Unpopular take: I'd already rank Pereira's resume above Khabib's

I don't think MW or LHW have great talent overall but Alex has fought the best the divisions have. I don't think he's far off from Khabib at all

Khabib's uniqueness was his dominance such that it was hard to imagine him losing.

Alex still looks beatable. Izzy almost finished him in the first fight, and was saved by the bell, and Izzy won 3 out of the first 4 rounds before getting finished in the 5th.

Izzy knocked him out in 2nd fight.

Jan took him down and held him down for decent portions and went to a very very close decision.

Jiri took him down and held him down for a lot of the 1st round and was landing a lot in round 2 before he got caught.

Khabib never been dropped, seriously wobbled or held down.

In terms of pure resume Khabib not that impressive compared to others.
yeah but there is a distinction between the best and the greatest. might be the best but you cant call him the greatest. didn't spend enough time on top

- Half Khabib's career was at WW
- he moved down to LW for the UFC
- repeatedly failed to make weight
- wanted old WWs like GSP to move down to him
- retired cause of the cuts
- is now 60lbs over his old weight class

But please tell me more about how Pereira is the one who was in the wrong weight class.
Are those Jon's picogram tests in your pfp?

TS is a known Conor nuthugger and would do anything to deminish Khabib legacy,.

Please tell me more about this.

Pereira just became the first LHW to successfully defend in 3 years, and the MW belt hasn't been successfully defended in 2 years. Both MW and LHW have had 4 champions since those. They also both have more champions in their history than LW.

LW being the deepest division is dick sucking nonsense invented by the Khabibtards cause they needed to something to try and cover up their far poorer resumes. It's not remotely true. Eddie Alvarez is the only LW champion in UFC history who never managed to successfully defend the belt when they tried.
as opposed to Conor who never defended it at all, and has the rather sad record that you dont want to talk about , that being the most stripped fighter in UFC history

OP actually makes a decent point and people will now pretend Khabib wasn't facing cans for the first 20 fights of his career. Alex has certainly achieved more in the UFC by winning two titles in separate divisions, something Khabib was never going to do.
End of the day, the guy retired in his prime before he could truly prove himself as the best ever at the weightclass, let alone someone in a hypothetical goat discussion. The guy won his title off of Al Iaquinta lol

Khabib looked dead on the scale almost every time he stepped on it LMAO. Alex at the very least looked normal every time he weighed in. Then he realized the dehydration was affecting him after the Izzy KO and he went up. Khabib would never even take a catch weight at 165 when they were discussing a fight with GSP, demanding that GSP make 155, knowing they were wolf tickets and that would literally never happen.

Khabib fans then make up these abstract reasons their fighter is the best ever.
"He was nevah cut bruddah"
"Khabib never lost a game of monopoly bruddah he OWNS the boardwalks bruddah"
"If Khabib felt like it, he would have defended for 20 more years and then won the WW and MW titles but he didn't feel like it"
GSP wanted the LW belt so Khabib was saying you need to come and get it at 155 then. Why would they let GSP have a title shot at a higher weight than the title weight?
Thats why GSO did a test weight cut to see if he could get there safely

GSP wanted the LW belt so Khabib was saying you need to come and get it at 155 then. Why would they let GSP have a title shot at a higher weight than the title weight?
Thats why GSO did a test weight cut to see if he could get there safely
GSP immediately shot down the idea of a 155 fight because even though he was confident he could cut to there, he never fought at 155 and believed his performance would be compromised, added to the advantage Khabib has of having fought at 155 his entire UFC run. Never wanted the title, wanted the fight with Khabib.

GSP thought it would be fair if they fought at 160-165, a terrain neither of them knew and neither would have an advantage in, he didn't even suggest WW. Khabib used to fight at 170, what was the issue going back up to that, or at the very least a catchweight if you truly wanted the fight? The truth of the matter is he didn't want that fight unless it was stacked completely in his favor, as his 0 was more important to him than a superfight with GSP, simple as.

"I can surely do 155, because I'm not a big Welterweight but the problem is I've never been there so maybe my performance can be compromised...He knows the [155] terrain..We need to find a place where we both don't know the terrain"

Lol. Never thought I'd have to defend Khabib's resume but here we are.

Fucking Sherdog. Recency bias is a hell of a thing.

368956eb45b40e89c82535891312e432b965bb9a.gifv

I think prime McGregor, prime RDA, prime Gaethje, and prime Poirere are a tier above fighters like Hill, 42 yo Jan, and Jiri

The guy went life and death with 42yo Jan, his best one is Adesanya and they're 1-1 in MMA

It's even worse than I thought. What the fuck is this shit?

<36>

Untitled 2.jpg

Guy got murdered by Izzy so bad that he abandoned his hilarious weight-cutting and changed divisions. To be fair, Khabib was also a pretty big weight-cutter but Potato was on a different level. The fact that this was one of his (only two) best wins at MW is an absolute joke:

17d610b9849df59569d9b8201a26f06b

At 205 against similarly sized people, he barely squeaked by Jan, had a good win against Jiri, and then beat a can coming off an Achilles tear.

I'll wait four or five more fights before revisiting this nonsense. Hopefully he faces someone that can grapple to save their life and isn't just content to stand and bang like a can.

I for one am shocked that the dominant grappler wasn't getting knocked down or cut while being on top of his opponents on the ground.

Truly baffling.
GSP was on top of his opponent ie Bisping and got his face cut to shit by elbows from below. Could have easily happened to Khabib at any stage of his career...but it didnt.
Once again a shitcunt take on your behalf. It means nothing except a sneery gripe at Khabib.

Just perhaps Alex is moving up because he is actually a huge bugger and has a heavyweight frame.
Khabib, despite some weak pricks attempts at changing the narrative, was no bigger than anyone else at LW

Come on, definitely not. Khabib is also a way more complete fighter, Pereira is nuclear though.
Lmfao. 13 fights in 8 years in the ufc. 3 title defenses.

Khabib is more complete? Lmfao he had elementary level striking that was dramatically enhanced by the td threat, as well as good power. Khabibs striking was about as good as poatans grappling.

Both have a massive gap in their resumes and it's the same one: neither has fought an elite MMA wrestler. It discredits any claims to their greatness.

Jones has a much smaller gap but he still has one - he never fought an elite power puncher in his respective divisions. Never fought Rumble, never fought Big Frank.

GSP has no gaps in his resume. Fought and beat nearly every type of elite fighter MMA could realistically throw at you. That's why he remains the 'P4P' guy with the best resume.

Of course Fedor is the real GOAT because 'P4P' doesn't actually exist and HW is all that matters. Jones could have been the GOAT but wasted his career hiding in LHW.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back