WAR ROOM LOUNGE V11: Now With More

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a combination of unfounded intellectual arrogance, lack of a proper education and too many smarmy, partisan youtube videos from internet psuedo-smart guys.
All key ingredients for making a nice warm Stew of Ignorance.

SMH this could apply to so many people on this board and elsewhere

That poster has struck me as a kid that has read a few textbooks and goes overboard with his findings.

Now it just looks like he/she has gone overboard period.

Seems like an over-malleable mind descending into madness.

Welcome to The Ennui Mr Tobacco. This is how it starts before engulfing your whole beautiful body. Entering a purgatory of nothing. Yearn for The Nexus to avoid such a demise.

Funny enough I think he's a lot smarter than his guruneux.

I am enjoying you today Mr Fawlty. You are secreting delicious fluids as of late... It is clear that the marination is going nice and smoothly deep inside...

So many funny cockatoo videos. I didn't know they were less noisy in the wild. It felt very wrong to keep one cooped up in a house in any case.

Depends on the variety too I think. The ones around here are Sulfur-Crested Cockatoos and I never even notice them when they are just outside the window. Not like Rainbow Lorikeets or Rosellas.

SMH this could apply to so many people on this board and elsewhere
True story: I once destroyed a guy like that in class so badly that someone shook my hand after.
This aggressive ignorance cannot stand lol.

It's a combination of unfounded intellectual arrogance, lack of a proper education and too many smarmy, partisan youtube videos from internet psuedo-smart guys.
All key ingredients for making a nice warm Stew of Ignorance.

You are making me ravenous Mr Pete.

True story: I once destroyed a guy like that in class so badly that someone shook my hand after.
This aggressive ignorance cannot stand lol.

In your class as a teacher? Or student?

I was lucky to never really have much exposure to right-wingers in my undergraduate or graduate studies: because I was in a left-leaning program in the form and because I was at a high-level school at the latter.

The two times I can remember really going after someone in class in law school were (i) when a guy defended his belief that Korematsu was correctly decided, and (ii) when a visiting federal prosecutor speaking for the Federalist Society (right-wing bunch of shit-tier students) answered a student question by saying that the violence/crime of North St. Louis was due to lack of good parenting/family values.

In your class as a teacher? Or student?

I was lucky to never really have much exposure to right-wingers in my undergraduate or graduate studies: because I was in a left-leaning program in the form and because I was at a high-level school at the latter.

The two times I can remember really going after someone in class in law school were (i) when a guy defended his belief that Korematsu was correctly decided, and (ii) when a visiting federal prosecutor speaking for the Federalist Society (right-wing bunch of shit-tier students) answered a student question by saying that the violence/crime of North St. Louis was due to lack of good parenting/family values.
A fellow student.
Not a right winger, either, just wildly ignorant and made the terrible mistake of getting into it with me about colonialism and indigenous/racial issues, specifically education.
I saw him years later, after graduation, working as a mall security guard

A fellow student.
Not a right winger, either, just wildly ignorant and made the terrible mistake of getting into it with me about colonialism and indigenous/racial issues, specifically education.
I saw him years later, after graduation, working as a mall security guard

Well if he didn't achieve proper perspective on racial issues from you, he'll surely gain it from his colleagues in law enforcement.

BTW, actual footage of @Cubo de Sangre making the trek back to the hardware store :cool:

15296744_why-ripping-on-a-wavestorm-really-just-makes_90a54166_m.jpg

It'll have to wait. Gotta make an airport pickup in a bit and that's all the driving that's getting done today. Having mustered up some dog washing earlier, I'm already in the bonus. :cool:

PS. I ain't that pretty. Or zen looking.

Related note, I like rankings things, so I've been to Ranker a lot.

Their "worst people to ever live" list is pretty depressing/crazy.

Here is how they rank the following people:
13. Lenin
23. Fidel Castro
27. Hillary Clinton
29. Heinrich Himmler
34. Leon Trotsky
38. Karl Marx
42. Saddam Hussein
50. Benito Mussolini

How fucking stupid are goddamn people? Himmler, Hussein, and Mussolini should be so incredibly far above the rest that they're on different lists. And Marx shouldn't be on there at all.

Yeah, that is beyond horrible.

Goes to show that despite the incredible information revolution out there, people en mass don't use it.

I mean, TKOTom stated in another thread a couple days ago that Obama was perhaps the most evil person to ever live...

So, there's that.

You have to be joking. Or at least he must been joking.

Goes to show that despite the incredible information revolution out there, people en mass don't use it.

Marx is the one that really rustled me. Dude was an academic who never laid a finger on anyone and who, especially in his later years, denounced and tried to subvert appropriations of his work by violently designed persons, resulting in his famous quote that, "if they are Marxists, then I am not a Marxist."

At least with all the others ones, they have actual blood on their hands to varying degrees. I mean...Attila the Hun wasn't even in the top 100 lol

Trying to "rank" history is usually going to be a bad idea imo
Categorizing history via normative judgements is fundamentally flawed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back