UFN 158 on ESPN+ 16 Cowboy vs Gaethje

Sanchez is a better fighter than MV but as everyone knows has a major conditioning issue. MV is a tough Mf'er and reasonable grappler. Omari fight was a war, took some clean shots to the dome by style bender. I can see this fight playing out 1 of 3 ways:
  1. Sanchez pieces up and wall n' stalls MV to a UD
  2. Sanchez pieces up MV in round 1, does modestly well in round 2 but gasses hard and gets finished in round 3
  3. A portrait of #2 happens but the final bell rings and the score MV a 10-8 3rd resulting in a draw ala a repeat of the Omari fight for MV

Sanchez is a better fighter than MV but as everyone knows has a major conditioning issue. MV is a tough Mf'er and reasonable grappler. Omari fight was a war, took some clean shots to the dome by style bender. I can see this fight playing out 1 of 3 ways:
  2. Sanchez pieces up MV in round 1, does modestly well in round 2 but gasses hard and gets finished in round 3
  3. A portrait of #2 happens but the final bell rings and the score MV a 10-8 3rd resulting in a draw ala a repeat of the Omari fight for MV

Can't remember the last time I prebet a draw, but I've done so here. $20 for $1500

Think you're underrating the possibility that Vettori has surpassed Sanchez at this stage. I mean he lost a split decision to Adesanya + dominated Mutante and is only 25 + still improving. Sanchez just barely squeaked past Marc Andre Barriault and is 31 and pretty much is what he is. 30-27 decision for Vettori is a firm possibility, I think -250 or so is an accurate line for him.

Think you're underrating the possibility that Vettori has surpassed Sanchez at this stage. I mean he lost a split decision to Adesanya + dominated Mutante and is only 25 + still improving. Sanchez just barely squeaked past Marc Andre Barriault and is 31 and pretty much is what he is. 30-27 decision for Vettori is a firm possibility, I think -250 or so is an accurate line for him.

Whoever scored the Adesanya fight for Vettori needs to get their head checked

This. Also, Adesanya has improved drastically in every fight since then. MMA math does not compute. That said, on Vettori by decision as well.

Israel clearly won rounds 1 + 2, but they weren't dominant and Vettori won round 3 by a clearer margin than either of Israel's first two rounds.

It should have been a clear 29-28 Adesanya, but compared to Brunson + Tavares it was a relatively close call for Israel that makes me hesitant to bet against Vettori at this stage.

I legit cap Gaethje at -300+ here I have no idea how Cerrone wins this fight.
I don't think the line is terribly far off. Cerrone has alot of experience and a tool box to back it up. I like his striking better at least from a technical stand point, his straight combinations and kicks are crisp and often devastating. His decent height and reach advantages won't hurt if he can maintain his range.

Big if on the range control as Gaethje does come on strong. One thing I think may hurt JG is how he loves to force a clinch with a wrestling collar tie while throwing shots with his free hand. Cowboy is no slouch in the clinch and could counter with his own neck tie and some massive knees on the shorter less technical fighter.

Back and forth on this one personally. I've got 2.5u on Justin. I think he will crowd Cowboys footwork and out volume him early, either getting a finish or doing enough damage to keep Cerrone from answering back the longer the fight goes.

Last edited:
Pulling out the tin foil hat here. Anyone else think Cerrone blew his nose on purpose, either just to end the bout or as a way to chance a sneaky DQ win over Tony after that late shot after r2?
Just speculation, either way the Ranch Hand Fighting Man is no easy night

Pulling out the tin foil hat here. Anyone else think Cerrone blew his nose on purpose, either just to end the bout or as a way to chance a sneaky DQ win over Tony after that late shot after r2?
Just speculation, either way the Ranch Hand Fighting Man is no easy night
I think he was looking for a way out and he found it. That happens to pretty much everyone against tony tho so..

Ok so i will cash out of my hughes bets and play Katona and Tybura

Barry's "One Play a Day" Results:
sh0lFp2.png
4aPUGhU.png
W6-L4 PROFIT: $10.75

Let's get that money boys.

The keys to success if you want to make money long term sports betting: bankroll management + selective picks + VALUE = Cha-Ching $$$

Yours truly will have another pick coming in due time. Remember, if you find Barrygood1's handicapping picks "a gift from God" just spread the word and give due praise.

The haters have been relentlessly trying to defame me and tarnish my credibility. Every last bettor on this sub forum is here to make money, it just so happens I'm exceptionally good at making them healthy returns. I do this work pro bono (free of charge) and I spend countless hours in my lab crunching the numbers.

I've started seeing patterns in MMA which I am exploiting, but how long I'll continue this is yet to be determined. MMA is still a niche sport to bet on and the public is not very good at judging value.

Tip of the day: Do not be phased if you make a great V-pick and it losses. It means you're handicapping the right way!

- Barry

Anyone think the Hall/ACJ is off? I know Hall isn't great but neither is Shoeface and if if doesn't end up on the mat quickly Hall probably takes him out
I'll probably watch round 1 to see how gassed Shoeface is looking. If Hall is still there after r1 and the odds blow right out I may take a punt

I'll probably watch round 1 to see how gassed Shoeface is looking. If Hall is still there after r1 and the odds blow right out I may take a punt

Probably the best call to be fair, but the second Hall stuffs a takedown that line on him with drop

Back