We Need to Talk About Dewey Cooper.

Marty777

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
download (2).jpe DRHZ3t_UQAAOCIW.jpg It seems he is poison to everyone's career that trains under him, and Kevin Lee, Rampage and Francis Ngannou being his recent failures. I have also seen him in a few other people corners as well and I just do not get why he is sought out as a coach. Further, after looking at his prize fighting history I noticed he just about lost every single fight he was in, yet he was somehow still inducted in to the Martial Arts Hall of Fame. With that in mind if this "super can" made it in to the "HOF" is it fair enough to say that the Martial Arts Hall of Fame"is a joke? However this thread is about Dewey in general and his failures as an MMA coach, I just really do not like the guy and think he aided Francis in failing tonight.

He will always be known to me as the guy who couldn’t knock Gary Goodridge out even after being given free headshots.

View attachment 328325 View attachment 328327 It seems he is poison to everyone's career that trains under him, and Kevin Lee, Rampage and Francis Ngannou being his recent failures. I have also seen him in a few other people corners as well and I just do not get why he is sought out as a coach. Further, after looking at his prize fighting history I noticed he just about lost every single fight he was in, yet he was somehow still inducted in to the Martial Arts Hall of Fame. With that in mind if this "super can" made it in to the "HOF" is it fair enough to say that the Martial Arts Hall of Fame"is a joke? However this thread is about Dewey in general and his failures as an MMA coach, I just really do not like the guy and think he aided Francis in failing tonight.
Well he was in the Corner of Kevin Lee when he was doing good and Nganou in previous fight, also i remember him in the corner of some fighters that recently had success...Besides he is not Nganou's head couch.

Well he was in the Corner of Kevin Lee when he was doing good and Nganou in previous fight, also i remember him in the corner of some fighters that recently had success...Besides he is not Nganou's head couch.
He does not have to be the head coach, but he should have brought something new to the team, as a coach I feel he has nothing to offer. Training in Vegas in general is a mistake really, what successful team are out there, and dont you even think about say lame ass "Extreme Couture" . Also Kevin Lee was never considered the next big thing so so what if he was with him when he had success, the guy is simply not a good trainer. not to mentioned he was a very bad fighter.

Lee and Ngannou just fought for belts.

If you are blaming Cooper for Fatpage you haven't been following the sport long.

Lee and Ngannou just fought for belts.

If you are blaming Cooper for Fatpage you haven't been following the sport long.
So I have not been following the sport long because you said so, come dude saying "you haven't been following the sport long" is just as corny as saying "savage or epic" lets be adults here. With that said Rampage stop trying a long time ago and i think that is clear to anyone who has seen that slob fight within the last 6-8 years. Point is Dewey is a hack of a coach and people should stay away from him. If Ngannou would have went to a good camp maybe he would have learned some new things that could have actually helped him.

So I have not been following the sport long because you said so, come dude saying "you haven't been following the sport long" is just as corny as saying "savage or epic" lets be adults here. With that said Rampage stop trying a long time ago and i think that is clear to anyone who has seen that slob fight within the last 6-8 years. Point is Dewey is a hack of a coach and people should stay away from him. If Ngannou would have went to a good camp maybe he would have learned some new things that could have actually helped him.
like cardio?

You're just exaggerating. Look at other coaches fight history and you'll find much of the same. Francis Ngannou, Kevin Lee and Jesse Vargas are relatively good fighters in their respective sports.

Ngannou's head coach calls Cooper the pad man, so sure it's all Dewey's fault

Ngannou needs to get rid of 20 lbs of muscle and focus on cardio and technique. Most heavyweights don't even have good cardio at 240 lbs, so it doesn't take a genius to figure out that 265 lbs is way too much. He's very fast-twitch so he will still have KO-power.

Also, with USADA around you're much more likely to get caught if you're using EPO.

So the boxing coach is responsible for his poor cardio and TDD? Great logic there. White belts should not be allowed to create threads

like cardio?
Maybe, but he did have a fast turn around so it is possible he would not have learned to much, what ever
You're just exaggerating. Look at other coaches fight history and you'll find much of the same. Francis Ngannou, Kevin Lee and Jesse Vargas are relatively good fighters in their respective sports.
"Exaggerating", are you stupid, the guy lost just about every fight he was in, also I never said Lee was not a good fighter, but if Dewey was not his coach maybe he could have beat or done better against Tony.

Ya'll only mention coaching after his fighter loses not a peep when they're winning.

So the boxing coach is responsible for his poor cardio and TDD? Great logic there. White belts should not be allowed to create threads
You are clearly very "uneducated", because I never said any of that but as most would agree things like that do fall on the coach.

You are clearly very "uneducated", because I never said any of that but as most would agree things like that do fall on the coach.

Who said you did? Obviously sarcasm is a foreign concept to you. And no, those things don’t fall on THE BOXING COACH

Wasnt Cooper the guy I use to see fight in K-1 back in the day?

If hes just the “pad guy” I dont see why he takes the blame. Id more blame his actual head coach dude, the french guy. In most of the training vids its that guy doing TD attempts on Francis, that dude is several weightclasses below and not even a wreslter.....

It was only a matter of time before Francis got exposed with his raw skillset, this is what he needed in his career, a reality check.

Ya'll only mention coaching after his fighter loses not a peep when they're winning.
Do "you people" even think before you post, I never thought Dewey was a good coach which is one of the reasons why i'm wondering how he got in to the Marital Arts Hall of Fame. Stipe did his thing, but Francis was not well prepared, he gassed in the first round and his TDD was just trash.

Wasnt Cooper the guy I use to see fight in K-1 back in the day?

If hes just the “pad guy” I dont see why he takes the blame. Id more blame his actual head coach dude, the french guy. In most of the training vids its that guy doing TD attempts on Francis, that dude is several weightclasses below and not even a wreslter.....

It was only a matter of time before Francis got exposed with his raw skillset, this is what he needed in his career, a reality check.
Agreed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back