Volkan Oezdemir OUT of Alexander Gustafsson Bout at UFC 227

Another card another major injury...shocker. It’s literally impossible to get hyped for a card until the day of the actual event these days, a major reason why the sport is going downhill.

USADA retroactively suspends Jones 1 year for tainted supplements, Jon is eligible to fight again July 29, 2018 and steps in to rematch Gus on August 4.

dana-white-money-e1391096326933.jpg
that would be fucking awesome, but not happening, unfortunately

Either that, or injuries have tripled since the company was sold

Injuries have gone up ever since they started providing health insurance to the fighters back in 2011. Fighters are much less likely to fight injured like they used to.

But yes, it certainly does feel like lately people are pulling out left and right. I think Mike Bohn mentioned last year they had like 50+ main event changes due to injuries. Which is ridiculous.

I no longer bother to get excited about any fights. I wake up the next morning, read who won, then go download the fights to watch the technique. So much easier.
You sound super fun at parties.

I'm trying to figure out how this benefits Shogun.

Well shit. I hope they can find a replacement for Gus. I was really looking forward to watching him fight again.

Needs a win to lock down that number 1 contender spot. DC is already dodging the fight.. Wants a fight with Shogun ranked like 20..

Needs a win to lock down that number 1 contender spot. DC is already dodging the fight.. Wants a fight with Shogun ranked like 20..
It could have been Rockhold but he got injured.

Is Jan B the only option, I know Gus already fought him but at this point it's the only option. I don't want the UFC to give him Dom Reyes just because I don't want them to hurt their only good prospect.

Khalil lol. He could easily be the replacement. Ranking isn’t near Gus at all but still, it’s someone else.

Khalil lol. He could easily be the replacement. Ranking isn’t near Gus at all but still, it’s someone else.
I mean he didn't exactly take a lot of damage against Saki so that could work.

Is Jan B the only option, I know Gus already fought him but at this point it's the only option. I don't want the UFC to give him Dom Reyes just because I don't want them to hurt their only good prospect.
I didnt know Gus was a prospect

<Moves>

More like DC has earned leg room to book a money fight on his own terms. and there is jack shit you can do, but whine about it. Cry harder.

I mean he didn't exactly take a lot of damage against Saki so that could work.

Exactly. If nobody else can take the fight, why not just have someone like Khalil do it? He’s got nothing to lose, really, everything to gain. It’s not like they aren’t done a low ranked fighter vs a top guy before. Just imagine if Khalil happened to beat Gus, lol. Everybody would be on his nuts. Heir new favourite all of a sudden until he loses.. he was ‘exposed’ then.

Back