International Was it a mistake for the US and there allies to withdraw the troops from Afghanistan?

Was it a mistake for the US and there allies to withdraw the troops from Afghanistan?

• Total voters
Where have your standards been for the last 10 years? We shouldn't have been in that war a month longer than Bin Laden's death. Al-quaeda had already been decimated, Bin Laden killed. I've been saying we need to get out of the entire middle east since we finished the job.

We shouldn't be involved in ANY unnecessary and illegal military activities. We need to get out of Iraq and Syria and we should stop bombing Somalia, Iraq and Syria. These are countries that are incapable of attacking us. We need to stop letting our weapons industry bribe our politicians into endless wars and let these people govern themselves.

What has this got to do with anything I said? Just felt like a rant?

Sucks for the people there for sure. Hopefully Biden and other leaders from the west open up their borders and allow an influx of refugees. A win win for all parties involved.

The issue is we needed to end this an Biden following through. It's about culture we cannot change a people who are devoted to religious beliefs that date back 1000's of years.

It will now come down to people deciding for themselves how they want to live. Taliban could quickly turn people against themselves. There is a lot of years where people experienced freedoms like cellphones, internet, education, access to better nutrition on an on.

Taliban could find themselves with a very disgruntled group of people.

Joe and Jane (J&J) enjoyed/enjoying their withdrawal from daily work duties with their vacations.

Last edited:
It was a no-win situation from the very beginning. I remember when all the prominent conservatives / Republicans were regurgitating the same crap about winning the hearts and minds of the people and once they breath freedom, things will change.

Now they are back to nitpicking with s*** like the pull-out strategy, as if this would've totally changed the outcome of our efforts. The moment we leave this was obviously going to happen.

Now everyone is pretending like they never supported the war on here

How useless are the Afghan army? You’d think after 20 years of training they’d put up more of a fight than that.

It was a no-win situation from the very beginning. I remember when all the prominent conservatives / Republicans were regurgitating the same crap about winning the hearts and minds of the people and once they breath freedom, things will change.

Now they are back to nitpicking with s*** like the pull-out strategy, as if this would've totally changed the outcome of our efforts. The moment we leave this was obviously going to happen.

Now everyone is pretending like they never supported the war on here

Both sides are hypocrites. It was less than a year ago that liberals smashed Trump for wanting to leave. Hell, the generals lied to him about troop levels, traitorous shit.

Fuck both sides

We should have never been there in the first place. Idk if the power vaccum excuse for not leaving is true or not
I respectfully disagree.

However, once Cheney started talking "nation building", we were in trouble.

If our plan was to disrupt the Taliban and catch Bin Laden, we should have planned an exit strategy immediately following that.

Instead we spread ourselves thin invading Iraq and left vacuums of control our enemies quickly filled in as soon as we left.

Neither Trump, Biden or Obama are to blame for these two fiascos. Bush and Cheney are.

The victory condition was a stable, pro-American regime and that was nearly impossible for anyone to achieve.

Liz Cheney eviscerates the Bunker Boy administration on their role in this

Wouldn’t have needed to address it at all if the right wing war-hawks wouldn’t have gotten us into this to begin with.
You forgetting about Barrack "Troop Surge" Obama??

Back