We Need to Talk About Dewey Cooper.

I don't even have to look but whoever said Dewey Cooper lost almost every fight he was in, is drunk. He was an undersized fighter who often fought up in weight and on short notice for the money. He was a good fighter. Very skilled but his mma pedigree is nowhere near the same level. I bet he's worked with many fighters being based in vegas and lastly these striking coaches get bad raps .. he can't FIGHT for em!

Do "you people" even think before you post, I never thought Dewey was a good coach which is one of the reasons why i'm wondering how he got in to the Marital Arts Hall of Fame. Stipe did his thing, but Francis was not well prepared, he gassed in the first round and his TDD was just trash.
You act as if you are in the training room watching his training tactics. You are nothing but a spectator watching a fight.

With that said Rampage stop trying a long time ago and i think that is clear to anyone who has seen that slob fight within the last 6-8 years.

Oh so you have been watching, you are just either retarded or chose to be deliberately dishonest. Rampages failures are on rampage. Just like guys like Penn, the Roy Nelson, etc. They won't be coached and they are going to do their own thing.

I don't even have to look but whoever said Dewey Cooper lost almost every fight he was in, is drunk. He was an undersized fighter who often fought up in weight and on short notice for the money. He was a good fighter. Very skilled but his mma pedigree is nowhere near the same level. I bet he's worked with many fighters being based in vegas and lastly these striking coaches get bad raps .. he can't FIGHT for em!
Ok bud where is your proof he was a good fighter?

Oh so you have been watching, you are just either retarded or chose to be deliberately dishonest. Rampages failures are on rampage. Just like guys like Penn, the Roy Nelson, etc. They won't be coached and they are going to do their own thing.
What hell are you talking about scab, I'm lying about Rampage giving up a long time ago and just fighting to collect a check?

Dewey is his striking coach. Francis has been training only a few years, and even less time with Cooper. Do you think the man can turn Francis into Barboza after 2 training camps? Dewey is not his strength and conditioning coach. Francis' BODY failed him, not his striking. Who do you perceive is the absolute BEST striking coach out there? How many losses has that guy's fighters had? Gtfoh

I effin watched him fight on tv for a decade or so while you were learnin how to tie your shoes?
Really, 80's here A-hole so I doubt it, again where is your proof he was a good fighter? Shut up, you starting to really make a fool out of your self.

Dewey is his striking coach. Francis has been training only a few years, and even less time with Cooper. Do you think the man can turn Francis into Barboza after 2 training camps? Dewey is not his strength and conditioning coach. Francis' BODY failed him, not his striking. Who do you perceive is the absolute BEST striking coach out there? How many losses has that guy's fighters had? Gtfoh
CLEARLY I KNOW HE JUST GOT WITH COOPER BUT HE SHOULD HAVE BROUGHT SOMETHING TO THE TABLE TO BETTER HELP EVOLVE HIS DAMN FIGHTER.

Cultivate the poise of a dead man. The samurai should be incapable of being emotionally aroused, particularly by lust, greed, pride, jealousy or anger.

Can't beleive I wasted a few seconds of my life with you but I predict a short lifespan for you on Sherdog .. on this account, at least.

Dumb thread, kevin lee was not known to be a phenomenal puncher and Francis just started this sport 4 years ago - typical sherdog opinion here - he got those guys into title fights - they both almost won the belt in the first round of their fights too

View attachment 328325 View attachment 328327 It seems he is poison to everyone's career that trains under him, and Kevin Lee, Rampage and Francis Ngannou being his recent failures. I have also seen him in a few other people corners as well and I just do not get why he is sought out as a coach. Further, after looking at his prize fighting history I noticed he just about lost every single fight he was in, yet he was somehow still inducted in to the Martial Arts Hall of Fame. With that in mind if this "super can" made it in to the "HOF" is it fair enough to say that the Martial Arts Hall of Fame"is a joke? However this thread is about Dewey in general and his failures as an MMA coach, I just really do not like the guy and think he aided Francis in failing tonight.
This OP is so full of hate, and with the tone of your replies, I suspect just an attempt to piss people off.

Well congratulations, it seems to have got some people biting. But this shit needs to be pointed out.

Dewey is his striking coach. Francis has been training only a few years, and even less with Cooper. Do you think the man can turn Francis into Barboza after 2 training camps? Dewey is not his strength and conditioning coach. Francis' BODY failed him, not his striking. Who do you perceive is the absolute BEST striking coach out there? How many losses has that guy's fighters had? Gtfoh
Also did you see how Francis came out throwing wild looping punches, (missed nearly every one of them) that type of shit goes on the coaches to some degree, there was no game plan there.

Yup. People generalize saying Sherdog's posters are not knowledgeable but it's really not true. There are professional trolls who actually register here for years over and over precisely to advance a negative opinion of this site. Not gonna hazard a guess who supports or applauds people who may be behind it but I was a mod here for nearly a decade and I know it is true. Of course, don't wanna minimize the pettiness of people with no agenda in general who derive pleasure out of being a cockhead but .. for the record.

This OP is so full of hate, and with the tone of your replies, I suspect just an attempt to piss people off.

Well congratulations, it seems to have got some people biting. But this shit needs to be pointed out.
Wow so you somehow know that i wanted to piss people off? You narcissistic little fool how dare you, whatever i said was my opinion. Therefore I never meant to make people happy or angry, I have no emotions on the matter i just dont think he is a good coach.

Yup. People generalize saying Sherdog's posters are not knowledgeable but it's really not true. There are professional trolls who actually register here for years over and over precisely to advance a negative opinion of this site. Not gonna hazard a guess who supports or applauds people who may be behind it but I was a mod here for nearly a decade and I know it is true. Of course, don't wanna minimize the pettiness of people with no agenda in general who derive pleasure out of being a cockhead but .. for the record.
Wow you were a mod here for over a decade, that is one hell of an accomplishment.

Dumb thread, kevin lee was not known to be a phenomenal puncher and Francis just started this sport 4 years ago - typical sherdog opinion here - he got those guys into title fights - they both almost won the belt in the first round of their fights too
Oh yea I said something about Kevin Lee being a hell of a striker, do "you people" just make up things, because you bring up things that were never mentioned and are therefore not relevant to the thread.

Back