Media Volk, "I want you all to remember this doubt...."

New volk video. He kind of just goes on and on about how excited he is, but here's some brief cliffs:
  • Already has a huge house filled with wrestlers and training partners from around the world. His diet has already been on point. He's been ready for a while and still has 13 weeks to get ready.
  • Islam is a challenge, and that's why he's taking this fight. He likes challenges and this one will make him grow as a martial artist.
  • He loves that there's tons of people doubting him right now -- it motivates him. He wants everyone to remember just how much he is doubted right now. He wants to prove that nothing is impossible. "once I prove you all wrong, I want you to use that as inspiration."
  • This has been the most he's spent on a camp before.
  • He's very confident that he's going to be better than ever at LW (bigger, stronger, faster etc etc)

I hope for a double ko. Like Mitrione vs Fedor but actually a knockout.

I am just surprised at the odds i expected volk to be +600 or 700 at least
Volk simply has no grappling game as compared to the dagestani
Still hope it will be a good fight

I am just surprised at the odds i expected volk to be +600 or 700 at least
Volk simply has no grappling game as compared to the dagestani
Still hope it will be a good fight
Palhares was a way better grappler than Alan Belcher based on accomplishment and skill. That said, Alan came in the with plan, he identified all of Paul Harris' favorite positions, and found a way to counter and shut him down positionally, just enough to work his ground and pound.

This MMA you don't have to be better than your opponent at their strength, you just need the confidence to counter and impose your in offense.

Easier said than done, I'm over simplifying this, but so are you.

#1 P4P fighter.

I will get flamed for this, but in my eyes, he's the best fighter I have ever seen step foot in the cage. I'm looking forward to 284 and I'm rolling with Team Volkanovski all fucking day, let's go!

This fight feels really special to me. Like the magnitude is palpable imo, wish I could be there!
I'm actually tempted to think Alex can pull an upset, in a very different manner than Charles could've, but as much as I love Charles, it wasn't going to last more than two rounds either way, where I can see Alex going the distance and snatch a decision.

Everytime Volk have a interview, it seems he tries to convince himself so badly.. Which is no good sign

When Islam smokes Volk, Bareman will officially be Kiwi Edmund.

RSKDwfC.jpg

Bareman isn't his coach.

He might...but I seriously doubt he sweeps Islam like he does in that video

He's not. Can't wait until fight gets closer and people who never grappled see what happens. A smaller skilled grappler has major issues with a bigger better grappler.

You can see Islam and khabib laughing at the challenge of small volk. They already know whats going to happen from a grapplers point of view.

Giant brass balls on that guy.
its opposite to most other challengers of kebab and izlam
they are mostly defeated before they step into the octagon and its very visible
not with volk

New volk video. He kind of just goes on and on about how excited he is, but here's some brief cliffs:
  • Already has a huge house filled with wrestlers and training partners from around the world. His diet has already been on point. He's been ready for a while and still has 13 weeks to get ready.
  • Islam is a challenge, and that's why he's taking this fight. He likes challenges and this one will make him grow as a martial artist.
  • He loves that there's tons of people doubting him right now -- it motivates him. He wants everyone to remember just how much he is doubted right now. He wants to prove that nothing is impossible. "once I prove you all wrong, I want you to use that as inspiration."
  • This has been the most he's spent on a camp before.
  • He's very confident that he's going to be better than ever at LW (bigger, stronger, faster etc etc)

I love Alex but he has no chance

He's not. Can't wait until fight gets closer and people who never grappled see what happens. A smaller skilled grappler has major issues with a bigger better grappler.

You can see Islam and khabib laughing at the challenge of small volk. They already know whats going to happen from a grapplers point of view.
OK then

I’m doubting him. If he beats Islam, he’s the GOAT in my book

I’ve doubted Islam and Khabib for far too long, and just now when i was finally ready to admit Islam is untouchable… volk comes along…

My brain says Islam is too big, strong, good defensively, and obviously too good of a grappler for volk to deal with.

BUT LETS GO VOLK!!! I still believe damn it

Another Makhachev-related contest and thread in which the majority of people are rooting against him. It's becoming a recurring theme in Makhachev's career.

I don't mind Volkanovski, but I believe he will be dominated in this contest. I'm actually hoping Makhachev makes a statement next year and continues to dominate. He's already proven a lot of people wrong by dominating Oliveira and remaining active while holding the belt.

Islam is a tall order for Alex but seeing how confident he is makes this bout really intriguing

Can't wait for this one. Volk is the only one in the current FW/LW lineup I'd give a chance to win against Islam.

I'm excited if Volk stuffs Islam. Hope he proves me wrong and beats him comfortably. It's hard for me not to see Islam taking down any FW.

Back