UFN 157 on ESPN+ 15 Andrade vs Zhang

John Hyon Ko of Kumite TV has all the UFC Shenzhen coverage this week including open workouts below and interviews at his channel:

My only bet on this card so far is 5U on Andre at -170. I think he should be -250, maybe a bit more. I think the Tibetan Eagle is going to be struggling not to get finished for most of the fight. May also pull the trigger on some inside the distance action.

That bitch yanan wu is 3lbs overweight. Hopefully it makes inoue's price even better I still think she wins.

Official main event weigh-ins.

Jessica Andrade 114.5 lbs.

Weili Zhang 115 lbs.

Ceremonial weigh-ins will be live on YouTube at 7 am ET.

tenor.gif

I cant help but wonder what the context to this gif is

Su Mudaerji is a can crusher who fights with his hands down to throw spinning shit against bus drivers. I don’t get the line even if Andre loses, it makes no sense.
I'm on Souk as well.
But this is why:
View attachment 637465
Maybe he was concussed beyond all reasoning. But he lost to that guy in that condition.
I don’t know if it was the diversity of O’Malley’s striking arsenal or the overall pressure, but Souk was frozen most of the fight. Mudaeri seems underwhelming, but it’s not neccessarily a bad stylistic match-up.

Anyone like fight goes to decision at +140 for the jingliang vs zeleski fight? Two durable guys throwing down and I don't see jingliang getting bullied to the ground and submitted easily like say Millender.

I don’t know if it was the diversity of O’Malley’s striking arsenal or the overall pressure, but Souk was frozen most of the fight. Mudaeri seems underwhelming, but it’s not neccessarily a bad stylistic match-up.
Feel this has been ignored a bit, and as happy as I was to bet Souk, I'm still gambling on him to show a degree of intelligence and push forward a bit striking or wrestling to take away the long kicks of Su. If he sits at range there's a good chance he just gets picked apart like with O'Malley.

Last edited:
Anyone like fight goes to decision at +140 for the jingliang vs zeleski fight? Two durable guys throwing down and I don't see jingliang getting bullied to the ground and submitted easily like say Millender.
Took it for 1u at +150. Most likely I think Jingliang gets dropped at some point but his recovery is always excellent and I'd be surprised if this even went to the ground. This is the kind of fight where most just assume there will be a finish and ignore the actual paths by which one could occur. Only somewhat likely one imo is a Zaleski KO which in no way justifies the FGTD line.

Rose was toying with Andrade on the feet and Zhang definitely is strong enough to keep it standing.

Is anyone actually really confident in any of there picks? Personally I am not, I'm fairly sure Jessica Andrade will win but other than that... Part of me is even thinking that maybe Evolev could be a total hype job and end up like Naurdiev, huge favourite based off not much who gets exposed...

Is anyone actually really confident in any of there picks? Personally I am not, I'm fairly sure Jessica Andrade will win but other than that... Part of me is even thinking that maybe Evolev could be a total hype job and end up like Naurdiev, huge favourite based off not much who gets exposed...
Pretty confident Soukhamthath will run through this guy. Then again, it's Soukhamthath.

Evolev/Lu fight is cancelled. Lu not cleared to fight

Idk boys Andrade has entered jerk territory..

*slams hand on fade the jerk button*

4U ZHANG!

I cant help but wonder what the context to this gif is
I remember, actually one of my favorite LT moments. He was making fun of Don Trump Jr's lifting technique. And he said "If you are defending this moron's dead lift technique, because you like his political opinion SHUTTT UPPPP!"

Anytime someone that is high profile posts a video of lifting, they always get ripped. Donald Trump Jrs deadlift isn't near as bad as people make it out to be. His start position sucks, but other than that, he's on the right track. He keeps the bar close to his shins. Most people with atrocious form have the bar floating far away from their shins. You can tell he understands the basics and mechanics of a deadilft, but like many newbs, he doesn't pay near enough attention to the start position. This is honestly better form than almost most MMA guys that I see post deadlifts.

Evolev/Lu fight is cancelled. Lu not cleared to fight
Gamblenati in shambles

Who will they juice up to -1000? Gotta have a Russian name

Anytime someone that is high profile posts a video of lifting, they always get ripped. Donald Trump Jrs deadlift isn't near as bad as people make it out to be. His start position sucks, but other than that, he's on the right track. He keeps the bar close to his shins. Most people with atrocious form have the bar floating far away from their shins. You can tell he understands the basics and mechanics of a deadilft, but like many newbs, he doesn't pay near enough attention to the start position. This is honestly better form than almost most MMA guys that I see post deadlifts.

Luke is an elitist when it comes to lifting. He fancies himself an expert and barring some olympic caliber perfect form, he was gonna trash Trump based on the fact he dislikes his politics.

This is coming from someone who generally finds Luke's radio show entertaining too. He's pompous but as long as you go in with your eyes open to that you can get some good laughs and entertainment from it.

One thing though that drives me nuts is how he tries to bullshit his way through breaking down fighters that he hasn't seen much of or knows nothing about. Just admit you are spread too thin to be able to know about every prelim fighter and move on. Incant count how many times I've been listening and heard him doing predictions and say something like "Well fighter X has better wrestling so I'll go with him" when the reality is that fighter Y is by far the better wrestler and fighter X is a kickboxer who's desperate to keep the fight standing. You have a national radio show man, don't make up bullshit analysis just because you have to fill air time while doing predictions.

Back