Underdog Predictions (5-4)

Not really thread related but curious on your take, do you think a Mayweather KO over Conor is a foregone conclusion or do you think Conor has a chance to last the full 12 rounds?

I think McGregor can win LOL

People dont like saying Conor has a chance because it relates to the real world. People think that to say Conor can beat Floyd is like a random guy on the street can be a doctor in a few months of studying. If you specialize in something, whatever it is, you'll have great pride in that skill, and if someone who doesnt specialize in that skill comes out of nowhere and goes, "I can do that better than you", you're just going to be like "you're retarded"... which is true most of the times, they are retarded. This is why it's so hard for people to believe that Conor has a chance at winning.

I might have lost a lot of credibility through a lot of sherdoggers eyes with this statement... but this is combat sports... and age plays such a big role. I've watched wayyy too many fights, and it's clear as day that fighters drastically decline after 35, and exponentially decline after 38. Going from 38 to 40 without having any fights in between is not a good thing for Floyd. There's a huge difference between a 2 year layoff going from 28 to 30 then a 2 year layoff going from 38 to 40. Floyds not going to be as fast as before, timing wont be as good, wont be as strong, wont be as durable. It probably will still be good enough, but I wont be surprised if it aint'.

Conor has a 74 inch reach, is a southpaw (first time Mayweather has fought a fighter with the combination of having a reach advanatage and being a southpaw), is bigger, is 29 and in his absolute prime, has one of the greatest minds and fight IQ's when it comes to striking, and a lot of the skills that he has in MMA translate very well into boxing like his timing, precision, power and reflexes. If anyone in MMA could do it, it's Conor.

2 years ago I give Conor a 1% chance. Now I give Conor a 25% chance of pulling it off because of the 2 year layoff + going from 38 to 40. Age matters. I can pull up a lot of examples, but I dont want to TLDR this post even more.

As for your actual question:
Conor will most likely last the full 12 rounds. Floyd by decision or Conor by KO. Floyd by KO is just as likely as Conor by decision imo.

Might be a TLDR, but I have to justify giving McGregor a chance.

K4fpXFX.png

I made this bet as soon as the fight was announced. I'm glad I did since Mcgregor is +430 now.

Last edited:
I think McGregor can win LOL

People dont like saying Conor has a chance because it relates to the real world. People think that to say Conor can beat Floyd is like a random guy on the street can be a doctor in a few months of studying. If you specialize in something, whatever it is, you'll have great pride in that skill, and if someone who doesnt specialize in that skill comes out of nowhere and goes, "I can do that better than you", you're just going to be like "you're retarded"... which is true most of the times, they are retarded. This is why it's so hard for people to believe that Conor has a chance at winning.

I might have lost a lot of credibility through a lot of sherdoggers eyes with this statement... but this is combat sports... and age plays such a big role. I've watched wayyy too many fights, and it's clear as day that fighters drastically decline after 35, and exponentially decline after 38. Going from 38 to 40 without having any fights in between is not a good thing for Floyd. There's a huge difference between a 2 year layoff going from 28 to 30 then a 2 year layoff going from 38 to 40. Floyds not going to be as fast as before, timing wont be as good, wont be as strong, wont be as durable. It probably will still be good enough, but I wont be surprised if it aint'.

Conor has a 74 inch reach, is a southpaw (first time Mayweather has fought a fighter with the combination of having a reach advanatage and being a southpaw), is bigger, is 29 and in his absolute prime, has one of the greatest minds and fight IQ's when it comes to striking, and a lot of the skills that he has in MMA translate very well into boxing like his timing, precision, power and reflexes. If anyone in MMA could do it, it's Conor.

2 years ago I give Conor a 1% chance. Now I give Conor a 25% chance of pulling it off because of the 2 year layoff + going from 38 to 40. Age matters. I can pull up a lot of examples, but I dont want to TLDR this post even more.

As for your actual question:
Conor will most likely last the full 12 rounds. Floyd by decision or Conor by KO. Floyd by KO is just as likely as Conor by decision imo.

Might be a TLDR, but I have to justify giving McGregor a chance.

That's a bold prediction and I hope you are right.

However, I fall in the bracket of people that believe Conor has a very slim chance of winning (4-5%) and that even if Floyd has slowed down considerably his ring smarts and years of experience will allow him to outbox Conor to an easy decision. If Conor makes it close at all I would consider it a huge achievement, if he were to win he would gain 'folklore legend' like status in Ireland.

BTW I will probably bet on a Mayweather decision @ 12/5.

Sandoval because of his power (in the clinch, on the ground, stand up... you name it). He's +170 but should be -120 imo. There aren't any real obvious picks (stylistically) that I can see though.

The more you bet the more you'll learn. I take mental notes on what to bet on and what not to bet on. For instance, with age I know when your in your early 20's you dont have what they call "old man strength" (important for wrestling and grip strength), but you'll be fast and explosive still. Mid to late 20's you're in your prime. Most of the time you see an exponential decline from 35 to 40. If I do decide to bet on an old guy, I ALWAYS wait till after the weigh in to see what shape their in.

I also go big on fights I'm really confident in that also have good odds. If you're doing that thing where you want to bet on fighters just to make the fight more entertaining, do it with a parlay with a small bet, that way you have a fighter to root for in every fight, and even if you lose it's not even a big deal. Just some random betting advice.

{<jordan}

lol you win some you lose some

I was asked about the matchup. Unless I have it on the list in the OP, dont take my pick too seriously.
Are you betting on Niko Price?

Are you betting on Niko Price?

I have like a small parlay with all the underdogs. Niko is on there yes but its just a for fun bet. There's no analytical reason behind it. I just like having someone to root for.

There's no one on this card that im really confident in winning when it comes to underdogs. I dont mind letting you guys know who im picking. But just know that unless its on the list, my picks shouldnt be taken too seriously because their arent as many variables going into my decision as the ones on the list. For instance, I only picked Sandoval because of his power and nothing else. With my picks on the list I will give you a big ass breakdown.

I have like a small parlay with all the underdogs. Niko is on there yes but its just a for fun bet. There's no analytical reason behind it. I just like having someone to root for.

There's no one on this card that im really confident in winning when it comes to underdogs. I dont mind letting you guys know who im picking. But just know that unless its on the list, my picks shouldnt be taken too seriously because their arent as many variables going into my decision as the ones on the list. For instance, I only picked Sandoval because of his power and nothing else. With my picks on the list I will give you a big ass breakdown.

I took Price, Rashad, and Markos in my parlay, so we'll see. Ive never been impressed with Jouban

So, what can we do with this thread once you're wrong again? 4-0 isn't crazy, especially with guys that are in the +100-150 range.

These fights weren't too crazy to pick...

fedor meat.png
jx weidgas predict.png

So, what can we do with this thread once you're wrong again? 4-0 isn't crazy, especially with guys that are in the +100-150 range.

These fights weren't too crazy to pick...

View attachment 261205
View attachment 261207

lol im surprised I haven't gotten more haters like this guy in this thread to be honest.
You're making free picks with no consequences...I'm betting hundreds. Considering the odds, the chances of me pulling off what I already pulled off is 5%... I dont really care if that's crazy or not to you because I'm making money and you ain't.

Last edited:
Magni gets outwrestled and out strong armed against tougher opponents so I see RDA implementing his his pressure against the cage here and winning a dec

Any examples? We talking about Hendricks here? Hendricks is a MW and his specialty is Wrestling. RDA is a LW and his specialty is Muay Thai.

Any examples? We talking about Hendricks here? Hendricks is a MW and his specialty is Wrestling. RDA is a LW and his specialty is Muay Thai.
He pressured Pettis and a big WW Saffeide, grinded on them against the cage even if he didn't take him down so much. Magny was overpowered by Larkin and Maia. I do believe in the stand up he has the advantage, especially from the distance, but it won't be enough to put RDA away and stop grinding on him against the fence.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/g...ct-20-match-correctly-in-a-row.3490749/page-8

A remix to this thread.
I Have seen Truth77's thread on predicting 20 fights in a row and found it comical how his first pick was a -350 favorite. So with that being said, I will post a betting slip for everyone of my picks as well as an analysis of why I think they will win. I dont always make underdog prediction threads, but when I do I've been right most of the time. With all my bets, you will notice one thing in common... I don't go by fighter history, I go by their fight styles.

Finding underdogs that are actually favorites in my mind is a rare thing. Usually the odds makers get it right, so because of this, It might take a long time to get 20.

Here is my track record:
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/y...ake-nate-at-300-over-michael-johnson.3061263/
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/b...n-thompson-285-beats-johny-hendricks.3147599/
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/underdog-prediction-episode-3-a-lock.3184335/
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/youd-have-to-be-stupid-to-not-bet-on-tito-175.3453617/
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/y...o-not-bet-on-korean-zombie-160.3463445/page-2

My Losses:
I somehow forgot about Larkins Heavy leg kicks when analyzing. I thought Nate would be able to get Conor down at least once. I was wrong. This is the only prediction thread that I have made that was wrong.
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/youd-have-to-be-stupid-to-not-parlay-nate-and-magny.3318015/

So here it is:

1. Cormier @ +105 vs Anthony Johnson
This is not a bold pick. I don't even understand why this is a pick'em fight. Cormier should be something like a -250 favorite. The only way Rumble is going to win is by a KO early. His head meuvment will be the key to his victory in this fight as it'll avoid Rumbles big shots. Cormier also has an amazing chin. Even in the first fight with Rumble, he got knocked down and was sent halfway across the cage, but he got straight back up and was not on wobbly legs. I have a theory that he's able to take big shots without getting rocked because he barely has a neck, thus less torque on his head when getting punched. Cormier's boxing is underrated and has that pop to his straight punches. He's also ragdolled heavyweights, has better cardio, and last but not least, he already made Rumble quit. Not a bold pick, I no... but with Cormier being the underdog, It's an obvious pick.

2. Maia @+105 vs Masvidal
The only thing that concerns me about Maia is old age catching up to him like Jaracre. But unlike Jaracre, Maia looks exactly the same as his previous fight where he dominated Condit.
The size difference is a huge factor. Masvidal is coming from the LW division while Maia is coming from the MW divsion. Most importantly, Masvidal's TDD is very overrated. There are fighters such as Tyron claiming he has insane TDD.
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/masvidals-tdd-is-overrated-gif-heavy-thread.3514083/
This thread disproves this. Maia should have no problem getting this to the ground and secure either a sub or decision win.

3. Mitrione @+113 vs Fedor
Mitrione has a 20 lbs size advantage and a 5 inch reach advantage. He pretty much only throws straight punches which is good thing considering his reach advantage. If it goes on the ground, I think Matt will be able to control him as the size will be too much for Fedor. The only way I see Fedor winning this is if Bellator rigs another fight. But Fedor can also time a lazy jab and counter with a looping overhand. I dont think thats going to happen, Fedor is 40 and Majority'd Fabio Maldonado who almost finnished fedor in the first.

4. Weidman @+145 vs Gastelum
Weidman is just straight up to big. Yes, Weidman is on a 3 fight losing streak, all by finishes... but they're all against some of the best fighters in the UFC. And, yes Kelvin has looked like a monster against Kennedy and Belfort, but those guys are old as fuck and have a 74 inch reach which is enough for Kelvin to get on the inside and land the 1 2. Weidman has a 78 inch reach... thats a 6.5 inch reach advantage over Kelvins 71.5 inch reach. His main weapon in his 1 2 will be way less effective in this fight because his punches have to travel an extra 4 inches then his past 2 opponents. If it goes to the ground I think it'll be Weidman getting the takedowns as he has one of the best single legs in the game. The single leg should be easy to grab since Kelvin has to close the distance and there will be no threat of a knee because of his short stubby legs.

5. Valentina Schevchenko +110 vs Amanda Nunes
Y'all gonna be thinking... "wait... you're predicting the loser from the first fight to win?". Yes... yes I am. This fight is a little bit like Max vs Aldo... Max being Shevchenko, and Aldo being Nunes. Max and Shevchenko both have really good cardio and are both amazing strikers because they have the ability to see things in slow motion, as in they see strikes coming and react to them faster then most. Aldo and Nunes are similar because they both rely on their explosiveness to win fights, but because of this they fade in the later rounds. Shevchenko might lose the first round (but it will be at a cost of Nunes Gas tank) and maybe even the second, but momentum will shift and Shevchenko will win the later 3 if she hasn't already finished her in the later rounds. Nunes did well with her trips in the first fight which won her the first 2 rounds. These basic trips will be easy to prepare for, for her second bout... hell, she solved her tripping game in round 3 when she countered it. Even with Nunes having top control for a good portion of the fight, Shevchenko was still the fresher fighter in the 3rd round and dominated that round. Shevchenko will look to counter the entire fight will win by technical striking and cardio.

6. Neil Magny @+170 vs Rafael Dos Anjos

Lets just get right to it... why RDA wont leg kick Neil Magny to death:
i) 10 inch reach disadvantage. RDA's kicking range is inside Neil's punching range.
ii) RDA's legs are 3 inches shorter than Lorenz Larkin. Makes it hard for him to land the same leg kicks.
iii) Magny is Orthodox, while RDA is Southpaw which means RDA's left leg kick can only attack the inside of Magny's lead leg. Larkin was orthodox which is a big reason why he had his way with leg kicks. I've never seen a TKO with inside leg kicks.
iv) RDA can switch stance momentarily so he can land an outside leg kick like he was doing against Tony but thats very telegraphed. He also wont be able to do that all fight long and you need cumulative leg kicks to make an impact.

Clear gameplan for Neil Magny is to fight long and pressure. The pressure and making RDA go backwards make him unable to throw leg kicks or do that switch-stance-leg-kick. Neil is also the better wrestler, WAY bigger which will make him have the advantage against the cage and the ground. We've also seen Neils ability to attack and win a round off his back with Hendricks. Neil via his reach, his wrestling and being way bigger.

7. Cucuy @+160 vs Khabib (if this eventually happens... hopefully it does)
I haven't been this confident with an underdog pick since Nate vs MJ. Cucuy just straight up has the standup. He has a 6 inch reach advantage, and a crisp jab. That's a path to victory in itself. If Khabib closes the distance he'll be walking into Cucuy's elbows. If Khabib shoots, he's at risk at getting caught in a darce choke. If Khabib does get it to the ground, Ferg is more than capable on the ground. Cucuy is not MJ. MJ is a novice on the ground compared to Cucuy. Cucuy can do a lot of damage with his elbows from the bottom. Also Cucuy does not tire out. Hes fought at a grueling pace for 5 rounds with RDA and was fresh after. Cant say the same about Khabib. I will literally bet my entire betting balance on Cucuy if this fight ever happens.

If you think you've found a fight where the odds are completely off, let me know, and I'll look at tape, and I'll let you know what I think. There are a lot of fighter's that I'm not familiar with (like prelim fighters) so I could miss a lot of good underdogs. Help me find them and we can make money together!
I'm curious, how do you think Jones/Lesnar will go down if it happens? And how do you picture Jones/ Stipe going down if it were to happen in the near future?

Good analysis btw.

I'm curious, how do you think Jones/Lesnar will go down if it happens? And how do you picture Jones/ Stipe going down if it were to happen in the near future?

Good analysis btw.

Stipe beats Jones easily. Simply put, Stipe is a way more dangerous version of Gus.

Brock can only win if he can take Jones down every round. The 60lbs advantage will help Brock keep Jones down. I think the odds are what they should be in that fight. Jones @ -300 seems right. This is assuming that Brock is roided up (you'll no at weigh ins).

Back