War Room Lounge V20: Halloween Awareness: Dispatches Blast Yo Ass from a Pumpkin Patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because both floyd and khabeeb outboxed Conner. Match makes perfect sense.

It's crazy that McGregor's last two appearances were him getting completely dominated, once standing and once mostly on the ground, and he's by far the biggest star in the fighting world other than Mayweather.

BTW, I'm not saying that he's not a great fighter. Khabib is the best LW we've seen and the best grappler in MMA, and Mayweather is a top-20 all-time p4p boxer. Just saying that it's interesting.

Last edited:
Why is Floyd saying he wants to box with the eagle
Because he's smart enough to know that's the only way he'd win a sanctioned fights with an mma fighter.

Because he's smart enough to know that's the only way he'd win a sanctioned fights with an mma fighter.
Is it wrong that I want to watch Mayweather fight Cyborg in mma?

It's crazy that McGregor's last two appearances were him getting completely dominated, once standing and once mostly on the ground, and he's by far the biggest star in the fighting world other than Mayweather.

BTW, I'm not saying that he's not a great fighter. Khabib is the best LW we've seen and the best grappler in MMA, and Mayweather is a top-20 all-time p4p boxer. Just saying that it's interesting.
I don't think there's ever been a more complete grappler than Khabib. He's got the best GnP I've ever seen, has great passing and positional control, is good off his back, can submit top level competition, and has an arsenal of takedowns.

Is it wrong that I want to watch Mayweather fight Cyborg in mma?
Yes because he needs to stop ducking Ronda.
images

I don't think there's ever been a more complete grappler than Khabib. He's got the best GnP I've ever seen, has great passing and positional control, is good off his back, can submit top level competition, and has an arsenal of takedowns.

What's really impressive is the combination of incredible striking on the ground with the positional control. The only guys who are comparable to him in positional control (Maia, GSP and Shields come to mind) are very conservative with the striking, for obvious reasons. The variety of his takedown game is also really impressive.

Of course there was a shift, you had to admit that your characterisation of faith wasn't true historically. You went from a categorical assertion to a conditional one. Now you have to justify why there's a historical distinction, some arbitrary tipping point in recorded knowledge no doubt.
The fact that you still try and maintain that it's true is simply because you're asserting that all belief is knowledge derived through evidentialism, despite the fact that even a cursory examination of the things you think you "know" would show that's not the case.
It's not just totalitarian ideologues that take things on faith, it's simply a factor of how knowledge is disseminated and beliefs are formed. Let alone allowing for a distinction between genuine belief and knowledge, or interpretive frameworks that are explicitly distinct from evidentialism (such as aesthetics).
That's certainly no less true in the information age, where "what everyone knows" has been amplified, stored, distributed and accessed through the internet. In fact the larger the body of knowledge, the less possible it is to empirically confirm everything for yourself.
There's nothing "magical" about true faith. It's simply the case of strong belief and the impact that belief will have on actions. Not restricted to a religious context either.
Again, you're wrong about me changing my argument. You're the one who pushed for the historical context, not me. So stop trying to put that on me.

Faith is a distinct form of religious belief that requires the suspension of disbelief. You will not get away with trying to use it conveniently, in both a colloquial sense and a religious one, switching between them at your leisure. What a dirtbag move. Typical of Christians though. You know that you'll go full special pleading if pushed.

???

I'd hope that there's no one on the planet who would think that Khabib would have a serious chance boxing against Floyd.

Did you forget how many people actually thought that Conor a going to knock out Floyd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back