Social War Room Lounge v.231: Frodo Pack Edition

Favorite cut of steak

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So in the states, prime rib is prime rib, but when you cut it into a steak it turns into a ribeye? And then you have bone in ribeye and boneless ribeye?

Crazy.

https://www.mychicagosteak.com/steak-university/prime-rib-vs-ribeye/

Prime Rib Vs Ribeye: What’s the Difference?
One of the things that we get asked often is, “Is prime rib and ribeye the same thing?” or “Prime rib vs ribeye – which one is best?”. Our answers? Prime rib and rib eye are similar, but no, they aren’t the same, nor is one technically better than the other. Both rib eye and prime rib are excellent steak cut options for different purposes. They’re both incredibly flavorful, have fantastic marbling, and are both prime beef options with just the right amount of fat to improve taste and texture.

Unlike some of the other steak cuts we prepare, these cuts of steaks come from the same primal cut of beef. A ribeye is the section of the rib roast that is cut before being cooked, but let’s dig a little deeper to find out more about each cut and each difference that separates them.

What is Prime Rib, and Where Does It Come From?
Prime rib is also known as a standing rib roast. The roast comes from the same part of the animal that the ribeye does: the primal rib section. If you are at a restaurant and ask for the prime rib you will get a slice of meat from the cooked roast most likely. It is also important to note that although prime rib contains “prime” in its name, this does not mean that it is USDA Prime beef. Be sure to double-check the grading of your beef before you purchase it to make sure you’re actually buying USDA Prime beef if that’s what you’re after.

What is Ribeye, and Where Does it Come From?
You may see ribeye referred to in several ways, like ribeye or rib eye and rib steak. Don’t get too hung up on the names; the ribeye has many names, but they all generally refer to the same cut. As stated earlier, this cut comes from the rib area of the animal, hence the “rib” portion of its name. The cut is from the rib roast, aka prime rib. To be considered a ribeye, the steak must be cut before the roast is cooked. The cuts are then sold as ribeye steaks. Prime rib cuts are larger than ribeye cuts since they include the ribeye and the bone.

Clear as mud?

So in the states, prime rib is prime rib, but when you cut it into a steak it turns into a ribeye? And then you have bone in ribeye and boneless ribeye?

Crazy.
Prime Rib I think is usually an entire rib roast cooked then you slice bits off.

Then there's the ribeye steak that has no bone in it and is from the same area. Then a bone in ribeye...

Then there's a tomahawk steak:

I feel ya, bud
Here's two mins of a fat dude rapping in a trailer park

It's weird. I am not fond of most things that get labeled prog rock, but a rock song needs to have an element of evolution/deevolution to be a really good rock song (i.e. to be both moving and have replayability) in my opinion. Without that, even rock albums that I rate very highly (like Vheissu by Thrice) fall out of the rotation rather quickly.

@Falsedawn is Ichiban the literal complete opposite of Kiryu in every way possible down to his fucking suit being reversed colors and his hair being fucking insane as opposed to the scicked back style of Kiryu?

His personality, his mannerisms, Hell, EVEN HIS FUCKING ALLIES are like the complete opposites of the characters always with Kiryu.

It's weird. I am not fond of most things that get labeled prog rock, but a rock song needs to have an element of evolution/deevolution to be a really good rock song (i.e. to be both moving and have replayability) in my opinion. Without that, even rock albums that I rate very highly (like Vheissu by Thrice) fall out of the rotation rather quickly.
I was mainly agreeing with Jesus about song length. There was a time I was super into bands that played 7-10 minute long songs but now I just can't find myself able to listen to them regularly. Hell, Between the Buried and Me was one of my favorite bands but now I can barely listen to them. I didn't even bother with listening to their last album.

Also, Vheissu by Thrice is probably my favorite album by them but I still don't list to it as often as I do Illusions of Safety.

Prime Rib I think is usually an entire rib roast cooked then you slice bits off.

Then there's the ribeye steak that has no bone in it and is from the same area. Then a bone in ribeye...

Then there's a tomahawk steak:

Tomahawk steak? Jesus christ lol.

Looks fucking good though.

Yeah, I do. Although, with C&C, I don't really care about the concept/sci fi stuff. Their album that I most appreciate and that I think is their best creative work exists outside of the sci fi story.

For The Mars Volta, I really appreciate the artistry, but it's too amelodic (and CBZ's vocals too grating) for me to really love. Whether TMV or the new ATDI stuff, I would describe them as chronically gratuitous in their music.

I’m not a fan of ATDI but I love MV. I love the psychedelic prog rock, Jazz fusion thing they have going on. I’ve been listening to Bedlam in Goliath lately, easily one of their best albums. Not talked about enough. Some really great tracks on that album.

I do understand what you mean about the signers voice. As the albums progressed it seemed to get higher and a lot of effects are added.

what CAC album are you referring to if I might ask? Also if you have any interest in concept albums Iron Maiden has a great one called Seventh Son of A Seventh Son.

@Falsedawn is Ichiban the literal complete opposite of Kiryu in every way possible down to his fucking suit being reversed colors and his hair being fucking insane as opposed to the scicked back style of Kiryu?

His personality, his mannerisms, Hell, EVEN HIS FUCKING ALLIES are like the complete opposites of the characters always with Kiryu.

Haven't played Like A Dragon yet. I don't want 6 spoiled.

Hey guys, I'm gonna kick off a stream of my first Red Dead Redemption playthrough here in a few minutes if you wanna come hang out.

Haven't played Like A Dragon yet. I don't want 6 spoiled.
Ah. I am and... well... the main character feels like the complete opposite of Kiryu to the point I feel like it's the developers having a laugh.

It isn't a huge plot point but he's connected to the "soapland" that Majima drives the dumptruck into during the first game. He goes back to visit it and it's this closed hulk still even like 20 years later:
"What happened?"
"The Tojo clan had a Civil War and some maniac drove a dump truck into it"

"We build shit"

Tomahawk steak? Jesus christ lol.

Looks fucking good though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back