UFC 232 Jones vs Gustafsson II

Well that is gonna be expensive as hell to do.

So he didn't even reingest anymore and USADA cleared him, NSAC is just being shit.
That's what they're telling you... don't know how anyone can believe what comes out of USADA in 2018

A picogram is a one-trillionth of a gram,” Novitzky told MMAjunkie. “If you put one grain of salt on the table and split it up into 50 million pieces, a picogram is one of those pieces of that gram of salt. These levels have shown up in the single and double digits of picograms – so such a small amount.”

Just find this funny how he say a picogram is one trillionth of a gram, which is correct, but then says to split a gram of salt into 50 million pieces and one piece would be a picogram. Didn't know one out of 50 million is equal to one trillionth. Apparently I have to go back to maths.

If I’m paying -300 on Jones I better be getting more than trace amounts of steroids in his system

who gives a shit if they're still fighting, ppl love to be outraged over nothing
Doesn't matter for us watching at home, but it's going to be an expensive annoying mess for cornermen and fans who have to switch hotel and flights now.

A picogram is a one-trillionth of a gram,” Novitzky told MMAjunkie. “If you put one grain of salt on the table and split it up into 50 million pieces, a picogram is one of those pieces of that gram of salt. These levels have shown up in the single and double digits of picograms – so such a small amount.”

Just find this funny how he say a picogram is one trillionth of a gram, which is correct, but then says to split a gram of salt into 50 million pieces and one piece would be a picogram. Didn't know one out of 50 million is equal to one trillionth. Apparently I have to go back to maths.
Pretty sure he said a grain of salt not a gram.

That's what they're telling you... don't know how anyone can believe what comes out of USADA in 2018
He's popped 3 times but every time there's been solid evidence supporting him. Especially this time when he's got USADA, CSAC, UFC and other major independent sporting organisations all on his side. I'm all for saying no smoke without fire but I'm also gonna agree with multiple experts opinions over whatever generic consensus the average MMA fan decides on.

I don't even like Jones, but I still don't think there is convincing evidence that he is some sort of crazy steroid cheat. I know most people seem to think I'm nuts cause of that but that's just how it is. I don't recall the first time but the circumstances surrounding the last two times where he has popped for turinabol all indicate it was from one accidental dosage in amount far below what even one regular dosage would be to the point where it would have no impact on his performance.

I don't see any experts with a convincing and remotely concrete argument against Jones, just the superficial 'he's a steroid cheat!' type of stuff without any deeper thought on it.

I don't think the issue really matters, but I'm not sure if that's true. Good dancers will be have to pick up complex choreography fast and if the dancing consists of just 3 or 4 pretty common moves like that clip is they will should be easily able to internalize that in a matter of minutes. I'll give her a pass on the spinning elbow, but Cyborg looked noticeably stiff and uncoordinated even throwing some basic knees, things she should be pretty comfortable with.

Not if the first time that dancer has seen the dance is while the person is doing it to their side.

Come on man, you can see Cyborg watching her as she does it. This is ridiculous

He's popped 3 times but every time there's been solid evidence supporting him. Especially this time when he's got USADA, CSAC, UFC and other major independent sporting organisations all on his side. I'm all for saying no smoke without fire but I'm also gonna agree with multiple experts opinions over whatever generic consensus the average MMA fan decides on.

I don't even like Jones, but I still don't think there is convincing evidence that he is some sort of crazy steroid cheat. I know most people seem to think I'm nuts cause of that but that's just how it is. I don't recall the first time but the circumstances surrounding the last two times where he has popped for turinabol all indicate it was from one accidental dosage in amount far below what even one regular dosage would be to the point where it would have no impact on his performance.

I don't see any experts with a convincing and remotely concrete argument against Jones, just the superficial 'he's a steroid cheat!' type of stuff without any deeper thought on it.
So why isn't DC constantly getting oops mistakes like this or GSP or Bisping when he was active? Is Jones just really unlucky that he keeps getting caught for false positives?

I'm no expert. Jones is a cheat and USADA is corrupt.

So why isn't DC constantly getting oops mistakes like this or GSP or Bisping when he was active? Is Jones just really unlucky that he keeps getting caught for false positives?
I'm not saying it is false positives but he is always testing positive for such tiny amounts it's clear it isn't there to have any actual benefit. Last time the amount was below one single dosage let alone a how PED programme now this time it's as Novitzky said, a trillionth of a gram and all those organisations concluded he hadn't reingested the substance again.

As for the first time that was him being a dumbass taking dick pills from a dodgy source, I don't recall the exact details tbh but the last 2 times especially really don't indicate he was using PED's to cheat.

If you are going to try and cheat especially when you are under so much scrutiny and testing why would you take an out of date steroid in an ineffective amount, that is so easy to detect and you know will be detected as you are going to get the one and only USADA test that you know you are going to get as it's fight week?

If Jones is guilty of anything it's being dumb taking supplements, pills or whatever from shitty sources. As far as I'm concerned the likelihood of him just getting trace amounts through some external factor and not being a cheat is far higher than him quite frankly being the most utterly retarded guy on the UFC roster. I may not like the guy, but he's isn't that stupid.

Last edited:
Not if the first time that dancer has seen the dance is while the person is doing it to their side.

I think we can find better points of reference than dance-capping! ;)

I'm not saying it is false positives but he is always testing positive for such tiny amounts it's clear it isn't there to have any actual benefit. Last time the amount was below one single dosage let alone a how PED programme now this time it's as Novitzky said, a trillionth of a gram and all those organisations concluded he hadn't reingested the substance again.

As for the first time that was him being a dumbass taking dick pills from a dodgy source, I don't recall the exact details tbh but the last 2 times especially really don't indicate he was using PED's to cheat.

If you are going to try and cheat especially when you are under so much scrutiny and testing why would you take an out of date steroid in an ineffective amount, that is so easy to detect and you know will be detected as you are going to get the one and only USADA test that you know you are going to get as it's fight week?

If Jones is guilty of anything it's being dumb taking supplements, pills or whatever from shitty sources. As far as I'm concerned the likelihood of him just getting trace amounts through some external factor and not being a cheat is far higher than him quite frankly being the most utterly retarded guy on the UFC roster. I may not like the guy, but he's isn't that stupid.
Sorry man.. Im not getting into a huge argument about this (the heavies are funnier for this) but we cant keep making excuses for Jones.
If it was another fighter.. a first time offender.. cool. But Jones is a shady motherfucker. From the cocaine, hit and run, underage girls, steroids, bragging about eyepoking opponents... etc. The guy is a piece of shit.
Also is the only guy in a 500 fighters roster with this kind of problems.

Sucks for Gus and all of us that have placed bets on him. I truly believe that Gus beats the crap out of a clean Jones.
Sad we might never get to see that fight since Jones has an USADA free pass.

So why isn't DC constantly getting oops mistakes like this or GSP or Bisping when he was active?
Or about other +400 fighters on the roster?

Sorry man.. Im not getting into a huge argument about this (the heavies are funnier for this) but we cant keep making excuses for Jones.
I understand what you're saying completely it's ridiculous how many times this guy makes dumb mistakes but equally that seems to be more or less what they are from the evidence. I think Jones is a complete dick, I don't like him, his fights or pretty much anything about him, I just feel if we start unfairly brandishing guys cheats and damaging their careers it's going to inevitably ruin the careers of the decent guys in the sport.

Now I just hope Gus destroys him next week.

If it was another fighter.. a first time offender.. cool. But Jones is a shady motherfucker. From the cocaine, hit and run, underage girls, steroids, bragging about eyepoking opponents... etc. The guy is a piece of shit.
Also is the only guy in a 500 fighters roster with this kind of problems.

Sucks for Gus and all of us that have placed bets on him. I truly believe that Gus beats the crap out of a clean Jones.
Sad we might never get to see that fight since Jones has an USADA free pass.

Or about other +400 fighters on the roster?
what is this heavies i've heard about

We're not really talking about a minute long complex set of dance moves, first set was just a front kick to a knee, then switched, even after she learned the moves she still looked pretty awkward considering those attacks are from her muay thai background. Anyway....I don't think it's a big deal, just don't think the comparison was apt.

Things I'm pretty sure of:

1. JBJ is a cheater.
2. JBJ is looking passed Gus
3. I will be betting Gus

If anything, i'm even more confident in jones now. He is a disgusting guy but he's great at fighting plus juiced.

Back