UFN 133 Dos Santos vs Ivanov July 14

junior-dos-santos-blagoy-ivanov-ufc-fight-night-133-official-weigh-ins.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

JDS doesn't need beach muscles or 'roids to outbox Ivanov. It's not like Blagoy is a physical specimen with low body fat himself, he has natural strength. Blagoy might catch him with an overhand right or something in a clinch if he can get it, but JDS is much better of a boxer at range unless he has fallen way off.

JDS doesn't need beach muscles or 'roids to outbox Ivanov. It's not like Blagoy is a physical specimen with low body fat himself, he has natural strength. Blagoy might catch him with an overhand right or something in a clinch if he can get it, but JDS is much better of a boxer at range unless he has fallen way off.

This is what I'm thinking. I would definitely not bet Blagoy no matter what. But I'm on JDS and I'm starting to wonder if I should regret it.

OTOH Mendes is in big trouble vs Jury if his explosiveness and power are diminished with 7" reach disadvantage. I'm going heavy on Myles.

Chad has aged from 30 to 33 since his last fight. Why would his speed have not fallen off completely?

Umm you realize guys "get old" at different times in their careers right? 33 isn't ancient, and he's taken zero damage over the last 3 years. Is it possible he looks much slower? Sure. But no way would I say it's likely. We don't know.

Umm you realize guys "get old" at different times in their careers right? 33 isn't ancient, and he's taken zero damage over the last 3 years. Is it possible he looks much slower? Sure. But no way would I say it's likely. We don't know.

They get old depending on their styles.

33 is mid-prime for bigger weight classes because they are less speed dependent. And maybe some smaller guys who thrive on skill can stay relevant for a while. But speed is the first thing to go in the 30's, so a fighter like Mendes who is HEAVILY dependent on speed with short arms is going to be a clear candidate for a big regression even without USADA.

They get old depending on their styles.

33 is mid-prime for bigger weight classes because they are less speed dependent. And maybe some smaller guys who thrive on skill can stay relevant for a while. But speed is the first thing to go in the 30's, so a fighter like Mendes who is HEAVILY dependent on speed with short arms is going to be a clear candidate for a big regression even without USADA.

I don't really have stats to back it up, but I think there are guys in their 30's in the lower divisions that seem to be fast as hell still. The obvious being Mighty Mouse. Dodson would be another. Dillashaw comes to mind too. It seems the speed regression is more prevalent in the divisions like WW, MW, LHW.

I'm playing 1u on Cat, Brown, and Scoggins.

Mendes down to -135

Wow

Scoggins dec +275 at 365, one of the best lines on the card.

Watching Courtney Casey beat jag striking off her back
Going to be tough to take jag. Esquibel would have to be really terrible

Jag makes Casey look like a world class striker

She could take Casey down but I think she enjoys getting punched and kicked in the head. Brick level fight iq

I will say she is tough and relentless though, which can take you far in low level wmma

Last edited:
Watching Courtney Casey beat jag striking off her back
Going to be tough to take jag. Esquibel would have to be really terrible

Jag makes Casey look like a world class striker

She could take Casey down but I think she enjoys getting punched and kicked in the head. Brick level fight iq

I will say she is tough and relentless though, which can take you far in low level wmma
Esquibel is a bum compared to Casey.. Jag was at huge reach disadvantage vs Casey not something she have worry about here vs the Midget Esquibel

Esquibel is a bum compared to Casey.. Jag was at huge reach disadvantage vs Casey not something she have worry about here vs the Midget Esquibel
Oh yea. She didn’t know what to do with that reach. Totally out of her element there.
I can’t put a lot of stick in that fight. The takeaways are that she’s super tough and just keeps coming. She can wrestle if she chooses to.

Watching her against gadelha. Her striking is bum level. She just puts her head down and bites that mouthpiece and chucks hooks and overhands.

When gadelha got tired Jessica did much better. When she had a little space was able to work her leg kicks

If I knew she was capable of excecuting a wrestling gameplan I would bet her against esquibel at +125

I’m still hesitant

Lotta money came in Myles Jury after the weigh-in faceoffs.

Back