Media Volk: I’m gonna teach Ilia a lesson

You ain't true blue with a statement like that.

Need to send your arse to Christmas Island.

No, thanks, mate.

I'll be flying home with Topuria Goat, and we'll be taking that belt with his back to Spain where it belongs.

I’d love for Volk to beat the living piss out of tuporia … but I’ll be betting tuporia to knock out Volk

Ill never be so happy to lose a bet if I’m wrong
It’s so funny because I do that pretty often, where I bet the guy who I think is gonna win whenever it’s somebody I can’t stand so that I’m basically hedging my feelings…either I win money off a guy I can’t stand or I get to see the guy I can’t stand lose. Unfortunately in this fight, a year ago I thought Volk would be able to pick him apart. Now, after seeing Volk get dropped multiple times in 2 fights, including head kick finished against Islam, I have a hard time seeing him beat Tuporia. I hope we are both wrong

Volk is the man. But I'm getting Garbrandt vs Dom flashbacks here. Topuria has FAST hands, is a great wrestler, and has some real power. Volk may be able to drag him into the later rounds and break him, but age and getting KO'd so recently are bad omens for him in this fight.
I think Topuria has a shot and i'm picking him to win also. I think Volk's age and the fact that he was KO'd only a few months ago are key factors. Volk is a great fighter but even if you slip a little bit, it makes a big difference.

Topuria is the real deal but Volk is the #1 p4p of his generation. Hard to pick a winner here. Great fight.

Volk did a lot of talking before his last fight. I guess he didn’t learn his lesson.
What lesson should he have learned? That he cannot beat a very good and dominant champ in a division above him on short notice?

That performance says nothing about how he'll do in his own weight class where he has dominated everyone. I do think Ilia can be dangerous, but Volk is right to be confident based on his record.

"I earn things. This guy has everything given to him."

Like what?
1701776584574.png

Hope he gets kicked in the head again.

Regardless of the Islam fight, I already thought Topuria had the best chance of dethroning Volk. Now even more so. That chin might be compromised and Topuria has big power.

Topuria will be the first fighter with a win streak that Volk will have to defend against.

Ortega lost to Max, sat out 2 years and came back and beat KZ and got another title shot.
KZ lost to Ortega, beat Ige and got a title shot.
Yair sat out for over 2 years, came back and lost to Max, beat Ortega via injury then beat Emmett and got a title shot.

Illa is on a 14 fight win streak going into the Volk fight.

No, thanks, mate.

I'll be flying home with Topuria Goat, and we'll be taking that belt with his back to Spain where it belongs.
You will be going to Spain alright but it won't be with any belt, gonna deport your traitorous arse there so you can console your boyfriend Topuria after Volk dominates him.

"I earn things. This guy has everything given to him."

Like what?
View attachment 1014937

Hope he gets kicked in the head again.
Yeah TBH that's the only part i disagreed with, Ilia is here because he's a damn good fighter. Volk was talking as if he's Paddy Pimblett or Colby and being given the UFC white glove treatment. Simply not true.

Post-Islam (the 1st fight) Volk beats Ilia via wrestling IMO.

Topuria will be the first fighter with a win streak that Volk will have to defend against.

Ortega lost to Max, sat out 2 years and came back and beat KZ and got another title shot.
KZ lost to Ortega, beat Ige and got a title shot.
Yair sat out for over 2 years, came back and lost to Max, beat Ortega via injury then beat Emmett and got a title shot.

Illa is on a 14 fight win streak going into the Volk fight.
True, and he lost back to back against the other guy he fought that had a long win streak,

I’d love for Volk to beat the living piss out of tuporia … but I’ll be betting tuporia to knock out Volk

Ill never be so happy to lose a bet if I’m wrong
why do I get the same feeling that tuporia is going to beat up volk?...and I told myself I would never bet against Volk again ....why ....LOL

Volk said he earns everything? LMAO He didn't earn either title shot at LW.
He didn’t earn the LW shot by beating contenders but he did earn it by being a dominant champ at FW setting himself up for super fight. The only reason Volk got the shot was because he’s so dominant and defended so many times

seeing islam drive his shin through volk's head is hard to shake. i think ilia will do the same thing to him
Idk Volk is a different animal at FW and won’t have to deal with the huge size disadvantage. The fight was extremely short notice and who would’ve expected a head kick from Islam

Ilia better bring his head kick game. Alex' main weakness
It was short notice and I doubt he expected head kicks from Islam. He was at a huge size disadvantage as well which adds more power to the kick. Volk didn’t look himself, he looked out of shape

Back