Weatherman's Lifehack for Defrosting Car Windows

Madmick

Zugzwang
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Apparently this has gone viral. So simple: 2/3 Rubbing Alcohol and 1/3 Cold Water Solution. Hope some of our cold weather brethren who hate the ice scrapers might find this useful. I imagine it's old news to a bunch of you, but you never know.

I know. You live in Oroville, right?
Negative, but Joey Lawrence 'Whoa!'...back off, stalker.

1688450007e6fab576e4a4d273f009992130704290.png

Real men aren't afraid to use their brute strength and simple tools to solve problems.

Walmart has been selling this stuff in spray bottles and aerosol cans for at least the last 20 years. $2 will last you most of winter. I only use it when the ice is super thick and hard or when I'm late for work and don't have time to scrape the shit off.

I left the frozen North for the Gulf Coast almost 15 years ago....

Have no desire to go back

Interesting. My life hack for when this situation comes up thus far has been to put the heat dials cranked all the way up & in the defrost setting upon exiting the car in preparation, then use a remote starter 10 minutes before I’m ready to leave. I will give this a try though, & report back.

I have no idea how I lose ice scrapers every year. Anyways, *Ralph voice* I use old CD cases a lot.

throw anti-freeze on the windshield. instant results.

I just leave the car running overnight with the heat on.

I don’t park my car outside because i’m not poor.

I park my daily driver in my driveway because my toys are in the garage lol.

I’m living dat scraper life yo. Tho, I have auto start and by time I go outside my windows are usually good to go.

I just drive with my head out the window Ace Ventura-style

ace-car-scene.jpg

Back