Social War Room Lounge V197: Look at me, I am the captain now.

Poll or pole?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
@LuchaBear

This has to be fake, right?

EoOxAuvW4AEfL1N

I believe so. Israel relations is important to her, she wouldn't say that.

Season 3 and 4 are my favorite.

why do you think Season 2 is the most important?
Those are my favorites seasons as well

Refer to my post to Heretic as he asked me the same thing:
It sets the groundwork for a lot of important story lines later on like the deterioration of the relationship between Avon and Stringer and The Greek who is one of the main players behind the drugs coming into Baltimore
It also moves the scope of the show past the cops and lower class criminals, showing how the drug trade impacts the middle class and starts involving the prison system
It definitely feels like the most boring season during the first watch but it holds up extremely well through re-watches

The ones in the cars are the more egregious offenders, IMO. My walk to work is a bee-line down a main street that has a bunch of small side streets coming off it. Pretty much every time I am nearly hit by someone breezing right through the stop sign and into the sidewalk so they can see if there is traffic coming. The other day, a woman was two thirds of the way through the crosswalk before she even looked in my direction. If she had hit me she might have never known it. Fuck selfish motorists. They're shitty all on their own without need to resort to weak excuses like "doing stupid things because of how all the other stupidity is slowing them down".

Edit: Ahem, excuse me. But that's a rant I've been saving for a little while. I feel much better now.

People get so fucking stupid when the topic is pedestrians and cyclists. Whenever I hear someone going off about how cyclists ''have a death wish'' I can't help but roll my eyes. Like, do you think I don't notice all the motorists texting while driving, lane changing and turning without shoulder checking, steering the car with their fucking knees, ripping through residential zones at 100? I read an article a while back that said 43% of cyclist deaths in Ontario one year were from being hit from behind by a car. I wonder how many motorist deaths were caused by a cyclist plowing into them from behind.

It sets the groundwork for a lot of important story lines later on like the deterioration of the relationship between Avon and Stringer and The Greek who is one of the main players behind the drugs coming into Baltimore
It also moves the scope of the show past the cops and lower class criminals, showing how the drug trade impacts the middle class and starts involving the prison system
It definitely feels like the most boring season during the first watch but it holds up extremely well through re-watches

Agreed, I wasn't a huge fan on the first run through season 2 but it really grew on me in the rewatch, especially as you pointed out knowing what's coming down the line.

yea, it's a great season as well for the reasons you explained.
Not sure why it gets so much hate or viewed as the "worst" season. that was clearly the 5th season.
My only guess is that it feels slow and boring compared to the previous season and for first time watchers it is not apparent how important some of the storylines in the 2nd season will be for further seasons
the 5th is also not my favorite season as I didn't care all to much for the newspaper scenes

My only guess is that it feels slow and boring compared to the previous season and for first time watchers it is not apparent how important some of the storylines in the 2nd season will be for further seasons
the 5th is also not my favorite season as I didn't care all to much for the newspaper scenes

I understood what they were trying to do...but it was poorly executed. imo.

The fifth season also lost a chunk of the writing staff and producer group that had been around for the prior 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back