UPSET ALERT: I’m not convinced Khabib is a 5 round fighter

-Dustin gets stronger as the fight progresses and technically, he’s got the stand up to give Khabib trouble.
-Dustin has a very deceptive range awareness where he switches stances mid combination and lands shots you don’t expect.
<45> said no one, never

Don't agree TS.

Even if Khabib's style is a lot 'cardio demanding', I believe Khabib has the best cardio at LW with Tony. I believe he can go full 5 rounds pressuring Dustin without gassing.

I've never seen khabib more tired than his opponent. I don't think his cardio is worrisome at all.
I don’t know where this idea came from either. Khabib’s cardio is great!

I’m a Khabib fan but if he loses a lot of people here, myself included, will have to eat a lot of crow.

Im willing to bet Dustin is the first to gas out. In the embedded he even mentioned the heat. Khabib's been there acclimating.

Really though if you look at the Al fight and his "off" round against Conor Khabib was never in any danger at all, if that changed and he was coming off worst standing I'm pretty sure you'd see him shift tactics and look for takedowns or at least fence clinching.

Its not really the same as Robbie for example who's taken beatings in off rounds.

Really though if you look at the Al fight and his "off" round against Conor Khabib was never in any danger at all, if that changed and he was coming off worst standing I'm pretty sure you'd see him shift tactics and look for takedowns or at least fence clinching.

Its not really the same as Robbie for example who's taken beatings in off rounds.
what are you even talking about? no one said he was in any danger, just that he was tired and he doesn't have the gas to FIGHT HARD for 5

I've never seen khabib more tired than his opponent. I don't think his cardio is worrisome at all.
This, I find it weird that people question his cardio when he is always the fresher fighter and he is known for tiring his opponents out.

I think they both have 3 round cardio, they both slow. Khabib has grappling cardio for sure, I'm sure if he's just on top he can maintain that for 5, and likewise if it stays standing Dustin can do that for 5 rounds against someone like Khabib.

Both with slow if it goes long, but Dustin will have more weapons to use that require less energy. Khabibs shots will be even more telegraphed and slow as the rounds go on, where as Dustin will maintain the striking advantage throughout and will find it easier to shake off the takedowns.

Plus Dustin still has power as the fight goes on

I like how people say Khabib doesn't slow and he choose to just test his stand up will Al in rounds 3 and 4, it was nothing to do with him being tired and Al limp legging out of his takedown attempts...

And before anyone says 'But Khabib took down Al in the 5th!!!'.. Yeah, after taking 2 rounds off

He’s only gone to the championship rounds twice, once against Conor who is a notorious gasser, and Al Iaquinta, in a fight where he stopped wrestling and went Econobeeb mode.

In a 3 round fight I think Khabib wins a decision here but 5 rounds is a looong time, just ask Cormier. Khabib is a very explosive fighter (no pun intended) and I don’t know if he can keep up this type of movement throughout the fight, which is why I speculate he’ll try to come in as light as he’s ever been to keep up the pace.

Dustin gets stronger as the fight progresses and technically, he’s got the stand up to give Khabib trouble and I think he’s going to land some significant strikes mid way through the fight.

Dustin has a very deceptive range awareness where he switches stances mid combination and lands shots you don’t expect. It also allows Dustin to cut off the cage exceptionally well because he can move laterally.

If at any point Khabib starts to take a back step I think we’ll see the tides turn in Dustin’s favor and land something significant.

Khabib’s wrestling obviously is the great equalizer in any match and I believe he should be favored over 100% of the LW roster, but I think Dustin and Tony are two fighters that have the best style and enough ‘crazy’ to give him problems, but the key here is, it’s a 5 round fight, not 3.

Just my opinion, it’s fun to try and find ways for the underdog to win, and I think very highly of Khabib. I hope it’ll be a very entertaining fight, a lot of eyes on this card.

See y’all Saturday morning !!

<{JustBleed}>
no pun intended

Khabib is a very explosive fighter (no pun intended)

giphy.gif

seriously, who started this dumbass narrative. dustin's strongest rounds against max were the early rounds, NOT the late rounds lol... <{cruzshake}>

edit:
View attachment 640257

i honestly don't know how clearer this can get. dustin threw 115 strikes in round 1, and 60 strikes in round 5, where he had to resort to holding max against the cage for the majority of the round.
Not that I agree with OP but throwing 115 significant strikes which is more than a strike every 3 seconds will tire out anyone for the remainder of the fight

Those first two rounds will be key for both fighters. It isn't good when Poirier has been taken down a few times already but I think his chances increase if he makes to the 4th round and can turn up the heat. Having said all that Khabib has so many watching him and I think he will take Dustin out in the 3rd.
they both have alot of people watching them??

I'm talking about Khabib having the Muslim people tuning in and watching him.
lol are they not watching Dustin? i mean i get your point but they both have the same pressure. If anything, khabib is more comfortable in Abu Dahbi than Las Vegas or LA

People stealing my shit again... gaaaah. This is why I stopped making predictions... to fuck over the Youtubers. And other reasons..

(Some of you I very much like and appreciate but you still suck.)

TS, come on dude. I've said this every day for the last week.

Back