UFC without Dana White (Speculation)

The man was against most, if not all of the things that made UFC money. TUF outright saved it. He spits all over the fighters he’s supposed to be promoting and building up. I’d say there’s also a talent evaluation problem. Evident with the fact most of the belts wound up in the hands of Strikeforce fighters after the merger.

I have never liked Dana White.

I could see Chael taking over for Dana down the road. He's almost as corrupt, but loves the fight game, and sure as hell knows how to promote a fight. lol

Pink Goof is a greedy douche-nozzle, but no one can deny the amount of time and work the guy has put into building the UFC over the years.

He did it for the fans and fighters bro. Not for the money.

He is doing exactly what the Fertitas and now WME want him to do.. He is the face of the UFC franchise.

heard he and the fertitas are going to the next thing. rollerball.

Daniel Cormier would be the best candidate for ufc president after dana.

Idk why

Throw a boat load of cash at Scott Coker and let him run with the ball.
You don't hear much negative talk about him and fighers seem to like and respect him. The organizations he's been with have put on some damn great fights / cards as well.

Scott Coker or Shane O’Mac

Coker knows the game and Shane has grown up in the worldwide wwe machine.

This is the face of the brand..
<31>

I wouldn't have a problem seeing him go. He's supposed to promote, yet criticises fighters more than we do on Sherdog.
Is the criticism worth the same if he attempts to build a fighter?

Without Dana and Rogan a lot of fans will lose interest in MMA almost no fighters know how to promote themselves.

Perhaps you're right? Chop guys like Dana and Joe off to allow these fighters to develop themselves and their products would be game changing. It would force these guys/gals to strategically set up a system that would benefit them best. Maybe?

Dana has obviously done a great job to get the UFC to this point.

However, it's plateaued. It's not gonna reach any new heights with Dana at the helm, it will always remain a niche sport with a limited audience. If they bring in a true businessman with experience who has legitimate respect for the fighters and the fight game, the UFC could be taken to the next level. It could breach the mainstream sports audience and grow exponentially from what it is today. It's time to make a change.
Yeah, I definitely like where you're understanding is with potential change. Perhaps we've reached the limit with DW.

I could see Chael taking over for Dana down the road. He's almost as corrupt, but loves the fight game, and sure as hell knows how to promote a fight. lol

Pink Goof is a greedy douche-nozzle, but no one can deny the amount of time and work the guy has put into building the UFC over the years.
Dude, I usually agree with almost everything you say, but Chael is a convicted felon. The felony included some dirty bookkeeping. I dont see WME going near him

GSP will have Dana's job one day.

Without Dana and Rogan a lot of fans will lose interest in MMA almost no fighters know how to promote themselves.

Right and wrong IMO.

Dana focuses firstly on promoting the UFC brand, and secondly on promoting himself "Dana the CEO". He pictures himself like Richard Branson. He does a shit job on promoting fighters which is why he relies heavily on already-famous personalities like Lesnar and CM Punk, or on obnoxious attention-seeking fighters like Sonnen, Rousey and Mcgregor who're brilliant at self-promotion.

This picture says it all. He wants to be the biggest UFC star.
jwuDLaH.jpg

On the other end of the spectrum, we had the amazing promotional machine Pride. Discussions of PEDs and fixed fights aside, Pride promoted the heck out of their fighters. They took fighters with some of the most boring personalities like Fedor and Nog and turned them into superstars and Greek gods. Brilliant self-promoters like Sakuraba and Genki Sudo didn't have to resort to obnoxious and crass antics to be noticed. And while Pride did use some WWE-style promotions, it wasn't all fake animosity and most of it was done backstage and kept out of the ring, unlike the nonsense we saw inside the cage with Lesnar and DC.

And on top of that, I still have no idea who the Pride CEO was. Because it's irrelevant.

Without Dana, UFC might lose many casuals in the short term, but if the new CEO does his job properly in promoting fighters (which he should be), I have no doubt the casuals will be returning in droves, and good fighters with boring personalities would get the recognition they rightfully deserve, and UFC would be well on its way to becoming a proper sporting company instead of the circus show it's devolving into. And hopefully with proper management, they won't drive themselves into the ground like Pride.

Dana wants to be fired so he can get his golden parachute and finally work full time on Zuffa Boxing with his friends - the Fertitta bros.

Zuffa Boxing = WME

WME & investors bought ZuffaLLC

Throw a boat load of cash at Scott Coker and let him run with the ball.
You don't hear much negative talk about him and fighers seem to like and respect him. The organizations he's been with have put on some damn great fights / cards as well.

i get dana isnt the best guy for the job, but why do ppl think coker is? didnt he run down several promotions in his career?

i say let one of these matchmaker guys a shot. u never know.. somebodys out there. hell. i could give it a trial run for like 6 months for a measly 70k and i bet i couldnt do worse than dana.

Dana White's face doesn't put asses on the seats. You're overrating his star potential.

The UFC has secretaries, accountants, lawyers, stagehands, and tech guys who do most of the work. You can easily replace Dana White with Chael Sonnen.

When Dana leaves I expect UFC / MMA to go way of boxing. Dana is pos no doubt but he leaves an we will go to a era where noone fights till it "marinates" . Look at Boxing you got 2 of the greatest fighters in Boxing in prime ion Spence n Crawford - right around same weight an won't fight til maybe .........2 or 3 years. That fight would of already been made if in UFC.. careful what ya wish for fellas

there's a real line in the sand with this thread. morons will say "dana's a joke" and the ufc doesn't need him etc. people who understand the sport and have been around awhile understand that dana is most likely the best promotor in combat sports history and that the ufc wouldn't be where it is today without him. if he retired, the ufc would surely take a massive hit. that being said, he's also a total douchebag and I can't stand him

If dana left, WME's 4 billion dollar project will crash and burn.

Back