UFC Fight Night: Cannonier vs Gastelum - Discussion Thread

I think that Gastelum has regressed since coming to middleweight. His boxing used to be crispest in the division.

Now he just spams 1-2's and everyone seems to get the better of him on the feet these days.

He's been saying this is the fight is to show his championship potential. So you might think he'll pull out all the stops for this one.

However, what stopped him from doing that before losing 4 in his 6. Fight age is more important than real age, Cannonier has had 18 to Gastelum's 24.

Gastelum has always just used the 1-2 over and over, that's all he has, and a decent back take at times

Gastelum has always just used the 1-2 over and over, that's all he has, and a decent back take at times

True, and maybe because everyone knows his game more. But I remember being super impressed in the timing in that 1-2 that put out Bisping.

I know it wasn't super impressive because he was rocked a few weeks earlier. But at least to me that showed a level of boxing he hasn't shown in a while.

Fun Fact: his boxing coach was the one that trained Mike Tyson in his exhibition with Roy.

Gastelums best attribute these days seems to be his durability. His hands are fast and he does hold some power but he really doesn't do that much.

Saying that Cannonier off a lay off and old as fuck, who knows what Cannonier really has. I loved him when he moved to Middle weight, he looked so dangerous, but I'm not so sure now

Neto is going to be the final nail in the coffin for Alhassan. Fat welterweight who got ragdolled last fight now going against a BJJ world champ whose 5 inches taller and fought at LHW. He's getting strangled.

3 year lay off for Neto and he was trash then, but yeah probably.

This card is just a bangers card, should be a lot of ITD's and unders hitting, may just avoid the majority of the money lines and play props

Don't overthink this, Izzy took Kelvin's soul.

Kelvin to this day still gets respect from bookies for going 5 and holding his own against Izzy.

How does he get respect when he opens as nearly a 3 to 1 dog?

How does he get respect when he opens as nearly a 3 to 1 dog?

He opened at -240.

-150 vs Hermansson, -155 against Till(closed -225), and I guess in hindsight his opener against Heinisch was about right, but that's his biggest and only win as of lately, and we all saw how horrible Heinisch looked in his last fight.

Looks like I was right about the over/unders in the Pichel/Hubbard and Guida/Madsen fights. The DEC props are decent and Royval ITD at 325 is ok. Alhassan and Neto ITD props look ok. Cannonier and Gastelum DEC props are both over +200.

Anyone think Pichel can TKO/SUB Hubbard? Pichel seems durable and he's probably not getting subbed.

I really doubt a finish in Guida/Madsen, but that injury layoff for Madsen is a concern.

If I see surgery scars on Cannonier's arm then I'll be pretty concerned about his injury. If they aren't there, then he just fractured it. I can't find any photos showing his arm though. The over/under is 4.5 and no + money on either side except at a couple books.

I'm not liking too much on this card. Probably gonna pass.

Looks like I was right about the over/unders in the Pichel/Hubbard and Guida/Madsen fights. The DEC props are decent and Royval ITD at 325 is ok. Alhassan and Neto ITD props look ok. Cannonier and Gastelum DEC props are both over +200.

Anyone think Pichel can TKO/SUB Hubbard? Pichel seems durable and he's probably not getting subbed.

I really doubt a finish in Guida/Madsen, but that injury layoff for Madsen is a concern.

If I see surgery scars on Cannonier's arm then I'll be pretty concerned about his injury. If they aren't there, then he just fractured it. I can't find any photos showing his arm though. The over/under is 4.5 and no + money on either side except at a couple books.

I'm not liking too much on this card. Probably gonna pass.
Doubt Pichel picks up a finish. Dude's a grimy fighter and Hubbard's been durable save for the Solecki fight.

just FYI crypto is extremely easy to setup these days - I can walk ya through the easiest way to do it and the payout is faster and, in my case, it goes to a cold wallet storage. I also just hold my crypto which consistently has gone up since I started using it to withdraw. Can’t recommend it enough and am around for a PM to help you set it up. You have to have powder though to use crypto so if a CC is easier than liquid cash, stick to your methods- I’m weary of credit card companies and major banks though and keep the vast majority of my portfolio in untraceable off line wallets

Serious question what Crypto do you have that has been constantly going up because from what I see all cryptos for the past 2 months have been tanking

3 year lay off for Neto and he was trash then, but yeah probably.

This card is just a bangers card, should be a lot of ITD's and unders hitting, may just avoid the majority of the money lines and play props

I disagree I see only 4 finishes out of the 14 fights but bets of luck to you

...he opened at +195. That's not even a two to one dog(close though obviously).

Not sure why you're saying, "he opened as nearly a three to one dog" or maybe I'm getting trolled, I'm not on here a lot.

I thought 3 to 1 meant 3.00, but anyways he still opened as a decent sized dog, the bookies dont show Gas that much respect. He opened almost the same price against Whittaker as he did Cannonier.

No, we say that around here (Midwest), too.

Well I guess its not a New york thing Lol. Im talking to this female from New york and she said im going to the boduega(not sure if thats how you spell it) And I was liek wtf is that apparently its a corner store lol.

Its Bodega*** I think lol

ETH is up like 75% in the last month.

Sorry let me rephrase what I meant in the past month Crypto's have been going up but prior to that they have been dropping then again I am only a lower priced Crypto invester so to say. Ever since Elon went on SNL Crypto's started immedialtely dropping but then again recently they have been going back up

Back