actually constantly evolving rather than stagnating and getting overtaken like so many other champs.

Very disappointing performance for Anderson in her UFC debut. Still has big holes in her grappling, got controlled against the fence, got taken and held down and really didn't have an answer. Holly Holm has never out wrestled anyone and she took Anderson down 4 times and Anderson couldn't do a thing about it, not a good look.

But at striking range Anderson is always effective and she was winning the exchanges against Holm.

Zingano will most likely get TD's against Anderson if she wants them. But on the feet Zingano is in massive danger and she could get hurt and stopped at any time. I think Zingano needs to grind Anderson out for 3 rounds to win. Anderson is a BJJ purple belt and I think her defense is good enough to survive Zingano on the ground.

I'm sure Anderson is working hard to fix the holes in her game, she's the younger, bigger, more dangerous fighter in this match up.

Not sold on Zingano being back just because she beat a 40 year old school teacher with no TDD. Still lost 3 of her last 4, 36 years old, concussion problems.

Zingano is a much better grappler than Holm but she's not as powerful of an athlete. I can totally see Anderson hurting Zingano and Zingano not reacting well and looking for the door. I don't think Zingano is the athlete or competitor she once was. When Zingano fought Tate it looked like she was on roids, very different fighter from today.

I do not expect Cat to take Megan down as easily as Holly did. Cat is pretty strong and agressive though so she will probably get one or two big TDs early in the fight but I think Megan matches up better with Cat than Holly.

Holly is much more of a swift fighter with a very technical approach compared to Cat. She uses a lot of angles, directions switches, chaining together td's while on the other hand Cat relies more on muscleing her techniques, often big throws and stuff like that, stuff that will be easier for Megan to defend in comparison to defending Hollys TDs.

Haven't watched any tape yet so I haven't made any decision but right now it feels like the value is on Megan since she's the underdog, imo

When I look more and more tape on Latifi-Anderson I'm getting the feels that this is Anderson's fight to lose?... Latifi has puncher's chance and not a particularly big one IMO. Guy gets tired after a round and he is not very clever in setting up his takedowns or his punches. He can be hard to time during the first round and every one of his KO wins (except one) has been inside the 1st round. After that what he does becomes pretty repetitive and easy to see by the opponent.
So good hedge would be Latifi in rd.1 if you want to feel a little safer about your Corey bet.

Have you ever seen Shields boxing? You should watch that.
Edit: some quotes from enterely different thread where @executionermma said some important things about women's boxing.
Have YOU ever watched Claressa Shields box?! Seems like you haven't if you're gonna ask that then give quotes about how womens boxing is garbage. She's on another level and my point was that Cyborg didn't look totally out of her element like most wmma fighters would in their sparring session, including Nunes imo.

Don't trust Wood's defense, though I do feel like it's going to be a quick R1 stoppage in that fight. Just not sure who.
I'm confident Wood wins one way or another. Even if worst case scenario happens and Wood gets tagged and hurt, I know Wood can fight through it and still come out on top.

Ewell is a scrub, I don't think beating 2018 Barao means as much as some people think it does, he's totally shot. If you can get past the 1st round with Barao, you'll probably beat him because he gets tired and gives up after 5 minutes. Prior to joining the UFC, Ewell had a war and was getting knocked around by Dinis Paiva (11-6).

Wood is the much more valuable prospect. He's 5 years younger, CW champ, bigger following and the UFC needs Euro prospects. UFC want Wood to win and that why they gave him a guy like Ewell, it's another good test and one Wood should pass.

Wood trains under Brad Pickett at Titan Fighters in London. Wood says it's the TAM of the UK, lots of smaller guys to work with. Wood also says he's got guys in his gym that give him good looks for Ewell.

The last time Wood fought a southpaw it was Vaughn Lee and Wood dominated that fight, landed a lot of inside leg kicks and just overwhelmed him with pressure and damage. I think Wood could really damage Ewell's skinny legs if he commits to the low kicks.

IDK how you don't take Wood in this fight, I'm really surprised it's a pick'em, I think Wood should be around -250.

I do not expect Cat to take Megan down as easily as Holly did. Cat is pretty strong and agressive though so she will probably get one or two big TDs early in the fight but I think Megan matches up better with Cat than Holly.

Holly is much more of a swift fighter with a very technical approach compared to Cat. She uses a lot of angles, directions switches, chaining together td's while on the other hand Cat relies more on muscleing her techniques, often big throws and stuff like that, stuff that will be easier for Megan to defend in comparison to defending Hollys TDs.

Haven't watched any tape yet so I haven't made any decision but right now it feels like the value is on Megan since she's the underdog, imo
I don't know if Cat will take Megan down as easily as Holly did, I don't know how much Megan has improved since the Holly fight (probably not enough).

But here's the thing, Cat is a way better wrestler and grappler than Holly, way better.

Besides Megan, who has Holly Holm ever out wrestled? No one. And the take downs I saw in the Megan fight didn't impress me. I think it says more about how bad Megans TDD was, not how good Holms wrestling is.

Zingano is one of the best TD artist at 135, I would argue her wrestling is the most impressive part of her game. Cat has a lot of variety in her TD arsenal, doubles, singles, lateral drops, you name it. Look at her fight metric stats, she TD's almost everyone she fights, multiple times.

If Megan fights Cat with the same TDD she brought to the Holm fight, she will get dominated. Because she couldn't stop the TD and she couldn't get back to her feet, all this will be much worse vs Zingano. Cat isn't quite the athlete Holm is but it's not much of a step down, Cat is still a decent athlete and she has the physicality to compete at 145.

Even though this match favors Cat stylistically, I don't trust her at all, inconsistent, lost 3 of her last 4, 36 years old, concussion problems. One big shot from Megan could change everything in this fight.

Last edited:
Siyar Bahadurzarda has been at Jackson Wink for the last 8 months. Says he's "healthy, no major injuries, had a great camp, on another level and will show a new Siyar."

This guy is a real darkhorse in this division, his last two opponents could KO'd cold, including a 6'3" MW, Siyar hits hard. Against Chagas, he lands the toe stab to the liver and then lands the uppercut to the head as Chagas falls, putting him to sleep, awesome

Millender entered the UFC as a +140 dog vs Alves, that just shows how much people knew about Milleneder.

Millender's defense isn't great, Nick Barnes was tagging him and won the 1st round, Millender has gotten better since then but it wasn't long ago. Millender also can't do a damn thing once you put him on his back and he's not that hard to TD either.

I believe Siyar has success where ever this fight goes and I like the momentum he is carrying.

Last edited:
I don't know if Cat will take Megan down as easily as Holly did, I don't know how much Megan has improved since the Holly fight (probably not enough).

But here's the thing, Cat is a way better wrestler and grappler than Holly, way better.

Besides Megan, who has Holly Holm ever out wrestled? No one. And the take downs I saw in the Megan fight didn't impress me. I think it says more about how bad Megans TDD was, not how good Holms wrestling is.

Zingano is one of the best TD artist at 135, I would argue her wrestling is the most impressive part of her game. Cat has a lot of variety in her TD arsenal, doubles, singles, lateral drops, you name it. Look at her fight metric stats, she TD's almost everyone she fights, multiple times.

If Megan fights Cat with the same TDD she brought to the Holm fight, she will get dominated. Because she couldn't stop the TD and she couldn't get back to her feet, all this will be much worse vs Zingano. Cat isn't quite the athlete Holm is but it's not much of a step down, Cat is still a decent athlete and she has the physicality to compete at 145.

Even though this match favors Cat stylistically, I don't trust her at all, inconsistent, lost 3 of her last 4, 36 years old, concussion problems. One big shot from Megan could change everything in this fight.

I agree, the fight against Holm was terrible for Megan, but bad to me, I"m a fan boy and I think she is young, strong, technical and can learn quickly new things, I expect that she will come strong in this one, with a gameplan and the motivation to put the win.

Have YOU ever watched Claressa Shields box?!
Yes.
Seems like you haven't if you're gonna ask that then give quotes about how womens boxing is garbage.
I could write it myself, but my english is not the best, so I decided to use quote from a guy that wrote it in proper english and obviously he have watched a lot more women boxing than I have.
...Cyborg didn't look totally out of her element like most wmma fighters would in their sparring session, including Nunes imo.
What do you talking about? Cyborg was tagging her a lot! And she was going easy on her because Claressa was a guest in her gym!

Claressa just have faster hands and slightly cleaner punches. This is all she got. She doesn't have head movement or footwork of any note. Just fast swings - and this is sparring situation where it's supposed to be technique oriented. On top of that she is practically unbeaten in her amateur career and multiple gold medalist. And this is the best of the best wboxing can offer.
like most wmma fighters would in their sparring session, including Nunes imo.
I can tell you right now that Raquel Pennington (maybe one of the worst athletes @ 135 right now) not only can hang with most female boxers in sparring situation, she can win a fight or two in pro boxing. She almost beat Holly in their fight if you don't remember. And it's not like she wrestled her, she didn't even use kicks, just punches. And Holly is supposed to be the amazing boxer. We saw how that went...

Last edited:
In the clip below you'll see Valentina and Cris do drills side by side. I noticed how stiff and slow is Cris compared to Valentina. It's not a surprise, Valentina does this shit since she was a small child and she is significantly smaller than Cris. But this could play a big role in Cris' fight v Amanda. I remember the big speed disadvantage Amanda had in her fight v Valentina. She won't have any disadvantage in speed now, not only that - she will be the faster girl.
watch

Lol! Drills?

It was an MT Jazzercise routine that Val created and Cyborg obviously had never done

If you make up a dance and practice that dance for months. Then spring that dance on the greatest dancer on earth. Who do you think would look better doing that dance? You would even though you are not the better dancer

Lol! Drills?

It was an MT Jazzercise routine that Val created and Cyborg obviously had never done

If you make up a dance and practice that dance for months. Then spring that dance on the greatest dancer on earth. Who do you think would look better doing that dance? You would even though you are not the better dancer
I don't think the issue really matters, but I'm not sure if that's true. Good dancers will be have to pick up complex choreography fast and if the dancing consists of just 3 or 4 pretty common moves like that clip is they will should be easily able to internalize that in a matter of minutes. I'll give her a pass on the spinning elbow, but Cyborg looked noticeably stiff and uncoordinated even throwing some basic knees, things she should be pretty comfortable with.

Sup boys new poaster here

Fights/ odds that stand out

Uriah Hall at evens
Chad Mendez -150
Cyborg -250 roughly

Well that is gonna be expensive as hell to do.

So he didn't even reingest anymore and USADA cleared him, NSAC is just being shit.

Last edited:
LOL.. UFC and USADA giving zero fucks about Jones popping time and time again.

Back