UFC on FOX 30 PBP/Discussion

I really don’t think a stand up warning was warranted there. He could’ve just let him keep that position and told him that

Eddie was warned in rd 1 for grabbing the cage. Watch Eddie's hand clearly grabbing the cage again as he throws the 12-6 elbow with his other arm. He was trying to get more leverage on it.

I don't think Eddie is a dirty fighter, I just think rules kinda go out the window to a degree when the fight starts. He just unconsciously does illegal stuff without realizing he's doing it.

Shit, I don’t think that elbow even hit.

The cage grab as he threw it warranted the standup though. He was already warned in rd 1 for grabbing the cage.

That straight left he throws it short and piston quick but fuck it seems to do some damage

Marc Goddard such a little shit, happy for the diamond tho

I hate Marc Goddard.

Condolences man. I actually tailed your parlay in the bets thread but switched the main event to over 1.5 rounds.

Seriously? I didn't have that option. How much did you win?

LOL everyone shitting on Goddard. I had Eddie too, but c'mon. He was warned in rd 1 for grabbing the cage. He CLEARLY grabbed it again to get leverage on an illegal elbow. Forget the 12-6 elbow, the second time you grab the cage after being warned already, of course you are going to lose an advantageous position. How is that Goddard messing up? I think he's screwed up plenty, but not this time.

made way too many side bets and stupidly hit aldo dec instead of ml.

went degen on dp dec or ko though for a small profit overall.

It hit his shoulder
I’ll have to watch it again, I saw what Poirier said but when I saw the reply, it looked like maybe it grazed him.

Even so, Goddard was in no position to see if it connected. A warning works but you can’t stand them up.

The cage grab as he threw it warranted the standup though. He was already warned in rd 1 for grabbing the cage.
I don’t know if Goddard saw that and the warning was for the elbow. Didn’t hear him mention the cage grab

Btw can we do away with that nonsensical 12-6 elbow rule? Its 2018. That shouldn’t have been a factor

LOL everyone shitting on Goddard. I had Eddie too, but c'mon. He was warned in rd 1 for grabbing the cage. He CLEARLY grabbed it again to get leverage on an illegal elbow. Forget the 12-6 elbow, the second time you grab the cage after being warned already, of course you are going to lose an advantageous position. How is that Goddard messing up? I think he's screwed up plenty, but not this time.

He fucked up the OAM/Hernandez fight too. But I didn't bet on that one (or Eddie), I bet the over 2.5 at +100.
Damnit.

full

I agree but you have to see it.

I don't think you can complain if a guy was previously warned for an infraction, does the same infraction again simultaneously with ANOTHER infraction, and the ref takes away an advantageous position due to calling out the other infraction instead of the one he'd already been warned for. For all we know, Goddard did see both and just called him out for the one but figured with all the different infractions the fight needed to be stood up regardless.

It's just nitpicking it the argument is "Well, this time Goddard called him out for a different infraction and possibly didn't see him grabbing the cage again". I don't think that argument holds any water honestly.

Back