Economy UN demands Americans to eat less meat

To clarify, sugar means "simple sugar" in my sentence. Nobody ever destroys their health eating apples and blueberries.
I know, and I’m saying simple sugar is good for you. apples and blueberries aren’t starches, they’re the same sugars you put in your coffee

I know, and I’m saying simple sugar is good for you. apples and blueberries aren’t starches, they’re the same sugars you put in your coffee

It's not the sugar that makes fruit healthy, it's the micronutrients and fiber you get with it. As for the glucose and fructose itself. White sugar might be technically the same as something in a fruit (sucrose = glucose and fructose disaccharide), but the practical effect on your body is different. How many Twinkies could you eat in one sitting if you were hungry and didn't hold back? A lot of people could go through the entire box, so 1500 calories, and still become hungry again an hour later. Could you eat 15 apples? You couldn't, you'd likely tap out before getting to 5. Same number of calories, completely different effect on the body.

It's not the sugar that makes fruit healthy, it's the micronutrients and fiber you get with it. As for the glucose and fructose itself. White sugar might be technically the same as something in a fruit (sucrose = glucose and fructose disaccharide), but the practical effect on your body is different. How many Twinkies could you eat in one sitting if you were hungry and didn't hold back? A lot of people could go through the entire box, so 1500 calories, and still become hungry again an hour later. Could you eat 15 apples? You couldn't, you'd likely tap out before getting to 5. Same number of calories, completely different effect on the body.

Similarly people will drink a big glass of fruit juice that contains the equivalent sugar content of eating a dozen apples or oranges and think nothing of it, because its 'fruit'.

Premature death probably balances out their excessive diets.

Also, fuck the UN!

Americans really eat a disgusting amount of meat. I don't mind if we eat all sorts of meat. Stuff like only eating the drums or flats of a wing feels off to me. I honestly don't mind if we eat different parts of the animal and different type of animals.

I have cousins from the UK that currently live in America. Their children don't eat meat with bones in them.

Yes, when people can't afford something, they typically demonize it.

No one eats a bag of sugar in a sitting, it would make you feel sick and wouldn’t particularly taste that good after a few spoons, you’re talking about something highly processed with tons of additives to increase the taste. The sugar is part of why fruit is healthy, obviously not the only part but it’s the most efficient form of energy your body can use so it’s obviously important. You can look at practical effect of calorie matched complex carbohydrates like starch and simple carbohydrates and there’s no difference, obviously becuase it’s the same calories. Twinkie’s, again, highly processed with all this shit in it to add all these different flavours and make it tastier than just white table sugar.

Similarly people will drink a big glass of fruit juice that contains the equivalent sugar content of eating a dozen apples or oranges and think nothing of it, because it’s 'fruit'.
Nothing wrong with this as long as you’re not drinking enough to go over your daily calories

Back