Warhammer: Vermintide 2

Man, the Beta was such hot garbage, but the release gets full support from me. The class balance was so preposterous that I was just JackieChanWTF.jpg-ing the entire time I played.

I was really worried the depth of levels fell off because of the Beta maps. None of them really had the density of maps like Horn of Magus, Garden of Morr, etc (and that's not even accounting for DLC maps like Castle Drachenfels) - however, getting the full game unlocked really impressed me. The level with the Chaos Wizard boss, holy shit, it looked like a Dark Souls level design.

Right now I'm convinced that Kruber's Footsoldier class is just a step above the nerfed-Huntsman and Mercenary. At first, his knock down dash kept putting me in terrible situations, but once I learned you can block cancel it, the move became so much more powerful. However, if I can find some more crit chance % gear, I think there's a strong argument for Mercenary with the talent that gives +5% crit, paced strikes raising crit, and the regrowth talent that procs on crit - not to mention his lvl 25 morale boost that can revive the whole party.

Also, what selfish butthole wouldn't run shared Pace Strikes? +10% dmg on proc is pretty cool, and might hit a damage threshold on Legend that I'm not aware of (still slogging through Champion), but the ability to share berserking with the whole squad just seems too good to pass up.

I've been splitting the difference and opening 2/5, I want my Waywatcher twinked out when I enter Champion. Spending the weekend at my parents so I can't play or I'd hit 30 tomorrow, I have almost no complaints so far, other than maybe...

-Mini-Boss difficulty seemed a little off. Some are absolute killers, some are pretty easy.
-A lot of stuff needs to be explained better. My buddy bought the game to play wit my group and he has a lot of questions regarding items and stats I feel need tooltips.
-Some classes need some love. I don't like nerfing characters in a PVE game, but some buffs would be nice.
I feel like Champion is going to be a little easier than Cata was, but we'll see. The Chaos forces really bring a wrinkle in, I could dance around rats forever in 1. The Spear and I have a budding relationship that I think might go places.

It seems like they changed Champ quite a bit from the betas.

It seems like specials spawn WAAAAAY more now, except they're all a bit weaker and easier to kill faster.

When I say way more, I mean like 4+ will spawn during hordes. You're constantly under attack by specials in champ now.

Yeah. The giant armored Chaos warriors spawn in groups of three now during hoards - it's wild.

This thread is getting me amped for the console release. Keep talking about it.

Was playing a lot of Waystalker, but now I'm Shade for life. The DPS on bosses is just disgusting. Dealt with my first Heroic Deed glitch last night, two of us running across the finish line with a Horde on our tail and two Grims/two Tomes...aaand half the team doesn't get any loot. Figured out it's a known bug, but how? I have to say it's the most fun I've had with a half-assed release though.

Was playing a lot of Waystalker, but now I'm Shade for life. The DPS on bosses is just disgusting. Dealt with my first Heroic Deed glitch last night, two of us running across the finish line with a Horde on our tail and two Grims/two Tomes...aaand half the team doesn't get any loot. Figured out it's a known bug, but how? I have to say it's the most fun I've had with a half-assed release though.

I think, but I'm not 100%.

The deeds only work for everyone in the party if it's the host's deed.

If someone else starts the deed, only the host and that person get the reward.

I think, but I'm not 100%.

The deeds only work for everyone in the party if it's the host's deed.

If someone else starts the deed, only the host and that person get the reward.
Yeah, I googled it right after, but my party broke for the night out of depression. How do you miss something like that in testing?

Yeah, I googled it right after, but my party broke for the night out of depression. How do you miss something like that in testing?

I'm sure it wasn't missed. It was just one of those things Fatshark knows about and doesn't tell anyone.

Congrats to Fatshark for this amazing game and achievement!

http://www.fatsharkgames.com/news/vermintide-2-sells-500000-less-week/

VERMINTIDE 2 SELLS 500,000 IN LESS THAN A WEEK

STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN – 12 March, 2018. Independent developer Fatshark today announced that Warhammer: Vermintide 2 has surpassed 500,000 units sold just days after being released on PC.
“We are proud and happy that gamers worldwide have taken Warhammer: Vermintide 2 to their hearts.” says Martin Wahlund, CEO Fatshark. “500,000 games sold was a milestone that we had, but not less than a week after release.”
In numbers: 500,000+ units sold, 21 million minutes watched on Twitch, 50 billion enemies less, and 100% proud developers.

Getting a PC this weekend, I will be picking this game up for sure! Looking forward to it, I played the first one on Xbox for just a little bit but I feel like this one will be much better with the added sub classes

Use an Xbox controller on your PC?
I tried that, but the developers didn't build in a very strong support system for Dual Analog controllers. There was no way to slow down the look speed when ADS, and there was no way to accelerate the look speed when you were walking around hipfire mode.

When I tried to turn around in combat it was too slow, and when I tried to aim and shoot the reticle was flying around the screen at light speed. Opposite of what and FPS should do.

I tried that, but the developers didn't build in a very strong support system for Dual Analog controllers. There was no way to slow down the look speed when ADS, and there was no way to accelerate the look speed when you were walking around hipfire mode.

When I tried to turn around in combat it was too slow, and when I tried to aim and shoot the reticle was flying around the screen at light speed. Opposite of what and FPS should do.
That's weird though, if the game is also on console. Very strange. Maybe it'll get a controller support patch on PC?

That's weird though, if the game is also on console. Very strange. Maybe it'll get a controller support patch on PC?
Oh shit - OK my bad.

When I was talking about my KBD/M experience, I was playing Spacehulk Deathwing. That was when the developers hadn't built in the proper support for a controller. NOT Vermintide.

But not matter what game I try, none of them respond the way a Console does. Eternal Crusade was a nightmare: I got raped by KBD/M players while trying to run a dual analog controller. So basically I am content to wait for the console release at this point.

Oh shit - OK my bad.

When I was talking about my KBD/M experience, I was playing Spacehulk Deathwing. That was when the developers hadn't built in the proper support for a controller. NOT Vermintide.

But not matter what game I try, none of them respond the way a Console does. Eternal Crusade was a nightmare: I got raped by KBD/M players while trying to run a dual analog controller. So basically I am content to wait for the console release at this point.
Ohhh. No, I just went back and looked though. It was my b, I didn't put the quote you initially responded to into context. It even said Spacehulk Deathwing. My fault!

Honestly though, I feel that if you're playing games that natively support KB/M, it's best to play on that format. Took me only a few weeks to a month to get used to: being a life-long consoler game at 24 when I made the switch. I get it's not for everyone though, we all have preferences. Controllers still feel natural in my hands. Portable platforms too(I have a 3DS, Vita, and Switch. Among many other classic portables).

Hit level 30 today for my Dwarf today. Power level is about 480 right now but I'm going to grind to 500 before finally trying legend difficulty.

ClIp2hX.png

From a Commendation Chest last night.

That's pretty awesome.

Haven't pulled anything good yet myself unfortunately.

I switched from elf to ironbreaker recently. Having a lot of fun was dwarf main in the first game.

Spear is awesome and really fun to play.. but champ+ it starts letting you down. Really poor at killing beefier specials. You pretty much need a weapon with armor piercing light attacks if you don't have incredible range. Longbow is really good, but you're relient on headshots which is easier said than done when you're in a legendary mob. Chaos warriors are a huge problem for elf spear because not even the longbow can save you. If the spear stab was the first charge attack, it would be a lot more viable... which means you pretty much only have one choice for elf, glaive.

Ironbreakers have lots of weapons with armor piercing light attacks so you can't really go wrong with your weapon selection. Add in the drakegun for hordes and grom armor.. and you can cruise through champ+ with a lot less headache.

Last edited:
Back